British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Wonder what stunt Buster will pull now to replace Hans?

They will do nothing just use R/R all the time its the cheapest option and shows they have no interest in being competitive, shows that Peterborough are just in this league to keep it going and nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is that fact? Or could Cook be the one that backed down?

Could quite easily be that Cook decided he wants more than just Glasgow meetings and backed down ie agreed a deal on the same terms as he would have been on for P’boro. 

I doubt we’ll ever know.  Although I know who my money would be on as to which of the two parties ‘backed down’. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is that fact? Or could Cook be the one that backed down?

If Lynn called Cook as has been said then it doubtful  he would of backed down without his extra money for the white sponsors 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If Lynn called Cook as has been said then it doubtful  he would of backed down without his extra money for the white sponsors 

Is it? 

4 hours ago, cinderfella said:

So Cookie turns out for KL in full team kevlars and bike covers. 
Really feel for you Panther's fans as well and truly shafted twice now this season.

I don't feel sorry for Panthers supporters one bit , they should have realised what was about to unfold the day  Chapman imposed  himself on  Peterborough and while they keep paying there money things will not improve , most should have  been well aware  of what the likely situation would be , but if they want to keep Chapman happy then keep paying him your money , I'm sure he will be more than happy to take it  as well as helping Panthers to the wooden spoon 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I don't feel sorry for Panthers supporters one bit , they should have realised what was about to unfold the day  Chapman imposed  himself on  Peterborough and while they keep paying there money things will not improve , most should have  been well aware  of what the likely situation would be , but if they want to keep Chapman happy then keep paying him your money , I'm sure he will be more than happy to take it  as well as helping Panthers to the wooden spoon 

I am no fan of Chapman however it  is obvious with situation that developed  it is Chapman or the end of Speedway at EOES. Fans did not sell the club and I suspect those that did were duped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

They have improved tho the track has been consistent (which it hasn't been for years)  racing wasn't great to start with but the last few meetings have been excellent , cook situation could have been better but tungate is a improvement on harris and he has improved the team with recent team changes

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is it? 

You really think that Cook would back down after receiving a call from Lynn management to ask if he would sign and be told and by the way your sponsors will still have to be in white if you sign for us. 

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You really think that Cook would back down after receiving a call from Lynn management to ask if he would sign and be told and by the way your sponsors will still have to be in white if you sign for us. 

It's totally possible that Cookie had reconsidered? Who knows ....

Wonder how SOME Lynn fans would react if Panthers had signed Iversen ? Or still do sign Iversen - that would be interesting 

If Iversen goes to Panthers best of luck to him. Kings Lynn speedway was there long before Iversen and is still there without him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to suggest that Cook held out til June and realised that just riding for Glasgow isn’t doing him much good, and to then be prepared to take the next offer which came his way. 

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

Wonder how SOME Lynn fans would react if Panthers had signed Iversen ? Or still do sign Iversen - that would be interesting 

I’d say good luck to both parties, we want as many quality riders in the league as possible. Highly unlikely though due to other commitments, almost certainly one of the reasons he didn’t line up for Lynn this year. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to suggest that Cook held out til June and realised that just riding for Glasgow isn’t doing him much good, and to then be prepared to take the next offer which came his way. 

I’d say good luck to both parties, we want as many quality riders in the league as possible. Highly unlikely though due to other commitments, almost certainly one of the reasons he didn’t line up for Lynn this year. 

Lynn fans must be a different breed to Panthers fans then as some seem to have a mega hump over Cook 

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

Lynn fans must be a different breed to Panthers fans then as some seem to have a mega hump over Cook 

The whole situation was handled very badly by both parties, and after the Harris fiasco it was the final straw for many...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I thought this was all to do with one sponsor,who then duly pulled the plug on sponsoring Cook.This then left the remaining sponsors who were happy to have there logo's/writing in white:unsure:

• Like 2