British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Leicester have replaced Bates which must mean Peterborough will as expected replace him permanently now with Simon Lambert 

Not necessarily. Using guests rather than making a team change means a saving on loan fees and other fixed rider costs. It allows (in theory) horses-for-courses guests. There will be no issue with the 8-day rule until later in September. It holds Josh Bates’ average in the 1-7 should other changes be made before August 28th.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Not necessarily. Using guests rather than making a team change means a saving on loan fees and other fixed rider costs. It allows (in theory) horses-for-courses guests. There will be no issue with the 8-day rule until later in September. It holds Josh Bates’ average in the 1-7 should other changes be made before August 28th.

And in the meantime short change the paying public :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Peterborough are the weakest team at the moment. Some of it, Well quite a lot of it is down to bad luck. As for the rest, I know who i blame..... Big changes needed.

Have you got a list of the available riders that Colin Pratt can bring in ...if so let him know       sue he would be more than interested

1 minute ago, John Scrutton said:

Have you got a list of the available riders that Colin Pratt can bring in ...if so let him know       sue he would be more than interested

Who is Sue ?

I see on the supporters group on facebook, Carl Johnson was asking people for suggestions for riders for guests and permanent. He’s words ‘Come on then everyone, name the 3 riders you would bring in ? Let’s see how much everyone knows’

10 hours ago, Thecatalyst said:

Trouble is, is if Buster decides to sell, will there be any takers

At the current valuation rate i have £4.50 as an offer if he's interested?

10 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

I see on the supporters group on facebook, Carl Johnson was asking people for suggestions for riders for guests and permanent. He’s words ‘Come on then everyone, name the 3 riders you would bring in ? Let’s see how much everyone knows’

I personally hate all the turning back on fans, lets see what you know, don't like it don't come mentality belongs long in the past. Criticism via social media (justified or otherwise) is a thing of the present and needs to be handled properly by those involved with the club namely by giving honest and frequent updates even if the say things like we have been looking at our options but there are no current riders available within our pay structure.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

At the current valuation rate i have £4.50 as an offer if he's interested?

I will up that offer, considerably, to £9.99 but will not take on any debt liability within that purchase.

4 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I will up that offer, considerably, to £9.99 but will not take on any debt liability within that purchase.

Gazumped!!!!!!

How much can you afford to lose per season once you have parted with the purchase price ?

Reported in the PT that BWD's injury is not healing. Can we extend the naming of available riders from Facebook to this forum. 

Perhaps someone  should do a sky dive for the boy as Robert Lamberts mother is doing for Greg Hancocks wife    Lets hope it is Blue/Black Panthers   BUT without parachuts

15 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I personally hate all the turning back on fans, lets see what you know, don't like it don't come mentality belongs long in the past. Criticism via social media (justified or otherwise) is a thing of the present and needs to be handled properly by those involved with the club namely by giving honest and frequent updates even if the say things like we have been looking at our options but there are no current riders available within our pay structure.

It's been like that at times for at least 15 years at Peterborough. There has been some nasty stuff and management have often been justified in coming out fighting. Generally though it's lack of communication/explanation that causes the problems. Fans get upset and vent their anger and management get upset when in fact they could have nipped things in the bud much earlier with a version of events that people will believe and not the corporate line that usually doesn't stack up to other info out there.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2