British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Surely the main objective in speedway at the moment is to make sure your club survives financially.

Yes Buster could break the bank and get the best riders possible to take all silverware you want as a supporter,but then would you have a team next season to support.I know what i would rather.

Many teams overspend and unfortunately not many of those are around anymore.

And there it is, right on cue :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Surely the main objective in speedway at the moment is to make sure your club survives financially.

Yes Buster could break the bank and get the best riders possible to take all silverware you want as a supporter,but then would you have a team next season to support.I know what i would rather.

Many teams overspend and unfortunately not many of those are around anymore.

Ged Rathbone didn't overspend when he signed Chris Harris but it didn't stop Chapman from moving him on to Ipswich that's why they have totally lost my support , he just had to tinker with the team to suit the needs of Ipswich and I don't buy that, the sooner he finds a buyer for Peterborough the better.    I would rather have no speedway than support any team with a connection with Chapman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Ged Rathbone didn't overspend when he signed Chris Harris but it didn't stop Chapman from moving him on to Ipswich that's why they have totally lost my support , he just had to tinker with the team to suit the needs of Ipswich and I don't buy that, the sooner he finds a buyer for Peterborough the better.    I would rather have no speedway than support any team with a connection with Chapman.

So you would rather no speedway:blink::(.

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Not losing a lot by getting rid of Harris are you not scoring much for Ipswich

• Sad 2

All the bits and pieces of info which have come out today between CFS and Cook might explain why he isn’t lining up for P'boro this year. 

4 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes

Hope that’s tongue in cheek!

we spent a year with Marek Mroz, had Nick Simmonds at no1 and years at the bottom end of the table.

The money came in, one decent season and now the stadium is a truck park. Would love my Sunday afternoons of getting hammered at home every week back

be careful what you wish for, once it’s gone it very rarely comes back

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

All the bits and pieces of info which have come out today between CFS and Cook might explain why he isn’t lining up for P'boro this year. 

I think you could be right. When you look at all the orange on the Robins kevlars it’s obvious that having to go white on Craig’s didn’t suit CFS  

Unnecessary requirement from Buster in my opinion.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ouch said:

I think you could be right. When you look at all the orange on the Robins kevlars it’s obvious that having to go white on Craig’s didn’t suit CFS  

Unnecessary requirement from Buster in my opinion.   

Maybe not so unnecessary when you consider the state of Swindon’s racesuits? 

It does seem like Cook could be piggy in the middle though. Everybody loses out which is the sad part. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Careful what you wish for.

28 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Careful what you wish for.

To be quite honest I  am not wishing for anything ,Chapman now owns the club and I have to accept that but I don't have to pay to watch it.

• Like 3

Taking a stand against something which you believe is not good for the club you have long supported is NOT wishing for it to close down. I too detest the way in which Buster Chapman runs King's Lynn Stars ( and I think in the long term it will not help the club to develop ) but my passion for the club and team and its long heritage ( going back to it's links to Norwich Stars where I developed the speedway habit from my parents ) is in no way diminished. I do believe that in the fullness of time the Chapman  & Godfrey era of control will be seen as the death throes of the professional sport in the UK. Alive & Kicking my a**$.

• Like 4

All this fuss about Peterborough having Buster in charge.!  You should be use to such charracters over there.  After all Posh had Steve Evans for a year. :D

1 hour ago, semion said:

All this fuss about Peterborough having Buster in charge.!  You should be use to such charracters over there.  After all Posh had Steve Evans for a year. :D

Even Steve Evans built a team that was in the top 2 for three months !!! :o :o

• Haha 1