Peterborough Panthers 2019

Hans will be in demand next season, average thru the floor and riding injured

3 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Hans will be in demand next season, average thru the floor and riding injured

Nailed on for Poole then!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Nailed on for Poole then!

Along with Harris, who's average must be dropping like a stone. 

20 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Consortium,, wow, what a great idea. 

Get someone like Neil on board,, someone that actually knows how to run it and costs involved. 

I'm flattered, but I've been Promoter at Peterborough three times now and have no real ambition to make it four!

• Haha 1

We are in serious trouble..the team is crap and understrength and no one cares, no press releases, Fans will have lost interest understandably so due to lack of interest from the owners. Rock bottom and the crowds will be non existent at the remaining home fixture's. I'm certainly not paying to watch anymore of this crap.

Fans not turning up because their team isn't winning. I understand it. However when your club dies then each one of you are partly to blame. It's your choice but every year some team has to finish last. Your signings to try and strengthen have been decent shouts much of the time. It's just not happened for you though. Go whilst you still can I'd say. I think your days may be numbered

• Like 1

I'm guessing it doesn't help that a brilliant race track has been turned to junk, are you saying they should keep turning up and watch junk, just in case. 

My team are having a good season, been at the top or near top all season, but the racing has been junk, so I stopped going. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

My team are having a good season, been at the top or near top all season, but the racing has been junk, so I stopped going.

And thereby hangs a tale. A tale of extinction. A similar tale from all over the country. A similar tale from me, even though my team has not been at the top at all. Junk racing kills the interest of many fans.

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm guessing it doesn't help that a brilliant race track has been turned to junk, are you saying they should keep turning up and watch junk, just in case. 

I have  only been to the showground once this season and that meeting will go down as one of the best I have been to ever. It seems that has never been repeated which is a great shame. Peterborough racetrack was arguably the best track in the country prior to the NSS being built.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I have  only been to the showground once this season and that meeting will go down as one of the best I have been to ever. It seems that has never been repeated which is a great shame. Peterborough racetrack was arguably the best track in the country prior to the NSS being built.

I went to Championship 4's massive crowd, well organised and track was superb by end of meeting and through most of the 30 + races!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

And thereby hangs a tale. A tale of extinction. A similar tale from all over the country. A similar tale from me, even though my team has not been at the top at all. Junk racing kills the interest of many fans.

It's the biggest issue to me, I shall be watching them on  some away tracks when I can, like on Bank Holiday at Swindon. 

I have many other interests to spend my money on, so I'm not one of those that needs to watch poor speedway

• Like 1

I know folk say use it or lose it but speedways  no different to anything else, if it's rubbish your not going to keep paying. Maybe slightly different but used to have loads of pubs round by me but they were all rubbish with rubbish beer and atmosphere and some still in the 50s never mind 70s. Should I have kept using them to keep them open. No chance. On the other hand my local of 20 years is a 50 minute walk and although dated in appearance (speedway?) with no tv's , food or entertainment serves cracking beer so worth supporting. Point of my drivel? Speedway may be dated and can't do a lot to modernise itself but if the basics are rubbish ie the racing then it's doomed

• Thanks 1

My view is that the club is more important than the owner . If supporters stop going to punish the current owner then they are effectively closing the club down.  If that is what you want  that is your affair , but it will be you that closes the club not the owner.  Nobody is going to continue  to lose money  indefinitely. What supporters should be doing IMO is to create a club that another party would like to take over.

The above is not in any way an endorsement of Mr Chapman

• Like 4

Spoke 2 Buster 2 day and he laughs at this forum.He not going to sell and will win the league next year .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Debbs said:

Spoke 2 Buster 2 day and he laughs at this forum.He not going to sell and will win the league next year .

3 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

So he is going to buy the Pirates then :o

Dropping back to the Championship then.