British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Just now, Star Lady said:

Whatever you think about Buster, and Im far from his biggest fan, he is not the only one in this. Craig Cook, a rider I admire,  obviously wants more than Buster thinks the club can afford. 

Responsibility rests with both sides.

Nope. 

9 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Whatever you think about Buster, and Im far from his biggest fan, he is not the only one in this. Craig Cook,  obviously wants more than Buster thinks the club can afford. 

Responsibility rests with both sides.

Just amended your post slightly to reflect my feeling on this matter.

Obviously ged and cook came to a verbal agreement,  let's not forget cook a staunch belle vue rider, was dropped for his allegedly high demands from them, so does this mean he was another one that ged promised more than his worth:unsure:

For what it's worth I'm gutted for you fans, a decent team now decimated  possibly by greedy riders.

• Like 1

That worry about a 2pm start and a clash with the football seems a bit trivial now....

Shocking that it has taken til the end of March for this to come to a head when it was all set in motion in mid December

Genuinely feel for you on this one. This should not happening like this

One assumes that the sponsorship restrictions apply to all riders and they must have agreed to this?

Just now, Sully said:

One assumes that the sponsorship restrictions apply to all riders and they must have agreed to this?

And ironically by pulling out, they now get no TV coverage at all:blink:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

F**k Buster Chapman he has sacrificed my club to save the Premiership. Craig Cook hasn't signed for one reason and one only and that's because we are running on a very tight budget like Ipswich and neither side will be competitive. 

I would rather see the entire Premiership go under now. I'm done with this s**t I have been going to watch for many years but now I am done with this f*****g circus act. 

The sport is f****d in this country and it's beyond repair. Absolutely disgusted seeing my club being ripped apart to save a sinking ship. Ipswich fans are in the same boat. 

B****x to the lot of it.

Have you read Cookies reply? :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

How can any promoter expect a sponsor to have its logo in black and white? 

Total arrogance or naivety. 

Shooting themselves in the foot!

• Like 2

Why was Cook selling advertising space he knew he couldn't deliver on?

I wonder what his current sponsors think about him walking away from the top league - less exposure for them now, presume they expected to appear on BT sport?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Has this just come from the Peterborough promotion or governing body? Cook mentions other tracks doing the same. Is that all Premiership clubs or just a select few?

Edited by Sully

1 minute ago, Sully said:

Has this just come from the Peterborough promotion or governing body? Cool mentions other tracks doing the same. Is that all Premiership clubs or just a select few?

Or a certain three?

• Like 3

Well i said a while ago i wanted no part of Chapman's circus, and this fiasco has confirmed my initial thoughts. Mildenhall only for me this season, Chapman won't be getting a penny of my money ...

• Like 2