British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Talk to the Supporters Club Committee about Buster .....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Time to put your Inspector Clouseau hat on Philip :)

Inspector Clouseau would only investigate the BSPA puss or peess!:rofl:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Same. We're done for. No coming back this time all because of one man who has driven people away from the Showground.

The Panthers certainly look like a team going through the motions. The huge gap in home fixtures has been a disaster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Probably no better or no worse but came at at time of relative strength within the sport (compared to now) and when Panthers had the run of the EoES on their terms which made the club an attractive proposition for any new owner/s.

Yes I’d agree with what you say the strength of the sport and fan base was much higher than now sadly . 

10 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

No point. All to late now. We're done for and Buster will just buy another club in the winter and promote them to the Premiership to fill the void left by us. 

Believe the supporters club  do not feel the same way as most about Buster.

• Like 1

Trouble is this is long term commitment , an entirely different thing from a quick whip round

Consortium,, wow, what a great idea. 

Get someone like Neil on board,, someone that actually knows how to run it and costs involved. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Probably no better or no worse but came at at time of relative strength within the sport (compared to now) and when Panthers had the run of the EoES on their terms which made the club an attractive proposition for any new owner/s.

And in the days when you could sell a Mikeal Blixt to Berwick to balance the books

17 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Serious message to all fans of Peterborough Speedway, business men & women in the Peterborough area who have money to invest.

Would anyone be interested in starting up a fans consortium to try and save our club. This is a legit post. No lies being told here. 

I'll put some money in but I cant buy the club myself because I don't have that kind of money but if their are enough fans willing to start a consortium and they have some money to put in then we can arrange a meeting place at the Showground to try and work something out together as a collective group.

If you have an interest in this then please let me know. No time wasters though as I'm being serious because the clubs future is at stake here. 

One problem might be unfortunetly that many people gave there spare money to Ged a few years ago and some would say he never offered any back when he sold the club or allegedly took the Poles cash.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If this is a serious idea I’d probably suggest keeping your powder dry from now on about the guy you want to buy it from. 

• Like 1

Many would be willing and able to contribute a one off amount. Longer term  is the problem. You will need to have a plan

9 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

One problem might be unfortunetly that many people gave there spare money to Ged a few years ago and some would say he never offered any back when he sold the club or allegedly took the Poles cash.

Not forgetting a large contributor then is now persona non grata

Edited by wealdstone

Amongst the fans there are probably many good business men/women with good ideas on how to keep the club running at a sustainable rate. 

You would need to set up a proper fans committee. 

Edited by Baldyman