Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

55 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I’m sure some compromise could have been reached here? , Strange  how Cook never had problems like this at BV though?

Strange how after years of doing a good job at Belle Vue this year he was left out.

It takes both parties to talk and agree a compromise, it appears Cook wasn’t willing to talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maneacat said:

More to this than we are being told AS PER USUAL!

Naturally, especially with Buster Chapman at the heart of it, pulling strings and lots of wool over supporters eyes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Naturally, especially with Buster Chapman at the heart of it, pulling strings and lots of wool over supporters eyes.

you know what,some folk may go to the showground this year and be really well entertained and enjoy their speedway with a fine team back in the top flight,,,,,,,,regardless of whom is in charge

Try it,you might even enjoy it yourself

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Cook needs another visit to his head shrink,he seems to think people owe him a living on his terms these days.Thats not how it works in Speedway.IMO.

very true,its a shame as the lad a a degree of talent that could get im a good living out of speedway,shame he every now and then has to act the clown

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

What is it that creates such bitterness as to have to throw a boot in at every opportunity?

• Like 1

For years speedway fans have yearned for a Barry Hearne type figure to grab the sport by the short and curlies and sort it out. Now Buster has sort of half done it (or what he believes is a more professional image) some fans are up in arms and shouting riders should rule the roost.

You can''t have it both ways so make your mind up before the door finally smacks you on the bum!

The above is only half jesting BTW

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

For years speedway fans have yearned for a Barry Hearne type figure to grab the sport by the short and curlies and sort it out. Now Buster has sort of half done it (or what he believes is a more professional image) some fans are up in arms and shouting riders should rule the roost.

You can''t have it both ways so make your mind up before the door finally smacks you on the bum!

I don't see how you can relate Buster  Chapman  with Barry Hearne  or where you can get your comparisons from  I will just put it down to you being a Chapman idoliser and he can't do anything wrong in your eyes.

• Haha 1

At least Barry Hearne knows what he is doing

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I don't see how you can relate Buster  Chapman  with Barry Hearne  or where you can get your comparisons from  I will just put it down to you being a Chapman idoliser and he can't do anything wrong in your eyes.

Bit in bold.....I am far from that!

My comment was very tongue in cheek but he has put money in the sport and is trying to standardise it, which I assume is what all the Hearne wishers want:P

If you think anyone would step into the sport a la Hearne and not tell riders what they can and can't do, frankly you are living in cloud cuckoo land:D

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

New signing in 24-48hours from wednesday afternoon? Who is it then

A N   Other . Gone past caring

52 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Unfortunately people hero worship and fawn over speedway riders. However I’m really surprised how many have gone against Cook on this. 

Edited by Bagpuss

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Strange how after years of doing a good job at Belle Vue this year he was left out.

It takes both parties to talk and agree a compromise, it appears Cook wasn’t willing to talk.

Don’t think there were many fans thinking that Cook would not be at Belle Vue this season.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think there were many fans thinking that Cook would not be at Belle Vue this season.

Don't think anyone thought he would not be anywhere either. His logic in all this is baffling, it's like Speedway Brexit ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambpanther said:

New signing in 24-48hours from wednesday afternoon? Who is it then

It's no secret that it's Kacper Gomolski.  

Unless the delay in naming him means that Cook is coming crawling back begging?