British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

20 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I have around £28k in savings. How much would Buster be willing to sell for?

Take Debbs on holiday with some of it. You'll  get a 2 for 1 deal :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Debbs said:

Spoke 2 Buster 2 day and he laughs at this forum.He not going to sell and will win the league next year .

Buster  said from word go he wants rid asap

20 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I have around £28k in savings. How much would Buster be willing to sell for?

Better off buying this.

Shit Creek.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Looks like they offer Paddle Replacement & Guest Paddles. Could be on a winner with this :t:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I'm guessing it doesn't help that a brilliant race track has been turned to junk, are you saying they should keep turning up and watch junk, just in case. 

My team are having a good season, been at the top or near top all season, but the racing has been junk, so I stopped going. 

Likewise me at another venue, although most scribes on here will tell you the quality of racing at tracks in the UK has never been better.

• Haha 1

The idea that Buster would be happy to lose 15-75 every week is ridiculous. Yes he probably builds teams on the cheap but it’s with the intention of winning at home and thus  keeping the crowd levels up to make money and not lose it. Home defeats mean less turnover. Putting the Cook debacle to one side I actually think the team he built minus the injury problems would win at home nine times out of ten and wrecking the track like he has was probably intended to help the team win like Lynn and Ipswich do on poor racetracks. But if the team is losing and the racing is gash nobody will be happy. 

I had a chat with Buster earlier,, and he said that Debbs is a lying xxxx.  What he did say though is, if he could get all of Mr Greens alias to turn up to meetings, he would have to double the size of the stand. 

• Haha 3

Jason Garrity to replace Josh Bates (subject to ratification).

• Like 2

Interestingly we get the news on here and not from official sources. In fairness there is little room for manoeuvre  in terms  of availability

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Interestingly we get the news on here and not from official sources. In fairness there is little room for manoeuvre  in terms  of availability

It’s on the Peterborough Today website - prematurely I would guess as it’s a Thursday paper. 

Now on official site

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Jason Garrity to replace Josh Bates (subject to ratification).

Generally lasts about the same number of meetings before needing a spell on the sidelines

Wonder if he will make it to the transfer cut off date.......:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Peterborough Panthers owner Keith Chapman insists he has no regrets about stepping in to save the club.

The British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) supremo bought the club in the winter and immediately signalled a return to the SGB Premiership after five seasons in the sport’s second tier.

But Chapman, who also invested heavily in improvement works on the East of England Arena track, admits Panthers have lost money during a tough campaign in which attendance figures have not been as high as hoped and results on the track have been poor.

The city racers have won only six of their 18 league meetings to date and sit five points adrift at the bottom of the standings.

“There’s no regrets at all,” Chapman told the Peterborough Telegraph. “Yes, we are losing money, but that’s always the risk in year one of taking over a new business.

“I’m a proud man and I have worked hard here, putting in a lot of work on the track which has generally been well received.

“The fixture list has been difficult because of long gaps between home meetings like the one we’re currently in.

“We have made mistakes along the way but they are honest mistakes and we will try to learn from them.

“It’s been a very challenging season for various reasons, but I am pleased to have ensured the survival of this great club and also to bring top-flight racing back to such a great venue.”

But Chapman admits the club’s future in the SGB Premiership is not certain.

Along with promoters Colin Pratt and Carl Johnson, he admits there is a need to assess if racing on the fixed Monday and Thursday nights is suitable and sustainable for Panthers.

Panthers have raced on Fridays for much of their history stretching back to 1970, while Sunday slots proved popular in recent seasons.

Chapman added: “There are good things happening behind the scenes for British Speedway right now.

“I know the cynics will say they’ve heard it all before but I’m encouraged for the future.

“As for Peterborough staying in the Premiership, we obviously need to look at the structure of the sport and whether fixed race-nights work at the venue.

“Only time will tell, but we’ll know by November for sure.”

Chapman also owns fellow East Anglian sides King’s Lynn and Ipswich. He bought the latter club last winter along with Panthers and also brought them up to the top tier from the SGB Championship.

6 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:
Chapman added: “There are good things happening behind the scenes for British Speedway right now.

“I know the cynics will say they’ve heard it all before but I’m encouraged for the future.

Difficult to make a sensible comment on such claptrap which merely indicates how delusional the man is.

6 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

“I’m a proud man and I have worked hard here, putting in a lot of work on the track which has generally been well received.

Presumably, Buster is too busy to watch the racing after putting in so many hours to prepare the track, that he is unaware of the poor quality racing that takes place on it. Must need a long lie down in a quiet, dark place to recover from all those hours playing Tonka King. Same at King's Lynn.

• Like 1