British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

7 hours ago, Col said:

Yay. Hope Panthers fans feel less of a laughing stock with Nichollls &.Bates in the team.

Was not aware that any Panthers  fans felt a laughing stock, just misled.

27 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I may be wrong , but it seems to me that well known Panthers supporter and luminary  "Kev the Rev " has not been seen since the demise of Ged and Neil.  Has anybody got any info on his absence?

Now part of the back up team for Ulrich Ostergaard at Birmingham.

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I may be wrong , but it seems to me that well known Panthers supporter and luminary  "Kev the Rev " has not been seen since the demise of Ged and Neil.  Has anybody got any info on his absence?

Yes. The bloke who has taken over the unwanted pre-meeting mic is somehow worse than the named person. Just like Maybot's boomerang WA (know that you love that reference Rodders :P ),  that's some trick :D

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Now part of the back up team for Ulrich Ostergaard at Birmingham.

Could this be another Panthers stalwart whose face no longer fits?

22 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Could this be another Panthers stalwart whose face no longer fits?

Plenty of spare places in the Grandstand, along with all the other stalwarts that support the Panthers through thick and thin and have done for decades, irrespective of who owns the club.

36 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Plenty of spare places in the Grandstand, along with all the other stalwarts that support the Panthers through thick and thin and have done for decades, irrespective of who owns the club.

Somewhat enigmatic . Last time I saw him was at quiz in full Panthers regalia sitting next to Neil Watson who assured me he was continuing. 

17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Somewhat enigmatic . Last time I saw him was at quiz in full Panthers regalia sitting next to Neil Watson who assured me he was continuing. 

There's a lot happened since that evening sadly..... Kev is full of beans and enjoying his change of scenery.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Everybody to there own in what they decide to do in my opinion, those that are happy with it good luck to them.

Might be some fireworks at the showground on Monday night if the rumours are true about Lynn and the multi coloured kevlar loving speedway rider.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Might be some fireworks at the showground on Monday night if the rumours are true about Lynn and the multi coloured kevlar loving speedway rider.

If only there were ( when it happens - as seems likely ) but sadly supporters on the terraces soak up any kind of garbage re. team or rule changes with hardly a murmur. Promoters can assume safely that anything goes - as it does. In the best interest of the sport of course. And up the costs to fans as & when they feel like it ( programmes, admission etc ). Recipe for the managed decline of the sport ( or is it mismanaged?).

There are often calls for a UK speedway "Overlord", well if Buster buys another one or two clubs we will have one. Titter ye not!

This thread has turned into cluedo...what rumours, what spoilt brat!?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

This thread has turned into cluedo...what rumours, what spoilt brat!?

On the Lynn thread its rumoured that Craig Cook is joining Kings Lynn his debut maybe at Peterborough on bank holiday Monday

Probably not announcing it until after tonights meeting, in case Peterborough fans are so fed up it affects the gate.

If this is true the last  vestige of  any pretence integrity  has gone.

• Like 1