British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

3 minutes ago, TBC said:

Not all the riders offered contracts agreed 

But the 6 that signed must of in the end ? I take it they signed a while ago, apart from Craig?

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Cook is chatting nonsense. His example of Coca Cola is a really bad one. Take football for example, there is countless sponsors that have to change their sponsors logo colour to tie in with the shirt design. The Coca Cola logo is white writing, but you wouldn’t insist on a white logo on a white suit for example. As I’ve alluded to previously this is probably a cost saving measure whilst looking very smart too.

More to the point, after seeing the pictures of the other suits and bike covers Cook has made himself look very daft.

I have used the same company logo and colours for 25 years , and would be very reluctant to change them just because some fat twit had his own agenda

• Like 1

Had it not been that they had to explain his absence from P&P most likely we would not know  even now

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TBC said:

I have used the same company logo and colours for 25 years , and would be very reluctant to change them just because some fat twit had his own agenda

If your logo was red, orange pink for example, would you still want it on the the red suits? Craig is a 7.5 rider. There is only so much he can insist on. NKI has rode for Buster for years,  so Buster can't be that hard to deal with surely ? Fat twit... That so called "fat twit" has spent into 6 figures including 90 tons of shale and equipment, and  was full of praise for what he has done with the track from Hans..  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

Had it not been that they had to explain his absence from P&P most likely we would not know  even now

They must have known  about this problem at the fans forum on Friday but they couldn't even mention there was a problem with Craig  Cook, again I repeat its not the lies we are being told it's the truth  they are holding back on, Colin Pratt and Carl Johnson are not my idea of promoters they are just Chapman's puppets and do what they are told to do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sully said:

Hans seems to like it ;-)

9F96720B-0AB0-45A8-9733-34ED8BA4106E.jpeg

noticed this on twitter. Carl Johnsons comment after was -- Great to see everyone embracing the new suit branding, from supporters to GP riders.

GP riders??? what GP riders? is this a hint to new signing?

58 minutes ago, TBC said:

Then you lose that potential exposure for being an arrogant business owner that can't see the bigger picture. 

If the racesuit was the same colour as your logo and pale into insignificance what would be your choice? Demand a club changes their suit colours :lol:

Craig Cook in this situation is massively in the wrong, totally cutting off his nose to spite his face. He was willing to sacrifice his sponsors for more points money, how would you have felt as a sponsor if Cook turned around to you and said I'm earning more now, you're not required anymore?!?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TBC said:

You were actually doing ok until you resorted to name calling. 

I can see both sides here. Both are in the right and, up to a point, in the wrong.

Having said that, its difficult to see how Cook's decision is in his own best interests. Obtaining a new PL place won't be easy, I think the point about him being willing to dump sponsors for more money is not unreasonable, no-one else has apparently objected, he won't get the sponsors dependent upon BT sport exposure now any way and at a stroke he's halved his speedway income. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

Cook never said he’d dump his sponsor for more money.

if the sponsor couldn’t have the main spots then they weren’t coming on board - their choice not Craig’s.

buster wouldn’t compromise on sponsor positioning so basically told Craig you can’t have the revenue from that sponsor - so he returned and said well if I lose that sponsor revenue are you willing to increase my points money to cover some of that loss of revenue 

I’m not on either side of argument here tbh the whole thing is ridiculous, there’s no reason a comprimise shouldn’t have been able to be reached - I object to the notion cook has lost all integrity because he’d sell out and dump sponsors when at no point did he claim that, it’s the new software sponsor that would drop him if not getting their own way with logo position colour etc.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

They must have known  about this problem at the fans forum on Friday but they couldn't even mention there was a problem with Craig  Cook, again I repeat its not the lies we are being told it's the truth  they are holding back on, Colin Pratt and Carl Johnson are not my idea of promoters they are just Chapman's puppets and do what they are told to do.

Of course they knew BUT they had probably given Cook until yesterday to agree to the contract. In that case they were perfectly correct to say nothing on Friday. To have even hinted at it would have been totally unfair to Craig Cook. In the same way Cook was correct not to mention it in public.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Exactly I made the same comment  on another forum.

• Like 2