British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

58 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

I hope Mr Ostergaard will get a team place for the rest of the season after 3 wins on the trot at Foxhall :D

What will he get for his subsequent zeroes :P

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What will he get for his subsequent zeroes :P

He now the proud owner of a van but only for spares, hes picking it up tomorrow from a Mr Garrity

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday was such a shame for Peterborough (Johnson and the other Boro riders) but I think the fans should be proud of the display they gave.  There was some good racing and they all looked as though they were giving it every effort.  Even Agertoft & Morley who must have known they'd be unlikely to score, turned up at short notice and gave it a shot.  Well done Panthers!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yesterday was such a shame for Peterborough (Johnson and the other Boro riders) but I think the fans should be proud of the display they gave.  There was some good racing and they all looked as though they were giving it every effort.  Even Agertoft & Morley who must have known they'd be unlikely to score, turned up at short notice and gave it a shot.  Well done Panthers!

yep, agertoft got better every race, and to be fair although didn't look like troubling danny in 3rd in heat 13 he really wasn't that far behind, no more so than a top flight reserve might be expected to be - certainly looks like in a year or two could be good!

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Will Charles Wright ride for Redcar tonight after his so called "rest" last night?? 

Yes.

So as the current British Champion suppose now he gets to chose the meetings he wants to ride in. 

• Like 1

Just got back from a long trip with no WiFi and catching up..as if the season couldn't get any worse!?..that meeting last night should never have gone ahead and Panthers should be fined by the ACU for team they put out..I've never even heard of one of them!..discusting all round from riders to promotion and one more nail in the coffin of a train wreck of a season..must be some kind of record for amount of losses..well done Buster and the team for totally F###### our club over.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

So as the current British Champion suppose now he gets to chose the meetings he wants to ride in. 

If he stays fit he could win something at Redcar (his favourite Track according to your program) 

I will be attending your last 2 meetings, hope you win them 

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

Just got back from a long trip with no WiFi and catching up..as if the season couldn't get any worse!?..that meeting last night should never have gone ahead and Panthers should be fined by the ACU for team they put out..I've never even heard of one of them!..discusting all round from riders to promotion and one more nail in the coffin of a train wreck of a season..must be some kind of record for amount of losses..well done Buster and the team for totally F###### our club over.

Who would you have chosen as guests?  

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Who would you have chosen as guests?  

The meeting shouldn't have taken place..

It did the sport zero favours and renders the whole competition completely irrelevant if it is held in such disregard and contempt by those who organise it.

The riders got the chance of another pay cheque though and I suppose that's the Number One reason the sport exists (in the UK) these days..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lukas said:

Ostergaard, Becker, Morley, Agertoft. You’ve ‘never even heard of one of them’?

• Peterborough stalwart for many years

• 2019 Wolverhampton rider

• 2018 Lakeside rider (did we race then at all last year?)

• Agertoft as a CL reserve I accept may be off your radar.

Given the timing of the rider withdrawals, and the other fixtures last night - what would you suggest?

And no, postponement wasn’t an option.....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

It did the sport zero favours and renders the whole competition completely irrelevant if it is held in such disregard and contempt by those who organise it.

The riders got the chance of another pay cheque though and I suppose that's the Number One reason the sport exists (in the UK) these days..

I don't blame the promotion at all and the fans at the track witnessed a decent meeting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Completely agree...and to have that many bull#### excuses from so many riders shows the lack of respect that this management/promotion commands...and then to tell these lies to the fans is unforgivable.

• Like 1

Looks like the ‘rest’ did Charles Wright the World of good judging by his scoring tonight.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1