British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Buster brought the club because BT where going to pull the plug on the TV deal

Buster brought the club because the Premiership wouldn't exist otherwise as Somerset & Leicester dropped out and no other club wanted anything to do with the league.

So it's a case of buy Peterborough or lose the BT deal and the SGB Premiership. Buster decided to buy Peterborough just to keep the league running but doesn't have any ambition to actually make the club a success. He's now trying to get the club shut down by driving people away. Making no effort to win a Speedway meeting. Making no effort to replace the injured Josh Bates. Not caring if the team loses 75-15 every week. 

Buster knows full well change is needed to bring the fans back yet he's not doing anything about it because he simply doesn't want to because he doesn't care about Peterborough Speedway and deep down he probably didn't want to buy the club in the first place he was just left with an ultimatum that left him no choice other than to purchase the club to keep the SGB Premiership running. 

I might be wrong here, but don't the BT deal run next season as well. If so why would he want to shut you down?.

Like I say I might be wrong.. If you think Buster bought Peterborough just to shut them down, that's your opinion.

Sleep on it.

Buster has big plans for next season.watch this space

• Like 1

I maybe wrong but I get the impression Buster only purchased Peterborough to keep the Premiership going this season. I don't think he's interested in investing in the club and is not that bothered whether they survive or go bust.

As far as he's concerned his action of buying the Panthers has kept the Premiership afloat this season so job done. I reckon he's banking on somebody else stepping up from the Championship next year. 

I fear for the future of the club and the sport in this country can't afford the loss of yet another track.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gresham78 said:

I maybe wrong but I get the impression Buster only purchased Peterborough to keep the Premiership going this season. I don't think he's interested in investing in the club and is not that bothered whether they survive or go bust.

As far as he's concerned his action of buying the Panthers has kept the Premiership afloat this season so job done. I reckon he's banking on somebody else stepping up from the Championship next year. 

I fear for the future of the club and the sport in this country can't afford the loss of yet another track.

Well keep supporting the club then, it's the only way it will survive!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

We're going under anyway. So hopefully enough fans unite to put Buster in a financial crisis.

9 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Get real!! I doubt any money going in Busters pocket. If you do not turn up you hasten the end. Surely nobody wants that.

I wouldnt be surprised if there is someone already other than Buster in as owner with Buster remaining only as backstop/guarantor

If so yes action such as BP states would hurt Buster but would also mean Wealdstone is right in that it hastens closure as ultimately it drives away another option for you to have Busters ties severed 

I am no fan of Buster,I do not believe he bought Panthers as a philanthropic gesture , and I do not believe  he has any particular interest in Panthers per se.  I am also sure  however he is not making any money out of Panthers , probably losing a fair bit  if truth be known. However boycotting Panthers to get one over Buster is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Like 2

I remember the first time I saw Buster Chapman on TV as acting manager against Swindon I thought to myself he came across as an idiot. He also took over as the chairman of the BSPA and did an awful job, then there was the ridiculous reaction to the Jack Holder incident. After what I have witnessed this season my impression of the guy has confirmed to me that this guy is a complete idiot and Is going to ruin British Speedway even more than it is with his actions. I want this parasite on our club gone and I hope someone can save our club as it's the worst situation I have known in my time supporting Panthers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lukas said:

I remember the first time I saw Buster Chapman on TV as acting manager against Swindon I thought to myself he came across as an idiot. He also took over as the chairman of the BSPA and did an awful job, then there was the ridiculous reaction to the Jack Holder incident. After what I have witnessed this season my impression of the guy has confirmed to me that this guy is a complete idiot and Is going to ruin British Speedway even more than it is with his actions. I want this parasite on our club gone and I hope someone can save our club as it's the worst situation I have known in my time supporting Panthers.

I think probably the David Hawkins era was worse -

17 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I'd be shocked if Panthers come to the tapes next season 

2 minutes ago, Lukas said:

A boycott is not the answer , it hurts Panthers as a team ,not Buster.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

I think probably the David Hawkins era was worse -

Probably no better or no worse but came at at time of relative strength within the sport (compared to now) and when Panthers had the run of the EoES on their terms which made the club an attractive proposition for any new owner/s.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sportsman said:

Buster bought PANTHERS with his own money ! 

No he didn't. It came out of the BSPA purse

4 hours ago, Trees said:

Well keep supporting the club then, it's the only way it will survive!

Well I would do if I wasnt already a Swindon supporter and didn't live 140 miles from the track.

I've been to the Showground this year to watch Swindon and liked it a lot so I'd urge all Panthers fans to get along and support their team even if the owner's motivation for buying the club was a bit questionable. 

Like I said I thought when Buster bought the club at the time it was an act of desperation just to keep the Premiership alive.

Peterborough need somebody with the right intentions to buy the club, trouble is as we know Speedway clubs aren't a particularly attractive investment at the moment and buyers aren't exactly queuing up ..