British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just repeating what was said by someone else. What was said seems to be what exactly happened. Would be one hell of a coincidence if it ain't true don't you think? Buster takes over, rider's gone before a wheel turned.

Refer to Neils post  are you suggesting he is lying? I for one do not think he is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

There are those that know, there are those that think they know and then there are the paying public whose only function is to pay the entrance fee 

I don't know, but the declared team looked way to expensive to me, for Buster to pay for a team coming up and a gamble at that.

maybe Ged built a team that HE was going to track with the backing of T Balfe? Ged went and T Balfe went, leaving the shortfall?

just a guess

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't know, but the declared team looked way to expensive to me, for Buster to pay for a team coming up and a gamble at that.

Neither do I  but Ged told me the team he assembled was unbelievably cheap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

:rofl:

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Correct

• Like 3

I believe that Ged and Neil were deliberately left exposed to be totally undermined later. Revenge is a dish best served cold!!

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

41 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Correct

Harris, Andersen, Cook, Wilson-Dean, Wright, Bjerre, Barker = Cheap

:rofl: If you believe that you'll believe anything 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Harris, Andersen, Cook, Wilson-Dean, Wright, Bjerre, Barker = Cheap

:rofl: If you believe that you'll believe anything 

Do you know the truth? Are you doubting Neils veracity?

55 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Do you know the truth? Are you doubting Neils veracity?

People are doubting Busters :P

If you look how fast the P/boro team was declared, and the riders/ cost. Then you look at he's beloved Lynn. Work out the cost of the teams. He was either casting Lynn aside for Boro or someone else was funding things, or crossed wires somewhere..

Edited by Bald Bloke

Interesting that Ipswich couldn't put a 1-7 together until Peterborough "released" a rider, with better gates at Foxhall you wouldn't want to start with a crap side, makes some sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, doesn’t seem like a money issue to me. Harris released to bolster Ipswich and solve the Tungate issue, Cook didn’t sign due to the sponsorship disagreement. Could be wrong of course but that’s how it looks to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

But Baggy lets create a conspiracy theory so that we can hammer Buster.  Easy target. So the guy is successful and has made a few bob.  Hardly a hanging offence is it ? Or do supporters think all promotions should work thier butt off for no return ?

25 minutes ago, semion said:

But Baggy lets create a conspiracy theory so that we can hammer Buster.  Easy target. So the guy is successful and has made a few bob.  Hardly a hanging offence is it ? Or do supporters think all promotions should work thier butt off for no return ?

Agree but you have to put yourself in a P’boro supporters shoes....strong and exciting team announced with Harris and Cook spearheading and by the first meeting they are both gone and not adequately replaced. Also Buster was never really wanted by those supporters for various understandable reasons. Can’t blame people for being disillusioned. 

Need to see who they can come up with to replace Cook though. Wouldn’t necessarily rule out him signing in the end, anything possible. People feel let down at the moment but if / when they get a home win or two with some good racing it will make a big difference. I’m sure an Easter Monday victory would go down well :D

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Agree but you have to put yourself in a P’boro supporters shoes....strong and exciting team announced with Harris and Cook spearheading and by the first meeting they are both gone and not adequately replaced. Also Buster was never really wanted by those supporters for various understandable reasons. Can’t blame people for being disillusioned. 

Need to see who they can come up with to replace Cook though. Wouldn’t necessarily rule out him signing in the end, anything possible. People feel let down at the moment but if / when they get a home win or two with some good racing it will make a big difference. I’m sure an Easter Monday victory would go down well :D

How about Cook going to Wolves with Nicholls returning to Boro'