British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Peterborough ride the same number of  league matches as everyone else, they have had more home than away so far so unless the management cant save the previous home gate money then its no different to all other teams really

It depends if the club is running at a loss, like the majority are in this country. 

Buster has a money tree ( gullible sponsors ) so really has no need to exhort fans to "support or else", when he does so it's just because for anyone, even him, it's hard to break old habits.

Buster  has the skills to pay the bills 

11 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

awful team

awful owner

awful atmosphere

awful luck

awful track

all barring the luck but could merge that into the track point, all leads to Buster Chapman. 

A team that we were meant to start the season with would have brought the fans in, the track would be set up for them, the owner wouldn’t have to get involved so he can keep screwing up lynns track.

Instead we’re watching the side fall away and no doubt like other seasons, severe question marks over its future once again 

Feel so sorry for panthers fans - essentially all of my fears upon hearing the news buster had bought us out to take us up are being realised....just in Peterborough not ipswich.

irrespective of how the witches finish this season (champions hopefully!!!) I sincerely hope this season has shown Chris Louis top flight speedway is viable in Ipswich and has been enough of a success for him to justify the risk activating his buy back clause and full ownership/control as no matter how successful we are this season, there’s simply no way of knowing it’ll work again next season and July 2020 we could have been 2019 champs and still finding ourselves in a similar buster shaped mess the panthers currently find themselves in.

It’s a pretty sad state really pboro is the best track in country outside of now perhaps nss and if managed correctly with a decent side would/could be packed the rafters with fans every week

I just can’t fathom why anyone would want to make the inside line at one of the best speedway tracks around so grippy thus turning it into a one liner. Baffling. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I just can’t fathom why anyone would want to make the inside line at one of the best speedway tracks around so grippy thus turning it into a one liner. Baffling. 

From what I saw on Tv last week Buster done exactly the same at KL though there is stock cars at Lynn is that the plan for the show ground ? 

2 hours ago, Haza said:

From what I saw on Tv last week Buster done exactly the same at KL though there is stock cars at Lynn is that the plan for the show ground ? 

If he owned the showground I'd say it was nailed on, but he don't and the cars were kicked out of there years ago.

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

A few years ago the inside line didn't work at all as it had done for many previous seasons. The one line was often a couple of yards off the fence so it's good that Chapman has that inside working again but it's too good at times and there needs to be a balance which has only really been found at a couple of meetings. Those memories somehow then morph into it's been terrific all season when it clearly hasn't. However, if he'd put out the competitive side as advertised in December then you wonder whether the track would have got too much of a mention?

Edited by Crump99

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

:t:

Even Gary Havelock and Jason King Agree that Buster Chapman has wrecked the EoESg.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bdjfan said:

Even Gary Havelock and Jason King Agree that Buster Chapman has wrecked the EoESg.

Lynn used to be one of the best race tracks in the country, so it's nothing new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bdjfan said:

Track Record on Monday .

Track record means a fast track, not necessarily a racing track, with different racing lines.

• Like 3

The track at Kings Lynn, when at its best was all down to Huggy.  Once he ‘decided to walk out’ ( that’s another story) Buster took it over and look at the outcome.  

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, bdjfan said:

The track isn’t ruined. There has been some fantastic racing on it this season but  Monday wasn’t good. Seems fairly simple but the inside needs to be slicker than the outside. Then you get the quality of racing that we all want and know can be produced on that track. 

• Like 2