British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:48 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Are there a more fickle set of fans anywhere than the Boro fans?

See ya Monday :)

I've not commented on this yet outside of my own forum so how cheery should I be given that the Chris Harris select roll into town to plunder the points yet again and the management team (yes I'll call them that because I've no idea what anyone does apart from Johnson being the mouthpiece) serve up the next different circuit which Panthers (mostly slow starting or not bright enough to ride the white line or thereabouts on turn one) can't race on.

on June 26 Johnson added: “The track is getting better and better with every meeting that goes by. “It’s fast but it’s also exciting and I don’t think anyone could have any complaints about what they’ve seen here this season.”

As a semi retired keyboard warrior without a clue, last night generally: track, presentation and atmosphere was thoroughly depressing and that view is based on many more years as a fan than he's seen as a manager/promoter.

Rant over, for now :D

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

I've not commented on this yet outside of my own forum so how cheery should I be given that the Chris Harris select roll into town to plunder the points yet again and the management team (yes I'll call them that because I've not idea what anyone does apart from Johnson being the mouthpiece) serve up the next different circuit which Panthers (mostly slow starting or not bright enough to ride the white line or thereabouts on turn one) can't race on.

on June 26 Johnson added: “The track is getting better and better with every meeting that goes by. “It’s fast but it’s also exciting and I don’t think anyone could have any complaints about what they’ve seen here this season.”

As a semi retired keyboard warrior without a clue, last night generally: track, presentation and atmosphere was thoroughly depressing and that view is based on many more years as a fan than he's seen as a manager/promoter.

Rant over, for now :D

Makes you wonder if the track was prepared with the away team more in mind as there more likely to be the one team of the three owner linked teams to reach the play offs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Makes you wonder if the track was prepared with the away team more in mind as there more likely to be the one team of the three owner linked teams to reach the play offs.  

Or you know to a man we just wanted it more, worked harder, made better starts, are in better form, are a cohesive team working well together as one unit.....but yeah the track was prepared to help us that’s the reason why we won for a second time in the league at Peterborough this season! 

24 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

No I doubt it. It's been the same for years in that infrequency of meetings means that unless it's 2 or 3 meetings in a week or 10 days then it's just pot luck what it turns out like. More often than not it'll be slick and the home side look like strangers for 8 heats as they did once again.

Small bleed on the brain for Hans and possibly a wrist injury 

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

mostly slow starting or not bright enough to ride the white line or thereabouts on turn one.

Simple formula to win at the showground....

1. Gate

2. Ride inside 3m of track 

(riding any wider will result in being overtaken by rider doing no 2. )

As for the track getting better... hate to think what it was like a couple of months ago....:o

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Small bleed on the brain for Hans and possibly a wrist injury 

Hopefully he won’t be out for long. Wishing him a speedy recovery as I guess everyone else is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

1. Gate

(riding any wider will result in being overtaken by rider doimg no 2. )

As for the track getting better... hate to think what it was like a couple of months ago....

This is where Johnson looked a bit silly with his comments because it was like that for the first part of the season but then settled down for a couple of excellent meetings when they took the speed out but then yesterday produced a track without speed and no outside line. When a home rider is chasing a back wheel going into turn 1 and chooses the Ryan Sullivan outside run, only to come out of turn 2 about 5 bike lengths behind then that tells you all you need to know. What's worse is that when we made a gate then numerous times we went mid track or outside going backwards to wave the opposition through. 7 heat wins v 8 should not bring a 13 point defeat on your own shale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Jepsen Jensen and Buczkowski would get bums off their seats.

So do drawing pins - can send you some of those if you like. Probably a more realistic aquisition :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Jepsen Jensen and Buczkowski would get bums off their seats.

And some,, well probably one fans bum in the air

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

1. Gate

(riding any wider will result in being overtaken by rider doing no 2. )

As for the track getting better... hate to think what it was like a couple of months ago....:o

Isnt this the same formula used for foxhall last season that Peterborough followed when winning both matches

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Isnt this the same formula used for foxhall last season that Peterborough followed when winning both matches

Don't think that he was having a go, just pointing out the facts about how poor it was last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Don't think that he was having a go, just pointing out the facts about how poor it was last night.

Or was it poor?  Not according to someone on another thread.