British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

16 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

We need to organise a boycott.

Hope you do Jezza. Faster Buster gets rid the better for Lynn. Not for prem speedway  in general, but your fans want way to much in the top flight in their first season.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, bdjfan said:

That really is enough now of messing around with the blooming track, tractor racing was tedious tonight. The crowd won't put up with it for much longer.  How the heck can our poor riders ever get any home track advantage, when the track is never the same from one week to the next!! The track is neutral and a level playing field  for both sets of riders! 

Could cope with that although you can't polish a :blink: - and that team, not their fault as they are doing their best although a bit shambolic at times, is certainly a :blink:

With all those breaks (including a sun break), why a bloody interval :rolleyes:

Edited by Crump99

18 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Could cope with that although you can't polish a :blink: - and that team, not their fault as they are doing their best although a bit shambolic at times, is certainly a :blink:

With all those breaks (including a sun break), why a bloody interval :rolleyes:

The reality is 39 -51 is what  fans will suffer when building a team 3 points under the limit and I can't see it getting any better while Chapman holds the purse strings. If fans are quite happy to put up with what Chapman is doing for Panthers that's there choice.

Says on the Website They are considering their options.  Maybe a change at Team Manager will do the trick and someone new with fresh ideas will be able to motivate the riders. You can sure as hell bet money it won’t be Buster’s fault.   He don’t take criticism.  So someone has to be the fall guy.

2 minutes ago, semion said:

Says on the Website They are considering their options.  Maybe a change at Team Manager will do the trick and someone new with fresh ideas will be able to motivate the riders. You can sure as hell bet money it won’t be Buster’s fault.   He don’t take criticism.  So someone has to be the fall guy.

Shuffling deck chairs. It's about quality, not motivation. When we've tried to single out individuals in the past we've always been told that it's a management team and collective decisions so as the owner doesn't appear to do collective responsibilty, can we now hang someone out to dry :P

Busters going nowhere.  Johnson’s just the hired help.  One text/phone call and he is gone.  Johnson is the easy one to hang out to dry.

Buster should get his boy back with him.  He would spark it up over there. 

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

The reality is 39 -51 is what  fans will suffer when building a team 3 points under the limit and I can't see it getting any better while Chapman holds the purse strings. If fans are quite happy to put up with what Chapman is doing for Panthers that's there choice

Speedway has been a part of our lives for so long it is hard for me to make the decision not to go, as I am sure it was for you, but next week I will be giving it a miss . 

I may regret it, I might even change my mind at the last minute, but it is a lot of money to waste every week to feel aggravated and not enjoy my night out .So as things stand unless things change that's it.

Congratulations to Ipswich you looked superb last night, your fans are a credit to your team, go on and make the play offs now!!

• Like 2

I think the time has come we need a number 1, someone who can set the bar in heat one and can pass knowledge on to his team mates. last night was hard to watch, I do feel for them but are team is not strong enough, its hard pill to swallow as well that every rider that has come and smashed the track record is not a Panther, if they can do it why can't are team.

Something needs to happen before we meet Poole or they will destroy us. 

• Like 1

The Panthers need a No One but who??   A lot of you say its  money but you have no proof ?       Boycott  and you will  finish Speedway at the showground  

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

The Panthers need a No One but who??   A lot of you say its  money but you have no proof ?       Boycott  and you will  finish Speedway at the showground  

Plenty out there but all will be expensive or don't want Britain.....

Craig Cook is available.......... oh wait 

Thorsell

Kasprzak 

Holder

NKI

Zagar 

Kildemand 

Lindgren 

Panthers will sign Nicholls to replace Bjerre in my opinion 

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

I do not consider I am boycotting, but everything that I loved at the showground has changed. 

1. We were all involved together before and it felt like we were all part of the team, now it is my way or the highway. 

2. For what ever reason, the team we expected to see was ripped apart leaving us a team well under the points limit, riders are being forced to ride out of position and are understandably struggling. In my opinion and I have always said this every year, all teams need a number one, we don't have one, but if we cannot find one ,the team needs changes for strength in depth as we don't have that either.

3. Ged and Neil who most of the fans admired and respected were out before even a wheel had turned, with no suitable explanation.

4. The track , it wasn't perfect before but mostly we enjoyed exciting speedway, it was a pleasure to watch, now it is just fast gate and go, appearing to be prepared for the opposition or simply speed  most of the time, also we have to endure constant tractor circling. 

If I don't go to the Poole match I may regret it, I will still go if the stated options being looked at genuinely are, but I am not prepared to waste my money, sitting being aggravated by the situation., and not enjoying myself...indeed I will probably go to watch the  juniors on Friday, as a rule I have always enjoyed my speedway and have travelled all over the country to watch my team through thick and thin...but....if the situation we have now at Panthers is the best we can ever hope for in the future,  I hate to say it but yes Speedway could well be finished at the Showground. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sneezy said:

I do not consider I am boycotting, but everything that I loved at the showground has changed. 

1. We were all involved together before and it felt like we were all part of the team, now it is my way or the highway. 

2. For what ever reason, the team we expected to see was ripped apart leaving us a team well under the points limit, riders are being forced to ride out of position and are understandably struggling. In my opinion and I have always said this every year, all teams need a number one, we don't have one, but if we cannot find one ,the team needs changes for strength in depth as we don't have that either.

3. Ged and Neil who most of the fans admired and respected were out before even a wheel had turned, with no suitable explanation.

4. The track , it wasn't perfect before but mostly we enjoyed exciting speedway, it was a pleasure to watch, now it is just fast gate and go, appearing to be prepared for the opposition or simply speed  most of the time, also we have to endure constant tractor circling. 

If I don't go to the Poole match I may regret it, I will still go if the stated options being looked at genuinely are, but I am not prepared to waste my money, sitting being aggravated by the situation., and not enjoying myself...indeed I will probably go to watch the  juniors on Friday, as a rule I have always enjoyed my speedway and have travelled all over the country to watch my team through thick and thin...but....if the situation we have now at Panthers is the best we can ever hope for in the future,  I hate to say it but yes Speedway could well be finished at the Showground. 

Couldn’t have put it better - well said.  

Agree 100% with every point - well written post and sums up the situation many fans I believe from what I heard last night are thinking.  

• Like 2