Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

Harris going Ipswich isn't a problem in my eyes panthers have a better rider in tungate biggest problem they've got was having a consistent heat winner in cook and ending up with another reserve .i can understand why carl says what he does but I haven't heard anybody say they believe him .its not as though he's gonna say buster is taking the p155 I wouldn't be having a team 3pts under limit if it was up to me 

Harris is superb to watch on his day..to me he epitomises what speedway is all about..I was gutted when we "released" him...and this was when positive turned to negative...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PBK said:

Crikey who would want to own a speedway club !more negative than positive from Fans ! Why bother going if its all just moani about the owners the track .the weather. the world. jesus!!

 

You are spot on there about “going”  -  a lot won’t bother shortly - you can forget 2500 crowds (apart from possibly Stars visits) because the moans on here are a spit in the ocean to what is being said in the grandstand and face to face amongst Panthers fans.   It’s not a case of “IF” but “WHEN” crowds fall :cry:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Allegedly! So you're not in possession of the facts but you use it to justify your argument anyway.

 

12 hours ago, Crump99 said:

But surely if you care about the club and fans (and selling up wasn't as reported a necessity) as stated then given the problems we've had since Frost 2010 to Holdergate then surely that raised some alarm bells of what might follow? If Rathbone chose an unkown without a known history then I'd agree what you say.

Is that the same Holdergate  I mentioned "allegedly" and you shot me down for using it without possession of the facts to justify an argument.. Haven't you just done the same? Or do you know the facts and it did happen :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

 

Is that the same Holdergate  I mentioned "allegedly" and you shot me down for using it without possession of the facts to justify an argument.. Haven't you just done the same? Or do you know the facts and it did happen :)

Not really, you were more pointed and I can't recall if the specifics of the transaction are out there, perhaps they are. I was talking generally about the case and the actions and reactions of individuals for which there is evidence in the public domain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to recall that Ged never denied taking the money

The dispute was rather over his punishment and whether it was just given he appeared to have been cleared to take it from the required authorities

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Not really, you were more pointed and I can't recall if the specifics of the transaction are out there, perhaps they are. I was talking generally about the case and the actions and reactions of individuals for which there is evidence in the public domain.

That's why I used the word alleged  ;) It was talked about on here. Holder did miss a few Panthers meetings to ride in Poland, when you had priority. It was said on here by some that Rathbone was compensated. I don't know for sure, but I doubt he would of ripped the fans off for no reward. Again "alleged" covers it, I think..

The what if Buster did that part was just hypothetical. Most wish Rathbone was still there, and seem to be on Busters case for trying. If Buster had done that with Jack there would be uproar.Thats what I was getting at. I think Buster is being treaded harshly at this stage for trying, that's all. Not saying he is always right BTW.

We all have opinions, that's what a forum is all about at the end of the day :t: I'll leave it there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they had replaced Cook properly with the points available before May 1st it would have showed some positive intent. As things stand i fancy Boro will possibly be competing with Lynn and Ippo for the wooden spoon...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When one person owns 43% of The Teams in The League it’s a decent bet that one will finish bottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, maneacat said:

 

You are spot on there about “going”  -  a lot won’t bother shortly - you can forget 2500 crowds (apart from possibly Stars visits) because the moans on here are a spit in the ocean to what is being said in the grandstand and face to face amongst Panthers fans.   It’s not a case of “IF” but “WHEN” crowds fall :cry:

 

Buster must be rubbing his hands at minute with how many are turning up  Won't be long before he's wiping the tears when 1 man and his dog turn up. Expect we'll be hearing the same old tosh then

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seem to recall that Ged never denied taking the money

The dispute was rather over his punishment and whether it was just given he appeared to have been cleared to take it from the required authorities

 

That's true. Just got up to speed with the story again - apologies BB.

Cleared to break the rules and take the minor hit was the advice from the no2 that caused the no1 to blow a gasket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seem to recall that Ged never denied taking the money

The dispute was rather over his punishment and whether it was just given he appeared to have been cleared to take it from the required authorities

 

Punishment greatly reduced on appeal, with the help of a legal team supplied by T. Balfe  #drawyourownconclusions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My recollection is that Ged had records of his conversation with the deputy boss of bosses which supported Geds version of events. Subsequently the Lincolnshire man was let off by his peers as he only did and said what he did for the good of Speedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How has Lasse Bjerre green sheet average gone up 1.42 from 4.72 to 6.14! 

He has scored 7 from 4, 3 from 4 and 1 from 3 in league meetings.

Moved up to 3rd in averages so Peterborough stronger without him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

How has Lasse Bjerre green sheet average gone up 1.42 from 4.72 to 6.14! 

He has scored 7 from 4, 3 from 4 and 1 from 3 in league meetings.

Moved up to 3rd in averages so Peterborough stronger without him now.

Neil Watson has said it's something to do with his rolling average.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

How has Lasse Bjerre green sheet average gone up 1.42 from 4.72 to 6.14! 

He has scored 7 from 4, 3 from 4 and 1 from 3 in league meetings.

Moved up to 3rd in averages so Peterborough stronger without him now.

His 2017 Prem meetings are now again included in his rolling average whereas his starting figure was only his converted 2018 Championship as he didnt ride in the Prem in 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy