British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I'm guessing it doesn't help that a brilliant race track has been turned to junk, are you saying they should keep turning up and watch junk, just in case. 

My team are having a good season, been at the top or near top all season, but the racing has been junk, so I stopped going. 

DC watches his Speedway at King's Lynn so that's exactly what he's saying. 

Racings crap, atmospheres crap but it's still value for money :blink:

Apparently, Speedway fans should keep paying their hard earned £18 even though they're not enjoying the product 

:lol:

If tracks close down, the finger is firmly on the owner, not being able to bring in enough punters to make it sustainable. That's where the buck stops. No blame and finger pointing should be had towards the fans at all.

Fans are NOT responsible for the death of a once (and still can be) a great sport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wealdstone said:

My view is that the club is more important than the owner . If supporters stop going to punish the current owner then they are effectively closing the club down.  If that is what you want  that is your affair , but it will be you that closes the club not the owner.  Nobody is going to continue  to lose money  indefinitely. What supporters should be doing IMO is to create a club that another party would like to take over.

The above is not in any way an endorsement of Mr Chapman

Absolutely rubbish 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely rubbish 

A masterful and well argued post, succinctly making your point in the most erudite manner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, wealdstone said:

My view is that the club is more important than the owner . If supporters stop going to punish the current owner then they are effectively closing the club down.  If that is what you want  that is your affair , but it will be you that closes the club not the owner.  Nobody is going to continue  to lose money  indefinitely. What supporters should be doing IMO is to create a club that another party would like to take over.

The above is not in any way an endorsement of Mr Chapman

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely rubbish 

Only one of these posts is rubbish, and it’s not the first one...... I think ‘Wealdstone’ got it spot on. 

• Like 2

Is it not the same in all sports , put out a poor team that struggles and you will be down to the bare bones, in terms of support.  Make the play-offs and all the once/twice a year fans are queuing round the block to get in.

If I paid £18 to watch a film and it was naff, would you expect me to go back the following week and pay 18 notes to watch the same film ? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, semion said:

Is it not the same in all sports , put out a poor team that struggles and you will be down to the bare bones, in terms of support.  Make the play-offs and all the once/twice a year fans are queuing round the block to get in.

If I paid £18 to watch a film and it was naff, would you expect me to go back the following week and pay 18 notes to watch the same film ? 

And not only that,, you are expected to go back every week after, otherwise its your fault the cinema closed down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

If the film was good I doubt u would watch it the next week.Stupid statement . I have enjoyed the racing and the team this year.

Before the season started I'm positive wealdstone said he wouldn't be giving a single penny of his whilst buster was in charge,,, how did that work out? 

12 minutes ago, Debbs said:

If the film was good I doubt u would watch it the next week.Stupid statement . I have enjoyed the racing and the team this year.

You ain’t such a dumb &££&@:; as you would have people believe.;)

40 minutes ago, semion said:

You ain’t such a dumb &££&@:; as you would have people believe.;)

Thank u .U can buy me a drink next time u r at the showground 

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Only one of these posts is rubbish, and it’s not the first one...... I think ‘Wealdstone’ got it spot on. 

Explain. If the showground closes, where would you lay the blame? 

It 100% isn't the fans fault for not wanting to waste money being not entertained is it

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

A masterful and well argued post, succinctly making your point in the most erudite manner

See my earlier post to my reply to you

15 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Jason Garrity to replace Josh Bates (subject to ratification).

Good Luck to Jason Garrity. Bring some much needed cheer to the loyal Peterborough fans.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, craigACE said:

Good Luck to Jason Garrity. Bring some much needed cheer to the loyal Peterborough fans.

I thought  there had been more than enough injuries and accidents already this season!!!!

• Haha 1

Owners come and owners go, in my view it is important to leave something behind that a potential  new owner will want.