British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Buster's biggest contibution now should be to just try to put the track back to what it was previously, whatever hes done appears to of destroyed much of the entertainment factor and seems to of had a massive impact on the home riders in the team, anyone who follows any sport thinks they know best and will always give there opinion, even Ipswich fans were moaning before the start of the season at the team being assembled but have been surprised at the way there team is performing now. 

As for money trees there out of stock at the garden centres at the moment as Bolton Wanderers fans have bought them all apparently. 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

First visit to the Showground this year on Monday night and I didn't think the racing was as bad as people have made out? I felt there were three or four really decent races which I felt made for a decent meeting. The track is definitely different but I don't believe it's as bad as commented.

Moving on to the Peterborough side, Bjerre and Barker have to be on their way. Bjerre just seems to be getting worse by the year, similar to Barker in fact. Barker always tries so hard but just never looks fast anymore, the effort is there but clearly doesn't have the machinery. The question is who can actually improve the team and want to ride for them?

1 hour ago, Speedway28 said:

First visit to the Showground this year on Monday night and I didn't think the racing was as bad as people have made out? I felt there were three or four really decent races which I felt made for a decent meeting. The track is definitely different but I don't believe it's as bad as commented.

Moving on to the Peterborough side, Bjerre and Barker have to be on their way. Bjerre just seems to be getting worse by the year, similar to Barker in fact. Barker always tries so hard but just never looks fast anymore, the effort is there but clearly doesn't have the machinery. The question is who can actually improve the team and want to ride for them?

I'd agree with that general summing up, although it wasn't decent from a Panthers perspective. As I said before, there's not actually too much wrong that a couple of decent riders wouldn't put right.

• Like 1

As it is Buster's money ( we assume ) propping up the Panthers if it goes belly up and flops financially then the egg or whatever that is left on his face is down to the choice of direction that he has taken the club in. What is galling for supporters is his apparent unwillingness to make changes that may break the budget he has settled on. My own feeling is that he will ring the changes within the team in a desperate attempt to prevent the crowd from falling off too badly.

49 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Are the crowds lower this year? 

A side glance in the stand seems to indicate not too bad considering but not sure how much of the 2200 seats is not used now for whatever reason. Also though, if it doesn't improve then it will drop off so it probably needs this early season rush for the season average.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

As it is Buster's money ( we assume ) propping up the Panthers if it goes belly up and flops financially then the egg or whatever that is left on his face is down to the choice of direction that he has taken the club in. What is galling for supporters is his apparent unwillingness to make changes that may break the budget he has settled on. My own feeling is that he will ring the changes within the team in a desperate attempt to prevent the crowd from falling off too badly.

I don't think that's true. There is an unwillingness, I suspect, to sign a rider for inflated points money with no guarantee that said rider will improve the team. All very well saying go and sign xxxx but I know for a fact that many of the riders names people on here are putting forward, simply don't wish to ride in the UK.

If you got rid of Barker and Bjerre plus the 0.07 you have. 

That 11.84 to play with. 

2 guys i would see if you could get. 

1 would be THJ (spoke to him 3 days still looking for a UK spot and the other if you could bring him back would be Kim N) 

They add up to 11.77 as 4.64 and 7.13 respectively. THJ would flux between that reserve and 2/4 spot. 

Kim N would be come that 3/4th heat leader with Wright.  

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

Are the crowds lower this year? 

On arriving Monday evening to a local derby with Ipswich I was surprised how empty the Car Park was and even more shocked to not see any queues at the turnstiles - that’s what I usually judge it on as sitting in the grandstand makes it difficult to tell. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Lets be realistic, there wont be wholesale changes as there simply isn't the riders to do that, also you've got Buster in charge looking after 3 teams compared to Ged who was solely looking after the Panthers. 

I could see the Panthers looking like (in the next few weeks)

1. Hans Andersen 7.60

2. Aaron Summers 4.97

3. Charles Wright 5.46

4. Nick Morris 6.60

5. Rohan Tungate 7.36

6. BWD 5.27

7. Pickering/Sedgman/Vissing/Bates

But you still have Hans at No. 1 and we already know that isn’t working. 

From watching Boro and Ipswich at Swindon the Panthers were unlucky to lose 46-44.Witches didn't look as good..beaten comfortably. Andersen is no number 1 now. And they were fortunate to use r/r for Bjerre.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maneacat said:

But you still have Hans at No. 1 and we already know that isn’t working. 

I agree, but find a rider above the 8.00 mark who will be wanting to ride in the British League, give it a month then won't have that issue as Hans average will be 6.50ish, but the season will be long gone.....

• Sad 1

And what do you think is causing the lower or not large enough crowds? Is is the team? The product - eg the racing)? The price? The race night? 

58 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Very surprised that champions in waiting Ipswich have caused so much unrest among the Panthers supporters

Lets face it Ipswich fans have been waiting such along time to be champions again, im sure a few more months wont bother them if and its a big if it actually happens.

• Like 2