British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Buster has alway asked his riders how he wants the track .

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Yes Ged and Lisa were both there

Maybe because Ben Rathbone was riding in the Academy races?

2 hours ago, semion said:

Strange how things work out.

Ipswich relegated Peterborough miss the play-offs ( well after tonight) Both Speedway Team’s beaten last night and all doom and gloom.

Whilst over here in the County of 6 fingers and Webbo Feet, we have beaten Swindon, have a future World Champion on our hands.  Oh let’s not forget Daniel Farke and his band of Yellows returning to the promised land.

All seems well with the World.;)

Dont Kings Lynn have a football team then!!!!! or does that part of your attempted wind up fall very flat and you have to revert to using a substitute team. 

They have a pretty good non league team who are in Play Offs to get up to the National League north / south. But Norfolk is a one professional club county so NCFC are a county wide club, apart from the Yarmouth chavs who support big six teams. 

I’ve been lucky enough to be able to have pit   access for the last two seasons now and watching the team this year there is not enthusiasm in the pits, when they are not racing the lads just seem to be sat in their bay not taking to each other. They rarely get up and see what’s happening to the track or help each other out. It’s a very weird atmosphere for a “team”. Compare that to last year in the championship when things were going good for the team. Everyone looked like they wanted to be there, all working with each other and talking riding lines etc. I must admit Ged played a key part in that and ulrich as well. 

Something needs to change soon or this team is not going to get anywhere near to top 4. 

Edited by Gasser90
Spelling

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Buster has alway asked his riders how he wants the track .

Are you on a wind-up or did you not understand to point being made :blink:

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Dont Kings Lynn have a football team then!!!!! or does that part of your attempted wind up fall very flat and you have to revert to using a substitute team. 

Yes they do. -  Buster ran that for a few years also -about 2010 to 15 I think then sold it.   Let’s hope it doesn’t take that long before he sells our Club on again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg said:

So Buster the bad man for buying your club and putting money in to it :rofl:

Depends what the other options were, if any. Rathbone said he'd run anyway and didn't need to sell as he did, apparently, so given where we are and what's happened since Dec 20 then it's not too difficult to see why some people have problems with triple ownership. So the answer to you're question (which isn't particularly funny btw) is no he is not, but that's a simplistic as it gets.

15 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Yes they do. -  Buster ran that for a few years also -about 2010 to 15 I think then sold it.   Let’s hope it doesn’t take that long before he sells our Club on again. 

I did know they have a football team and he owned it for a time, dont think he will sell Peterborough anytime soon more out of spite than anything else.

Wont be long before hes asking the Showground management to allow Banger racing on the track as well after all hes loaded it with the correct shale already 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Maybe because Ben Rathbone was riding in the Academy races?

Very likely.

29 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I did know they have a football team and he owned it for a time, dont think he will sell Peterborough anytime soon more out of spite than anything else.

Wont be long before hes asking the Showground management to allow Banger racing on the track as well after all hes loaded it with the correct shale already 

That last point had crossed my mind....

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That last point had crossed my mind....

The possibility of the Showground authorities allowing that are so slim as to be inconceivable, in my opinion.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lurcher said:

so will we get a new signing for tomorrow - what do we all think

You should know the answer to that without asking , there is absolutely no chance earliest chance they will have now to make changes will be from June 1st  and I doubt anything will happen then as they will be that far behind the opposition pointswise they won't even bother trying.

• Sad 1