British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

It's a pity that Buster and his pals didn't give a thought to making the TV racing as exciting as possible to tempt in new fans. As it happens it has been invariably dire ( NSS excepted ) and a terrible advert for speedway racing. Seemingly typical - not joined-up thinking by the BSPA.

The track prep is the one area where any discontent is fully justified. I couldnt agree more that whilst smooth and fast it is now significantly poorer racing as a result

The pre season switches are perhaps 50/50. Too much smoke and mirrors to even guess the real truth. Multiple parties share equal blame if any has to be apportioned

Injuries have had by far the biggest negative impact and those certainly are outside Busters control. Even replacements (or lack of) are extremely unlikely to be deliberate Buster tactics. Its more around who is available at the right time with the right numbers attached

10 hours ago, Hodgy said:

It doesn’t matter what year. The business model and lack of serious communication is dreadful. The customer is not always right, but they are always the customer. Not all are thick - just not in the know, as you. 

I’m not ‘in the know’ haven’t been for years.

9 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

What entertainment Mick. Please elaborate. 

He's made the Showground track worse.

He ripped up a title challenging 1-7 and replaced it with a team 3 points under the points limit before a wheel was turned and he did after fans paid good money for season tickets.

He makes no effort to win a Speedway meeting. He deliberately books crap on the cheap to guest for us 90% of the time. 

If Ipswich or King's Lynn have a injured or rider in poor form then Buster splashes the cash to replace them yet does f all when those scenario's play out at Peterborough Speedway. We've still got Josh Bates in the side which proves my point. Even Leicester have replaced him.

Buster deserves to be criticised left, right and centre. Only person taking the piss is Buster for the reasons explained above.

People constantly giving negative opinions because let's be honest their is nothing positive to say about the bloke. 

Every team has to deal with injures throughout the season. Difference between those clubs is the fact they sign replacements instead of standing around doing nothing. 

There has been some great Speedway this season at The Showground and some crap Speedway. Pretty much like every season I’ve ever attended.

i think Buster has tried to bring some financial sanity to the sport and this will be painful in the short term, it would be for the benefit of the sport if every club did this.

i disagree that he intentionally ripped the initial 1-7 apart, I think his and the sports hands were tied. That’s my opinion.

Edited by Mick Bratley
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think the original team had to be changed because Tungate didn't want to ride for Ipswich. 

I think it was the other way round as Ipswich  sponsors had issues with Tungate.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

i think Buster has tried to bring some financial sanity to the sport and this will be painful in the short term, it would be for the benefit of the sport if every club did this.

Lot of faith being put in one man’s hands Mick.   Glad you have the confidence that he can keep British Speedway alive, going forward.

Sometimes things just reach their sell by date.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think the original team had to be changed because Tungate didn't want to ride for Ipswich. 

He wasnt/isnt welcome at Foxhall and with good reason (but one that doesnt need to be aired on here) Time to move on even though its unlikely to be forgotten or forgiven

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, semion said:

Lot of faith being put in one man’s hands Mick.   Glad you have the confidence that he can keep British Speedway alive, going forward.

Sometimes things just reach their sell by date.

At least he is having a go and surely that should be applauded rather than constantly pilloried.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

At least he is having a go and surely that should be applauded rather than constantly pilloried.

No problem with him ‘having a go’.  Just would be nice for supporters to hear what the actual plan is (assuming there is one). Surely that has to be more proactive than his normal ‘mushroom’ attitude toward the supporters of the Sport/entertainment.

He does make it hard for himself at times. Then again openness has never been his forte.

• Like 2

Think Buster should of allowed Ged & Neil along with the T Balfe sponsorship  to run Peterborough in the same manner as Ipswich are being run with Chris Louis and his sponsorship,       

The rewards would of surely been far better than the existing situation the club is in, its been well documented that Buster has his way or the highway but in this case IMO hes chosen the wrong direction to go in, the rewards could of been so much easier to obtain and financially better for his pocket  while someone else did the work for him,

He has to be applauded for his investment into UK speedway but the money he could lose for basically a possible one year project must have a knock on effect for others.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I think it was the other way round as Ipswich  sponsors had issues with Tungate.

Yes but either way he couldn't ride for Ipswich so had to ride for Peterborough 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He wasnt/isnt welcome at Foxhall and with good reason (but one that doesnt need to be aired on here) Time to move on even though its unlikely to be forgotten or forgiven

No, that is why he couldn't ride for Ipswich so had to go to Peterborough 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No, that is why he couldn't ride for Ipswich so had to go to Peterborough 

Also as Politically Harris had to go to Ipswich

• Like 3