British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Think that was a tongue in cheek comment I don’t think any of us really think we’re going to win the title this year. 

All most of us wanted in our first season back in the top flight was to see some good racing, and to be competitive and so far we’ve succeeded on both counts. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

All most of us wanted in our first season back in the top flight was to see some good racing, and to be competitive . 

Isnt this really what the Panthers faithful would be happy with also 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

I agree, but find a rider above the 8.00 mark who will be wanting to ride in the British League, give it a month then won't have that issue as Hans average will be 6.50ish, but the season will be long gone.....

......together with many of the fans :cry:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

Very surprised that champions in waiting Ipswich have caused so much unrest among the Panthers supporters

No they havnt actually - it’s been bubbling under the surface since the winter shenanigans - it’s just there are more fans voicing their frustrations now.    

You have a solid team and are very fortunate to still have your original promoter - if we had the same I feel things would be different.

• Like 6

In todays Peterborough Telegraph. 

Carl Johnson "There is a possibility of having a new face or faces in the team by the time we race again" 

Allegedly talking to two riders.

Edited by Isotonic

16 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

And what do you think is causing the lower or not large enough crowds? Is is the team? The product - eg the racing)? The price? The race night? 

Losses on and off the track won’t drive away the Panthers owners (edit from P'boro ET Monday 28 October 2013)

Owner Rick Frost admits he should have acted sooner to salvage Panthers’ season. Panthers were rock-bottom when team boss Jan Staechmann was sacked to allow all-time great Ryan Sullivan to make a dramatic return to the club. That switch, combined with a triple rider change, sparked a terrific turnaround as Panthers flirted with a top-four spot before having to settle for a seventh-placed finish. Frost said: “We should have made the changes much earlier so I guess the buck stops with me. “Everything turned around after the arrival of Ryan and the alterations to the team.

“Crowd levels were disastrous in the first part of the season. They went up as the team began to perform well.

And generally at Peterbough they'll drop off just as quickly if the team is bombing at the EoES. I'd also add presentation and atmosphere in with product and the former always needs work although Frost/Mahoney set the standard, albeit as part of the Readypower budget, and as Shovlar pointed out, the latter is terribly flat.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

It's a very very big if imo. Beating the worst team in the league is nothing to get carried way with. 

Steady on, it was impressive :D

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

I agree, but find a rider above the 8.00 mark who will be wanting to ride in the British League, give it a month then won't have that issue as Hans average will be 6.50ish, but the season will be long gone.....

That won’t be happening anytime soon. Since his poor for this season is under the 6 mark his rolling average has gone up to 7.98!

Thats why the rolling averages no longer affect reality. Lasse and Ben are another 2. Both rolling averages have gone up despite being down for this year.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

That won’t be happening anytime soon. Since his poor for this season is under the 6 mark his rolling average has gone up to 7.98!

Thats why the rolling averages no longer affect reality. Lasse and Ben are another 2. Both rolling averages have gone up despite being down for this year.

That can work to the advantage though of bringing riders in equal to or below that. Even though they’re poor their average is worth more

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

That can work to the advantage though of bringing riders in equal to or below that. Even though they’re poor their average is worth more

Yes I agree with you, and I’m assuming that was the reason on using Ben and Lasse knowing their averages would go up.

they are only useful tho if you need to run RR or replace them with another rider on a similar average like you say.

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Yes I agree with you, and I’m assuming that was the reason on using Ben and Lasse knowing their averages would go up.

they are only useful tho if you need to run RR or replace them with another rider on a similar average like you say.

And to have more points available for the other five riders at the beginning of the season......

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Isotonic said:

In todays Peterborough Telegraph. 

Carl Johnson "There is a possibility of having a new face or faces in the team by the time we race again" 

Allegedly talking to two riders.

Buster mentioned the Dow Jones to Carl the other day and Carl was trying to find his number in the Cardiff phone directory 

• Haha 1

Any news on this 2 new signings or was it pure hot air?