British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Just now, wealdstone said:

Quite possibly ,I know they are not happy by some of the things that have been said.. 

Given what allegedly went on in 2010, Holdergate and the publicity and grief that brought then where's the surprise tbh?

• Like 1

Rathbone and Watson have had ample time and opportunity to get their side of the story out there.  Either directly or indirectly.  If they have done this then I must have missed it.

I guess at some point the truth of it all will come out.

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Given what allegedly went on in 2010, Holdergate and the publicity and grief that brought then where's the surprise tbh?

2010 ?  Didnt realise it was so long ago.

Edited by semion

2 minutes ago, semion said:

Rathbone and Watson have had ample time and opportunity to get their side of the story out there.  Either directly or indirectly.  If they have done this then I must have missed it.

I guess at some point the truth of it all will come out.

So in other words you can't find anything. Finding out the truth as relating to speedway business, that'd be a first!

Crump,  find anything ?  I sure ain’t bothering to trawl through and look for that.  It honestly ain’t of that much interest to me.   At the end of the day it is what it.  Buster is in charge.  Rathbone and Watson ain’t. 

4 minutes ago, semion said:

2010 ?  Didnt realise it was so long ago.

That was when the alarm went off but someone hit the snooze button before it went off again in Aug 2017 and someone did the same again but it was 3rd time unlucky in Nov 2018 when the button failed to work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, semion said:

Crump,  find anything ?  I sure ain’t bothering to trawl through and look for that.  It honestly ain’t of that much interest to me.   At the end of the day it is what it.  Buster is in charge.  Rathbone and Watson ain’t. 

Surely you realise that if you post as such then you'll get a response asking to justify or back up what you say. If you don't wish to play but only deal with the bleedin' obvious in a disinterested manner then at least we can know where we stand :)

Edited by Crump99

Crump what’s to find ? You are so obviously the expert on all things Peterborough, sorry if you feel people on the outside looking in are not worthy of an opinion. 

If Ged and Neil have issues with the Buster takeover and matters that have happened since let them get it out there.

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Not publicly !!!!

Have you ever wondered why neither of them are saying anything themselves but are more than happy to tell you and let you do it.

Never know maybe the T. Balfe Construction owner might be interested in putting money in along with Ged 

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Have you ever wondered why neither of them are saying anything themselves but are more than happy to tell you and let you do it.

As I have said many times before I appreciate there are two sides to any story ( possibly a dozen in the case of Speedway)  whilst deceit and subterfuge are the norm in Speedway I do not believe that either would  tell a bare faced lie to me. As I am not a member of the secret 7 I am not aware of the other sides. I will however say that I am rather disappointed that Neil has chosen  not  to expand .  When we lose Ged,Neil, T Balfe Construction and Kevin Austin  at a late stage of the game it is difficult not to have same concerns. We have also heard negative comment from Stilton Panther the personification of "Blue Skies Philosophy"

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

As I have said many times before I appreciate there are two sides to any story ( possibly a dozen in the case of Speedway)  whilst deceit and subterfuge are the norm in Speedway I do not believe that either would  tell a bare faced lie to me. As I am not a member of the secret 7 I am not aware of the other sides. I will however say that I am rather disappointed that Neil has chosen  not  to expand .  When we lose Ged,Neil, T Balfe Construction and Kevin Austin  at a late stage of the game it is difficult not to have same concerns. We have also heard negative comment from Stilton Panther the personification of "Blue Skies Philosophy"

The moment Buster took over the club the skies did not just turn grey but went black.4 months on I can only see a storm brewing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Never know maybe the T. Balfe Construction owner might be interested in putting money in along with Ged 

If they were not interested last year when the club was in a good position with Rathbone in post then why would they be interested now. A link with Balfe Motorsport, a move up a league and BT publicity for T. Balfe Construction Limited seemed tailor made but much like Frost and Mahoney's riches, that bird has probably flown.

• Like 1

I may be having a senior moment but didn't Ged already announce that he was looking to sell before Buster Chapman came on the scene,  I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the regular travelling from his home (near Redcar?) was having big problems with his family life!!?

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I may be having a senior moment but didn't Ged already announce that he was looking to sell before Buster Chapman came on the scene,  I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the regular travelling from his home (near Redcar?) was having big problems with his family life!!?

He was looking to sell and those reasons were given but only Rathbone knows when Chapman came on the scene or whether there were any other serious bidders. Rathbone also said that Panthers would run in 2019 so the distance wasn't an major short term issue.