British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

14 minutes ago, Sully said:

Hans seems to like it ;-)

9F96720B-0AB0-45A8-9733-34ED8BA4106E.jpeg

Seems not everyone isn't anti Buster ;). Good to hear that Hans is a happy chappie. He's served the UK well over the years :t:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Does he have the "rights"for his glasgow team suit.

What he wants, he gets at Glasgow,it’s the only club he wanted to ride for:rolleyes::P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Anyone else notice 3 different suppliers of the race suit.

Different shade of red on Hans, different black at top of arms.

Still looks professional and could have enhanced peoples view of speedway and therefore any sponsors logo.

Still believe Buster is trying to create a surplus of riders to drive down costs for promotors.

Still believe Cookie on a mountain of cash from Glasgow and GHT. Way more than in the premiership.

He will be fine.

Money is one thing but he needs regular racing to stay sharp. There just arent enough Championship meetings to do that. CC will have to wait for early changes required elsewhere in the Premiership.

What I find interesting it’s the same promotors trying to implement this rule on sponsor logos that refused to put Sky Sports logo on team suits and bike covers unless extra money was given yet were quite happy to already take the league sponsorship money and tv rights money.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, george.m said:

Does it really matter if it's sponsors colours? You bet it does 100%.

Think of an airlines that's orange - EasyJet

Think of a chocolate that's purple - Cadburys

Why do you think companies copyright?

Of course it matters.

Don't agree,personally i think for instance with Peterborough being predominantly red if i was to sponsor them i would want my name in white.Easily seen on a red background.You only have to look at the sponsorships on football shirts and many of the writing on the shirts aren't actually the colour of the sponsors writing.Again for instance Etihad airways sponsor Man City writing on the shirt is black,Etihad airways is gold,Standard chartered(Liverpool)on shirts white but they are actually blue and green,Fly emirates are on Arsenal shirts in white but they are actually red.So you can see many big companies are happy to get there names out there in which ever way it can be seen the best.So many use white writing because this can be seen best on many backgrounds.

• Like 4

GHT shift a lot of what your talking BBH

www.wemovesh.it 

Edited by mac101
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Still believe Cookie on a mountain of cash from Glasgow and GHT.

Thought I'd check out your claim about GHT.

So I just phoned Grant and he says you're "talking sh1te".

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Etihad airways sponsor Man City writing on the shirt is black,

No it's not......it's blue.

1 hour ago, MD said:

Money is one thing but he needs regular racing to stay sharp. There just arent enough Championship meetings to do that. CC will have to wait for early changes required elsewhere in the Premiership.

Agree. He needs the Prem imho. The other  riders race suits look good. I can't see why that's not good enough for Cookie. He seems like he is sticking up/backing his sponsors in his statement, but then says he will ride if they put his money up. If they had agreed, is it not sod the sponsors then ?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, KevH said:

No it's not......it's blue.

I must admit i wasn't sure if it was blue or black,must put my glasses on next time:lol:.But one thing is for sure it most definitely is not the sponsors usual colour of gold.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

All the sponsors are in white including team sponsors. The only team sponsors are on the torso which is usual place.Looking at the riders they have all their usual sponsors in the usual prominent places like arms and legs etc. They are also wearing their own caps so what Craig is saying is incorrect.

54799688_10157806703903538_8454255827795

Looks like somebody is colour blind or has turned up at completely the wrong p&p day!

• Haha 4

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, TBC said:

I hear another rider is not coming to the show ground next year because of the restrictions in the contract

Not allowing  a rider to have his own personal sponsors on his bike covers is wrong 

I just hope Buster enjoys his big kickback from the BT deal

Cookie and other riders were not happy with the contracts from early December, I saw one and advised the rider not to sign it ( far to restrictive ). As a  sponsor for over 10 years I would not be happy with my branding and company logo being in colours other than the ones I always use and endorse.     

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TBC said:

Cookie and other riders were not happy with the contracts from early December, I saw one and advised the rider not to sign it ( far to restrictive ). As a  sponsor for over 10 years I would not be happy with my branding and company logo being in colours other than the ones I always use and endorse.     

The other riders agreed, they must have.. Why won't Cookie. It can't be  loyalty to his sponsor's because he said he would still ride if Buster would make his money up.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, TBC said:

Cook is chatting nonsense. His example of Coca Cola is a really bad one. Take football for example, there is countless sponsors that have to change their sponsors logo colour to tie in with the shirt design. The Coca Cola logo is white writing, but you wouldn’t insist on a white logo on a white suit for example. As I’ve alluded to previously this is probably a cost saving measure whilst looking very smart too.

More to the point, after seeing the pictures of the other suits and bike covers Cook has made himself look very daft.

Edited by Najjer

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

The other riders agreed, they must have.. Why won't Cookie. It can't be to loyalty to his sponsor,s because he said he would still ride if Buster would make his money up.

Not all the riders offered contracts agreed 

• Like 1