British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

4 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not really, you were more pointed and I can't recall if the specifics of the transaction are out there, perhaps they are. I was talking generally about the case and the actions and reactions of individuals for which there is evidence in the public domain.

That's why I used the word alleged  ;) It was talked about on here. Holder did miss a few Panthers meetings to ride in Poland, when you had priority. It was said on here by some that Rathbone was compensated. I don't know for sure, but I doubt he would of ripped the fans off for no reward. Again "alleged" covers it, I think..

The what if Buster did that part was just hypothetical. Most wish Rathbone was still there, and seem to be on Busters case for trying. If Buster had done that with Jack there would be uproar.Thats what I was getting at. I think Buster is being treaded harshly at this stage for trying, that's all. Not saying he is always right BTW.

We all have opinions, that's what a forum is all about at the end of the day :t: I'll leave it there.

If they had replaced Cook properly with the points available before May 1st it would have showed some positive intent. As things stand i fancy Boro will possibly be competing with Lynn and Ippo for the wooden spoon...

• Like 5

When one person owns 43% of The Teams in The League it’s a decent bet that one will finish bottom

6 hours ago, maneacat said:

You are spot on there about “going”  -  a lot won’t bother shortly - you can forget 2500 crowds (apart from possibly Stars visits) because the moans on here are a spit in the ocean to what is being said in the grandstand and face to face amongst Panthers fans.   It’s not a case of “IF” but “WHEN” crowds fall :cry:

Buster must be rubbing his hands at minute with how many are turning up  Won't be long before he's wiping the tears when 1 man and his dog turn up. Expect we'll be hearing the same old tosh then

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seem to recall that Ged never denied taking the money

The dispute was rather over his punishment and whether it was just given he appeared to have been cleared to take it from the required authorities

That's true. Just got up to speed with the story again - apologies BB.

Cleared to break the rules and take the minor hit was the advice from the no2 that caused the no1 to blow a gasket.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seem to recall that Ged never denied taking the money

The dispute was rather over his punishment and whether it was just given he appeared to have been cleared to take it from the required authorities

Punishment greatly reduced on appeal, with the help of a legal team supplied by T. Balfe  #drawyourownconclusions

My recollection is that Ged had records of his conversation with the deputy boss of bosses which supported Geds version of events. Subsequently the Lincolnshire man was let off by his peers as he only did and said what he did for the good of Speedway.

How has Lasse Bjerre green sheet average gone up 1.42 from 4.72 to 6.14! 

He has scored 7 from 4, 3 from 4 and 1 from 3 in league meetings.

Moved up to 3rd in averages so Peterborough stronger without him now.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Neil Watson has said it's something to do with his rolling average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

His 2017 Prem meetings are now again included in his rolling average whereas his starting figure was only his converted 2018 Championship as he didnt ride in the Prem in 18

Bjerre is struggling at present as a Championship heat leader riding at 3, his scores have been average at best, he should of started at reserve for Peterborough was thrust into a second string role with the Cook issue, now having struggled in that spot finds himself as third in the averages all on the back of his scores two years ago this can only happen in speedway and its wacky ways with averages

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, New era Panthers said:

. Chapman is a total numpty and I hope he gets his fingers burnt,

sad thing is if your wish of Chapman getting his fingers burnt comes true,then its highly likely that the Mighty panthers will be gone forever

sometimes  you have to be becarefull what you wish for

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Bjerre is struggling at present as a Championship heat leader riding at 3, his scores have been average at best, he should of started at reserve for Peterborough was thrust into a second string role with the Cook issue, now having struggled in that spot finds himself as third in the averages all on the back of his scores two years ago this can only happen in speedway and its wacky ways with averages

So is the Boro glass half empty or is it half full

The average changes mean a team originally 3 points under now is pretty much bang on the limit if you view it negatively

Or if positive it means a rider performing at about 3 can be replaced by a new 6 pointer as his rolling avearge has jumped due to a quirk in the regulations

Take ya pick......

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So is the Boro glass half empty or is it half full

The average changes mean a team originally 3 points under now is pretty much bang on the limit if you view it negatively

Or if positive it means a rider performing at about 3 can be replaced by a new 6 pointer as his rolling avearge has jumped due to a quirk in the regulations

Take ya pick......

It's a bit like being booked into the best restaurant in town, only to end up eating cheese on toast instead of lobster ....

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Neil Watson has said it's something to do with his rolling average.