British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Premiership again, will probably be he same 7 teams, I asked buster last night about getting more teams in the top tier and he said non of them would want to come up, and there is not enough riders in the uk to have more teams in the prem. why ride in England when you can make more money in Europe. 

Sweden is on the down slide, time to entice the riders back.  Thanks Buster for letting everyone know panthers running next season, can they have a better team though, thanks in advance uncle Buster. 

7 hours ago, Flappy said:

He's just confirmed that Panthers will run for the next few seasons at least 

While he looks for a new home for the Panthers? Perhaps he can join Mick Horton in his search for a new home for the Bees :rofl:

Personally I would sooner see the Panthers in the championship. next season, preferably without Chapman at the helm  Better quality racing, more teams and let's face it, virtually the same riders we currently see in the premiership only cheaper!!

At least everyone knows they have a future. Need to get a more competitive side together for next year.

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Personally I would sooner see the Panthers in the championship. next season, preferably without Chapman at the helm  Better quality racing, more teams and let's face it, virtually the same riders we currently see in the premiership only cheaper!!

How can virtually the same riders produce better racing just because the league has a different name?

I didn't realise Rowe Atkins Stoneman etc must be so much more attractive a proposition that Fricke Doyle and Iversen.....

• Like 7

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How can virtually the same riders produce better racing just because the league has a different name?

I didn't realise Rowe Atkins Stoneman etc must be so much more attractive a proposition that Fricke Doyle and Iversen.....

I would have liked that post if it wasn't a reply to The Mentalist, so away from looney I'll say that I agree although I don't know who the first three named are but I know Fricke Doyle and Iversen so that sort of helps your case :)

Edited by Crump99
  • Thanks 1

So Peterborough get a BT Sports live TV meeting on Monday. Their fixture v Robins now replacing the Stars v Pirates!

Redevelopment at the showground has been on the cards for years. Very similar to the situation at Lakeside. It will be a sad day for the whole sport if it happens.

Really don't understand why Peterborough needs more affordable homes.

Two modest earners on £30k a year can borrow £270k, plus a deposit of £30k, means you can buy a house for £300k.

You can buy a decent house in Peterborough for £300k.

On 24th July 2019 Peterborough City Council adopted a new Local Plan for the period to 2036.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NMAZKc0AcA8ibplwB_2raMVjtVojH6r0/view

Policy LP36 refers specifically to the East of England Showground and can be found on page 92.

It states (inter alia):

The East of England Showground is a unique facility with a wide variety of land uses. Any

proposal must be supported by a comprehensive master plan for the showground site, and

be subject to an assessment of the environmental and traffic impacts on the adjoining

residential areas and surrounding road networks, and on the nearby village of Alwalton.

Suitable measures will need to be taken to alleviate any adverse impacts.

Within the East of England Showground, as defined on the Policies Map, the following uses will

be supported in principle, subject to, if the proposal is of a significant scale, an approved

masterplan for the Showground:

·         Facilities directly related to the function of shows on the Showground itself

·         Conference facilities (D1 and D2)

·         Employment related development;

·         Residential development of around 650 dwellings.

Proposals for development should not have an unacceptable adverse impact on the surrounding

uses (especially on occupiers of nearby residential properties), and all development should

ensure that the character of the area is maintained.

A comprehensive master plan in advance of, or alongside, any significant proposals will be

required and, if approved by the council in advance, this would become a material consideration

in the determination of future planning applications. Such a master plan must demonstrate how

the functioning Showground will be retained.

The loss of any existing leisure and sports facilities will not be supported unless replacement

facilities are provided in accordance with policy LP30.

Not up to speed with such things but this bit sounds interesting?

“Such a master plan must demonstrate how the functioning Showground will be retained. The loss of any existing leisure and sports facilities will not be supported unless replacement

facilities are provided in accordance with policy LP30.”

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So Peterborough get a BT Sports live TV meeting on Monday. Their fixture v Robins now replacing the Stars v Pirates!

Crowd could be as low as 500 now it's on BT.