British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 hour ago, BlackPanther said:

Just read Carl's comments on the supporters group. My hatred for Buster Chapman has now gone through the roof. I honestly hope someone thumps him.

Carl Johnson 'David Bellego was spoken too and was too expensive for us'

That's right boys and girls it's the same David Bellego who Buster Chapman signed for Ipswich this season. Now all of a sudden when it come to Peterborough Speedway he's too expensive. 

I give up. No more trips to the Showground for me. The armchair will do. Not putting another penny in Busters pocket. Utterly disgraceful.

Perhaps Barry has upped his price thinking that Boro are in a desparate position..... 

• Thanks 1

Maybe the budgets at Ippo are different to those at Peterborough ?  Bellego could be afforded at Foxhole but not at Alwarton.   Could be based on crowd figures.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Crystal clear to me.

Buster doesn't want to spend a decent amount of money on Peterborough Speedway to try and turn around our poor run of form.

He is more than happy to take punters money and serve up dross every week with a team that cant compete unless a new rider is prepared to ride for a ridiculously low wage. 

Gates are only going to get worse unless Buster spends money. He doesn't want to spend therefore the gate will not improve and tbh some punters will never return whilst he's in charge.

Even as a not particularly happy Panthers fan, we get the message and it is getting a little tiresome. Yes it's a forum and you're entitled to your opinion but could you change the record. If not while Chapman is there then just sit tight and see what happens because I doubt that you'll change anything.

• Like 1

So does he like Buster or not?  

It's easy fella, whilst Buster is there don't go, when he sells, if he sells, then start going again. Peterborough clearly doesn't make enough money for Buster to keep shelling out top dollar. 

Not going is not the answer , Buster will have no compunctions in closing down Peterborough if the money does not work out . If he does with no buyer we will not see the Panthers on track again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

It's not easy at all.

I want to go. I have supported Peterborough Speedway for many years but I cant go because I don't want to money in Buster's pocket whilst watching us get smashed every time. 

Interesting that you have been a fan for years but registered this user name on the 18th December 2018.

57 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

So every Speedway fan has join the Speedway Forum ASAP in your opinion.

Anyway just so you know I only joined because of Buster purchasing Peterborough Speedway. Needed to give my view on the situation. Been ranting about it ever since. 

Really ?  I hadn’t noticed. :D

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Have you got a list of the available riders that Colin Pratt can bring in ...if so let him know       sue he would be more than interested

You are missing the point. Its not a case of bringing anyone in, it was the destruction of the original team that pizzed people off. I knew this would happen, and that's why i'm an ex speedway supporter. I'd rather put money in a charity box than give it to Chapman...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Just read Carl's comments on the supporters group. My hatred for Buster Chapman has now gone through the roof. I honestly hope someone thumps him.

Carl Johnson 'David Bellego was spoken too and was too expensive for us'

That's right boys and girls it's the same David Bellego who Buster Chapman signed for Ipswich this season. Now all of a sudden when it come to Peterborough Speedway he's too expensive. 

I give up. No more trips to the Showground for me. The armchair will do. Not putting another penny in Busters pocket. Utterly disgraceful.

gone past the stage of listening to Johnson i'm not doubting anything he does for club, by all accounts  he puts loads of hours in for nothing the same as the guys from ppsc ,but slagging the so called internet warriors off and claiming they  don't know what there on about was foolish because at the end of the day he looks the biggest fool , his team is 5h1te  and the booking of guests is a bigger pi55take .if panthers cant afford to get the likes of bellego in  the team they should be nowhere near the top league .never thought id see the day  I never went to a local derby against lynn but Jesus Christ  no way would I give  chapman  another penny the way he;s taking p155

• Like 5

7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Not going is not the answer , Buster will have no compunctions in closing down Peterborough if the money does not work out . If he does with no buyer we will not see the Panthers on track again.

I understand your reasons for not attending. But staying away becomes a habit. Our Sport cannot afford to have stay aways.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, Steve0 said:

And in the meantime short change the paying public :rolleyes:

Or to put it another way “on the cheap” yet again!  

• Like 1

Anyone attending anymore home fixtures for the rest of the season is not a Panthers fan. They don't care about the future of the club.

We need to organise and boycott.

I

Edited by JeremyCorbynFan

7 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Anyone attending anymore home fixtures for the rest of the season is not a Panthers fan. They don't care about the future of the club.

We need to organise and boycott.

I

Boycotting something from the meeting experience is the best way of doing it IE not buying programme/merch/refreshments. Doing it by not going at all is making things even worse. Speedway needs as many fans as possible. By that i mean actually attending. In football, Yes. Not this Sport.

Buster is loosing money.Home crowds are crap according to this site.. Take tonight... Josh for Hans is probably the best out there. Lambert's Lynn ave is over 4.5. Some mentioned Covatti, but I hear he is suffering, so taking a guest booking may not be a good idea.

Would of been a lot cheaper to use RR for Hans, and it would of scored more.... I know where some Panthers fans are coming from. But Lambo should of scored 3 or 4, Scotty 6 or 7 and Josh 7.

No one can ride the bikes for them.

Good to see Ty flying. Don't know why he wasn't in HT 15, but might of been something to do with pulling up in his previous ride?

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Buster is loosing money.Home crowds are crap according to this site.. Take tonight... Josh for Hans is probably the best out there. Lambert's Lynn ave is over 4.5. Some mentioned Covatti, but I hear he is suffering, so taking a guest booking may not be a good idea.

Would of been a lot cheaper to use RR for Hans, and it would of scored more.... I know where some Panthers fans are coming from. But Lambo should of scored 3 or 4, Scotty 6 or 7 and Josh 7.

No one can ride the bikes for them.

Good to see Ty flying. Don't know why he wasn't in HT 15, but might of been something to do with pulling up in his previous ride?

If he is losing money, it is his own fault. Nobody forced him to make the original team much weaker. 

• Like 5