Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Recommended Posts

Lets be realistic, there wont be wholesale changes as there simply isn't the riders to do that, also you've got Buster in charge looking after 3 teams compared to Ged who was solely looking after the Panthers. 

I could see the Panthers looking like (in the next few weeks)

1. Hans Andersen 7.60

2. Aaron Summers 4.97

3. Charles Wright 5.46

4. Nick Morris 6.60

5. Rohan Tungate 7.36

6. BWD 5.27

7. Pickering/Sedgman/Vissing/Bates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Where is Charles Wright or perhaps you don't think he's done enough to retain his place .

Replace bjerre with Wright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Bates certainly worth a shot what average would he come in on? 

We need a number 1 but won't get one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Flappy said:

Josh Bates certainly worth a shot what average would he come in on? 

We need a number 1 but won't get one 

Bates would be worth a shot because he makes starts and right now with that track, that is more important than ever. As BWD is finding out, gating is much more important at the showground this year means he can try all he likes, he's struggling to make an impression. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Bates....is he really the savour of Peterborough Panthers!?..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Flappy said:

Josh Bates certainly worth a shot what average would he come in on? 

We need a number 1 but won't get one 

Us at Ipswich dont have a number one , i would say Harris and Hans are similar profile riders.

We just have riders that are solid in the middle order, riders who are top riders in the lower league like Lawson and King , and backed up by KP and Bellego

Plus at reserve Allen is flying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Josh Bates....is he really the savour of Peterborough Panthers!?..

No he isn't on his own, but he is an improvement on what a couple of the current riders are doing with the track you now have. If you want a magic button that's going to instantly make Panthers title contenders, why don't you trot off down the bottom of the garden, go shake the magic money tree and make everything better. Easy to stand there and tell everyone what's needed but someone has to pay for it, and it's clear the present owner isn't willing to. It's easy for Neil to say how everything would have been affordable under Ged but the fact is he DID sell the club yet Neil seems to tell us he didn't need to , everything was affordable and it would have been a bumper season. What like the last few where the begging bowl constantly came out. Panthers have a number of problems, from the top to the bottom. But it does seem to me that a number of Panthers fans seem to think they are entitled to a successful season and that the somehow throwing their toys out the pram will make it all better. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Buster's biggest contibution now should be to just try to put the track back to what it was previously, whatever hes done appears to of destroyed much of the entertainment factor and seems to of had a massive impact on the home riders in the team, anyone who follows any sport thinks they know best and will always give there opinion, even Ipswich fans were moaning before the start of the season at the team being assembled but have been surprised at the way there team is performing now. 

As for money trees there out of stock at the garden centres at the moment as Bolton Wanderers fans have bought them all apparently. 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First visit to the Showground this year on Monday night and I didn't think the racing was as bad as people have made out? I felt there were three or four really decent races which I felt made for a decent meeting. The track is definitely different but I don't believe it's as bad as commented.

Moving on to the Peterborough side, Bjerre and Barker have to be on their way. Bjerre just seems to be getting worse by the year, similar to Barker in fact. Barker always tries so hard but just never looks fast anymore, the effort is there but clearly doesn't have the machinery. The question is who can actually improve the team and want to ride for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedway28 said:

First visit to the Showground this year on Monday night and I didn't think the racing was as bad as people have made out? I felt there were three or four really decent races which I felt made for a decent meeting. The track is definitely different but I don't believe it's as bad as commented.

Moving on to the Peterborough side, Bjerre and Barker have to be on their way. Bjerre just seems to be getting worse by the year, similar to Barker in fact. Barker always tries so hard but just never looks fast anymore, the effort is there but clearly doesn't have the machinery. The question is who can actually improve the team and want to ride for them?

I'd agree with that general summing up, although it wasn't decent from a Panthers perspective. As I said before, there's not actually too much wrong that a couple of decent riders wouldn't put right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it is Buster's money ( we assume ) propping up the Panthers if it goes belly up and flops financially then the egg or whatever that is left on his face is down to the choice of direction that he has taken the club in. What is galling for supporters is his apparent unwillingness to make changes that may break the budget he has settled on. My own feeling is that he will ring the changes within the team in a desperate attempt to prevent the crowd from falling off too badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Are the crowds lower this year? 

A side glance in the stand seems to indicate not too bad considering but not sure how much of the 2200 seats is not used now for whatever reason. Also though, if it doesn't improve then it will drop off so it probably needs this early season rush for the season average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

As it is Buster's money ( we assume ) propping up the Panthers if it goes belly up and flops financially then the egg or whatever that is left on his face is down to the choice of direction that he has taken the club in. What is galling for supporters is his apparent unwillingness to make changes that may break the budget he has settled on. My own feeling is that he will ring the changes within the team in a desperate attempt to prevent the crowd from falling off too badly.

I don't think that's true. There is an unwillingness, I suspect, to sign a rider for inflated points money with no guarantee that said rider will improve the team. All very well saying go and sign xxxx but I know for a fact that many of the riders names people on here are putting forward, simply don't wish to ride in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you got rid of Barker and Bjerre plus the 0.07 you have. 

That 11.84 to play with. 

2 guys i would see if you could get. 

1 would be THJ (spoke to him 3 days still looking for a UK spot and the other if you could bring him back would be Kim N) 

They add up to 11.77 as 4.64 and 7.13 respectively. THJ would flux between that reserve and 2/4 spot. 

 

Kim N would be come that 3/4th heat leader with Wright.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy