British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

On 5/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Sportsman said:

I really fail to understand ,why everyone on here has such a bad attitude towards Mr Chapman ,he bought a club that no one wanted ,he paid for it ,he didn't ask for the fans money .We have speedway in the top league ,but only one team can win it.he inherited a team and fixture list.but he needs this season to lay the foundations for a long term future,I think far to many people are making unnecessary judgments,without proper thought to the process required to build for the long term.

The reasons that cause so many supporters to loathe the way Buster Chapman runs UK speedway ( with undue influence ) go much further back than 2019! His determination ( together with Rob Godfrey ) to ignore the feedback of many supporters over at least five years, along with his "I know best" attitude is the bulk of why he is disliked. Rather than building for the long term of UK speedway, he seems hell-bent on it's destruction in the short to medium term. He has been "building King's Lynn for many a year but it is losing support year on year under his "care". Are you sure that you are not him Sportsman?

• Like 4

It’s difficult to disagree with a lot of what you say about Buster but are crowds decreasing at Lynn? I’m not so sure. By all accounts the attendances at ‘his’ three tracks seem pretty healthy at the moment. Happy to be proved wrong with figures / evidence. 

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s difficult to disagree with a lot of what you say about Buster but are crowds decreasing at Lynn? I’m not so sure. By all accounts the attendances at ‘his’ three tracks seem pretty healthy at the moment. Happy to be proved wrong with figures / evidence. 

If Supporters Club membership is anything to go by, we definitely have more this year!

• Like 2

40% of Busters fixtures have been local derbies. 

I’m glad he brought Ipswich and Peterborough into the top division and selflessly saved UK speedway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i think the only thing Buster is guilty of this year is trying to make the sport more financially viable.

by setting strict pay caps it means the clubs are run to a proper budget and don't overstretch themselves, something that's been needed for many years, and by now having 3 teams it means nearly half the league adhear to that, instead of just 1 team each year.

if the other teams followed suit then it would get rid of a lot of the "will they run won't they" every year ... ok, so there will be some riders that won't ride here, but surely it would then show who is bleeding the leagues dry without getting extra income on the terraces to cover that.

• Like 9

You could get rid of most of the team, but they are all riding in false positions, because the team is hopelessly weak, as a result of Chapman building it 3 points below the limit.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 7:10 AM, hans fan said:

Think reality will really hit Johnson as to how bad panthers are in the next  10 days 

Good job the panthers meet against the aces was off that would have been another defeat has the reality train hit home yet .johnson keeps making excuses for riders but the reality is there cack 

• Like 2

That really is enough now of messing around with the blooming track, tractor racing was tedious tonight. The crowd won't put up with it for much longer.  How the heck can our poor riders ever get any home track advantage, when the track is never the same from one week to the next!! The track is neutral and a level playing field  for both sets of riders! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevehone said:

i think the only thing Buster is guilty of this year is trying to make the sport more financially viable.

by setting strict pay caps it means the clubs are run to a proper budget and don't overstretch themselves, something that's been needed for many years, and by now having 3 teams it means nearly half the league adhear to that, instead of just 1 team each year.

if the other teams followed suit then it would get rid of a lot of the "will they run won't they" every year ... ok, so there will be some riders that won't ride here, but surely it would then show who is bleeding the leagues dry without getting extra income on the terraces to cover that.

I know Buster ain't perfect by a long way. But as you say he is at least trying. He isn't selling his top rider to Poland and letting the fans and team mates down for a few ££ either..

And some want Ged back :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

The reality is whole sale change is going to be needed to stand any chance of rescuing this mess

Build around Charles Wright 

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The reality is whole sale change is going to be needed to stand any chance of rescuing this mess

Build around Charles Wright 

The reality is this crap team will be together all season. Whether the fans will be is a different matter.

• Like 4

On 5/10/2019 at 6:41 AM, Noodles said:

Really? I don't think so

Would you like to try again following tonight’s drubbing (it was only a matter of time) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

We need to organise a boycott.

Geoffrey may be available . Sorry that's not cricket now is it'