British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Real Panthers fans will take this season on the chin ,things out of the clubs control  put the club on the back foot from day one which has made this season hard work for all  .Very much look forward to next season  when  least we will achieve is a play off place .I must say that if anyone REALLY thinks that this club was bought by Mr Chapman with  HIS  own money no small number  and then invested in  hundreds of tons of clay and shale plus new grading equipment  planned this outcome !think again . Some of the theories going round about the club  have been so far off the mark  makes you wonder.Also again this year hundreds of hours have been put in by the volunteers, do people REALLY  think these boys and girls would be doing this if they thought that the management team did not  have the clubs best interests at heart ?.So I will be going  to the  last few meeting of the season enjoying  the racing and show the support to those who have not given up on the club .

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Explain. If the showground closes, where would you lay the blame? 

It 100% isn't the fans fault for not wanting to waste money being not entertained is it

The Showground isn’t going to close. 

Mr Chapman’s statement today has given a good deal more detail of where the Club stands, and clearly track availability is an important part of the Panthers’ future.

21 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Mr Chapman’s statement today has given a good deal more detail of where the Club stands, and clearly track availability is an important part of the Panthers’ future.

Where can I see mr chapmans statement.?

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

Where can I see mr chapmans statement.?

page 230

It is not the fans fault if they do not like the product and do no go, it is the fans fault if they do not go purely to indulge in retribution against Buster, whose tenure I agree has been a disaster.

I and others hope there is something left when  Buster goes. He has always said his tenure is only temporary

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Before the season started I'm positive wealdstone said he wouldn't be giving a single penny of his whilst buster was in charge,,, how did that work out? 

I do not remember putting it in quite those terms but may have said something similar. On reflection I could see that sort of attitude  if adopted by all would see the Panthers fold permanently, and I certainly do not and did not want that

• Like 1

Going 2 do a topless fun run to raise money to buy the club.Pm  me 4 details 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:41 PM, BlackPanther said:

Buster is to blame. The fans who keep going putting money in his pocket are partly to blame as well. Just letting him get away with his actions. 

Track has been made considerably worse, the 1-7 is just not competitive and the owner couldn't give a monkey's if the team lost 75-15 therefore no point in going.

Fine mate have no club?

On 8/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, Billymeatus said:

Real Panthers fans will take this season on the chin ,things out of the clubs control  put the club on the back foot from day one which has made this season hard work for all  .Very much look forward to next season  when  least we will achieve is a play off place .I must say that if anyone REALLY thinks that this club was bought by Mr Chapman with  HIS  own money no small number  and then invested in  hundreds of tons of clay and shale plus new grading equipment  planned this outcome !think again . Some of the theories going round about the club  have been so far off the mark  makes you wonder.Also again this year hundreds of hours have been put in by the volunteers, do people REALLY  think these boys and girls would be doing this if they thought that the management team did not  have the clubs best interests at heart ?.So I will be going  to the  last few meeting of the season enjoying  the racing and show the support to those who have not given up on the club .

Well said ! I just wonder how many of these critics have been to watch the PANTHERS this season,how many have a season ticket? They just keep on the same theme of their criticism over and over! ..Harris, Cooke , blah,blah .time to move on and accept that injuries ruined a promising season ....winning isn't everything , who won the treble last season and are now extinct ? I'm sure their supporters would rather be bottom ,than closed down .

If Neil Watson said Peterborough are not going to close, that's good enough for me. It's not been a good season for them. Look where last seasons table toppers and  play off finalists are this season. Second bottom. Probably due to Buster putting money into other clubs.

After last season Buster said he would go all out to go one better in 2019. Then invested in 2 clubs. And some Panthers fans think they are hard done by :blink:

Yet some say, get the bloke back that cashed in on Holder a few times last season £££, and left the fans short changed, not forgetting leaving  the rest of the team to struggle !

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Wasn't that 2017 ? Didn't the Panthers go on to win the Fours and the KOC without him. That's some struggling :D

Might of been. Same applies. Don't matter what they won. It was wrong.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:02 PM, NeilWatson said:

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Neil Watson said Peterborough are not going to close, that's good enough for me. It's not been a good season for them. Look where last seasons table toppers and  play off finalists are this season. Second bottom. Probably due to Buster putting money into other clubs.

After last season Buster said he would go all out to go one better in 2019. Then invested in 2 clubs. And some Panthers fans think they are hard done by :blink:

Yet some say, get the bloke back that cashed in on Holder a few times last season £££, and left the fans short changed, not forgetting leaving  the rest of the team to struggle !

I said that the Showground would not close. I don’t expect that the speedway Club will fold at the end of this season, but its future direction will be dictated by track availability - as Mr Chapman clearly indicated in last week’s press article.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

A distortion of the facts re Holder and the Showground.   The Holder situation was roundly condemned by the fans but did not materially effect the Panthers Season as they won the fours and Cup.  SCB subsequently  made it clear that BSPA exceeded their authority and suggested that the major part of the blame should be directed elsewhere.

Regarding the Panthers/Showground what Neil said was that the Showground will not close , not that Panthers are secure although we all hope they are.

• Like 1