British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

I feel sorry for any fan who purchased a season ticket.

9 hours ago, Greg said:

Im starting to hope Buster walks away from Peterbrough you dont here the Witches fans moaning .

You didn't hear any Panthers fans moaning on Dec 20th despite Chapman. Perhaps you need to think a bit harder about it and ask what went wrong from that point and who was responsible?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I didn't think any speedway supporter would want that.

Would you expect anything else from Scrutton (or Debs). Unable to argue his point or put a decent case forward so goes for the nuclear option that no loyal speedway fan of any circuit should wish on another :rolleyes:

Edited by Crump99

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Nothing wrong with your memory Rob, the bank was much higher and steeper. It was reduced so that an additional show ring could be viewed from the Grandstand I believe.

Was that it Neil? If so, what a poor decision that was. For Rob or anyone else's benefit then here's a good example of the banking as it was:

1989 4TT Finals Peterbrough

6 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Was that it Neil? If so, what a poor decision that was. For Rob or anyone else's benefit then here's a good example of the banking as it was:

1989 4TT Finals Peterbrough

That'scertainly my recollection as to why it was done. The speedway track is around what always used to be called the 'main ring'. The secondary showing ring was behind the stand, viewed from the balcony. A new ring was established to the east of the track, but it couldn't be seen from the stand because of the bank. I suspect H&S played a part too....

13 hours ago, semion said:

The track at Kings Lynn, when at its best was all down to Huggy.  Once he ‘decided to walk out’ ( that’s another story) Buster took it over and look at the outcome.  

Buster is the ** if you want to break track records, but it's not the best for close racing. Some riders love it, but there's more who struggle with it.

It can't be the shale, because it was Skidder or FB I think that said it was the best meeting they had seen in years when Poole was in town. And from what I have read, there have been a few of them this season.

A bit of dirt is a good thing, but  if it's got a lot of clay content and soaked, it becomes super grippy, and it makes most riders cautious because there not used to it and the way the bike reacts....  Peterborough proves this. They have had a few great meetings, with the same shale as they have had crap ones. 

A bit less top surface,  and a bit less water …. Maybe?

17 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That'scertainly my recollection as to why it was done. The speedway track is around what always used to be called the 'main ring'. The secondary showing ring was behind the stand, viewed from the balcony. A new ring was established to the east of the track, but it couldn't be seen from the stand because of the bank. I suspect H&S played a part too....

I'm not convinced but you know more than I of the running and logistics of the place so I can live with that. It was a bit bloody steep down the back so you could be correct on the H&S as well.

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Buster is the ** if you want to break track records, but it's not the best for close racing. Some riders love it, but there's more who struggle with it.

It can't be the shale, because it was Skidder or FB I think that said it was the best meeting they had seen in years when Poole was in town. And from what I have read, there have been a few of them this season.

A bit of dirt is a good thing, but  if it's got a lot of clay content and soaked, it becomes super grippy, and it makes most riders cautious because there not used to it and the way the bike reacts....  Peterborough proves this. They have had a few great meetings, with the same shale as they have had crap ones. 

I did say that the Poole meeting was fantastic, great racing with passing every lap it seemed. From memory Peterborough only used to get great racing later in the meeting but that day from the start it seemed all the riders were up for it and normally driving home after losing i wouldnt be happy but not that night because i knew i had seen a special meeting. Nobody would expect that every week but if most meetings were half as good im sure crowd levels would increase. The Belle Vue meeting at Peterborough on tv the other day wasn't great but considering the crashes and the home team down to 5 riders after a couple of races and having a second string riding at 1 it was never going to be a good meeting. 

8 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

If you're sticking up for Buster Chapman then you're deluded.

King's Lynn fans have to watch racing at the AFA most weeks so they're use to seeing a poor race track that produces poor racing.

And the racing at the AFA is equally poor. 12 from 15 heats are tapes to flag processions. Buster is even incapable of setting up a good racing track when the TV reaches any of his tracks. Is that deliberate or lack of ability? His "saving" of the TV contract has this season become an even more pathetic advert for UK speedway, with very few elderly supporters watching the four bikes play follow the leader almost inevitably. So why has it ended up like that?  

A statement seems long overdue Chairman Chapman. What does he think he is "selling". Excitement, speedy thrills, close racing? He is serving up none of those. even a move to One Big league ( which I would like to see ) will not improve the racing one whit unless the issue of the bikes and the tracks is addressed. UK speedway is dead in the water under Chapman & Godfrey.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

From memory Peterborough only used to get great racing later in the meeting

Historically that is a fair observation. More often than not, like most places in reality, the first half of a meeting is often fairly processional with the odd good bit before it really warms up afterwards. The problem in 2019, especially lately, with the Panthers team provided is that it's usually in big trouble at the EoES by that time, just hanging on as the opposition coasts through the second half of the meeting doing what's necessary as Panthers bust a gut just to get a drawn heat with a first and last place.

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It was the riders and management of both teams that said what a fantastic meeting it was!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Bomber guesting on Monday at Wolves for Harris, and a replacement for Bates to ne named in the next 24 hours, queue Rambo Lambo.....but I reckon will be Busk Jakobsen

EH ???????????????????????

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

EH ???????????????????????

Ha I know what I meant, a couple hours kip after a late flight in from holiday is my excuse!

Bomber guesting for the Panthers on Monday for Hans at Wolves. 

4 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

5.12 available. More than likely Jakobsen which would sum up everything about Chapman and our season. Anyone know if Josh Pickering would fit?

His champ ave is 6.73. Converts to around 4.50 if his Champ average is divided by 1.5, which I think is correct.