British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Or you know to a man we just wanted it more, worked harder, made better starts, are in better form, are a cohesive team working well together as one unit.....but yeah the track was prepared to help us that’s the reason why we won for a second time in the league at Peterborough this season! 

Ok calm down wasnt using it as any form of an excuse,  Ipswich are the better team this season  but wouldn't put anything past Mr Chapman to ensure he has at least one of his teams in the play offs

Anyway good luck in the play offs think you will need it

Edited by scoobydoo

25 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It wasn’t good, track was very slick last night.

The majority of meetings that people have moaned about at Boro this season have been when the track has been grippy though. 

The Swindon match had a grippier track, times a couple of seconds quicker and there wasn't a single pass in the first 9 heats until a cracker in heat 10. The meeting drew praise because of a handful of decent heats at the end and, presumably, a home win.

Race for race there was more passing last night than in the Swindon meeting.

The account on updates for last night matches what I have in my head in terms of passes executed.

I have no team anymore so completely impartial.  Even the bad meetings at Peterborough are better than what I am seeing across the country.

Probably why the sport is in a mess in the UK.

52 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Or was it poor?  Not according to someone on another thread.  

Perhaps poor was the wrong word but I like to see a racers track, which we've had a couple of times this year but that wasn't it. Each to their own I suppose. It's always good to have a volunteer to put the lights out at the end.

Talking of lights, it was certainly something to see Tungate flying down the back straight in the dark with only on 4th bend lighting pole on :shock:

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:20 PM, wealdstone said:

More evidence that Panthers are the poor relations in the Chapman triumvirate.

Buster makes no secret that his main concern is Kings Lynn, and I am sure the Louis's at Ipswich will not allow themselves to be messed about. At Panthers however after creating a great team which has been eroded it looks that Ged and Neil have been manoeuvred  out leaving  those left in charge with little or no direct control.       Neil  Watson would know more if able to tell

Edited by wealdstone

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Perhaps poor was the wrong word but I like to see a racers track, which we've had a couple of times this year but that wasn't it. Each to their own I suppose. It's always good to have a volunteer to put the lights out at the end.

Talking of lights, it was certainly something to see Tungate flying down the back straight in the dark with only on 4th bend lighting pole on :shock:

I'm 100 percent with you,,, racers track all day long for me,,,,,, which is why I love going to the showground.... Twice this year now its been iffy on my visits,,,, but for opposite reasons,,,, too grippy,,, now far too slick 

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Ok calm down wasnt using it as any form of an excuse,  Ipswich are the better team this season  but wouldn't put anything past Mr Chapman to ensure he has at least one of his teams in the play offs

Anyway good luck in the play offs think you will need it

Why so salty? You’re coming across as a grumpy old sod, and a terrible loser. 

I've been to the showground twice this season. The most recent Poole match was excellent and the fours were very good as well. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

In view of Busters comments and actions in the last few hours , can we assume he has now taken control of day to day matters?

11 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

In view of Busters comments and actions in the last few hours , can we assume he has now taken control of day to day matters?

Can you tell us what your referring to.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, cityrebel said:

I've been to the showground twice this season. The most recent Poole match was excellent and the fours were very good as well. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

The Poole match was the best meeting I have seen in years.

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Can you tell us what your referring to.

On the official Panthers site Buster seems to booked the guest for Monday directly himself bypassing existing Panthers Management, also seems to infer that he will be there Monday  to be in control

Edited by wealdstone

Expect Buster will label the two meetings at Lynn against Peterborough as battle of the basement clashes to get  bigger crowds in for each meeting

As neither will make the play-offs maybe Buster could sort an A47 Trophy over two legs of course.  That should pack em in.:)