British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Agree Man, maybe an experienced campaigner thought he could do something the others couldn’t.

Buster’s boy JC was really into it at Saddlebow and had some decent fresh ideas.   Fall out is the word I think you may use.

• When Buster bought Peterborough and Ipswich in 2018 he could not have known that one would have a good season and one would have all the bad luck that it has had 
  • He also didn't know that Kings Lynn would have such a bad season so far     

5 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:
  • When Buster bought Peterborough and Ipswich in 2018 he could not have known that one would have a good season and one would have all the bad luck that it has had 
  • He also didn't know that Kings Lynn would have such a bad season so far     

The only bad luck P'boro have had is Chapman taking over and ripping up the team to help strengthen his other two teams...

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Could use him to guest in a couple (not all 3) of the upcoming home meetings in August - but not sure what this has to do with this Peterborough thread?!

Well only one,unless you intend on using him when he is suppose to be riding for Wolves:wink:

Surely some of the Peterborough riders are underperforming? You have lost your inspirational number one and guests have not top scored for you?

On 7/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, BlackPanther said:

I don't want to keep repeating myself. Just fed up of seeing excuses for Buster's actions. 

Fair point. I don't think many of those excuses are coming from Panthers fans though. If they are then have a go by all means. I'd tend to ignore our 6 fingered friends from down the A47 or anyone on a broomstick flying down the A14.

Oh, and just unignored based on your reply :)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Well only one,unless you intend on using him when he is suppose to be riding for Wolves:wink:

I was assuming that Wolves may have dropped him by then!;)

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Surely some of the Peterborough riders are underperforming? You have lost your inspirational number one and guests have not top scored for you?

It's a team full of cast offs that no one else wanted, only Charles Wright remains from the original team. No one is surprised this team is nailed on for the wooden spoon ...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, maneacat said:

So maybe a newcomer could have been forgiven for buying the club moving it up a league and giving us false hopes but someone who is a long time Club Owner already not to mention BSPA Chairman should have done his homework and know better - proof he is totally delusional!  

PS.  Whatever happened to his son?   Didn’t he fall out with him as well?  

Anyone taking over the running of Peterborough Speedway always had the difficult issues with the showground owners who seem set in there ways with regards to the speedway,  talking nice to them didnt work for RF or GR they both still faced problems with them as well , so the situation ultimately ends with the showground management reverting to the term next please..

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Very true got to say im unsure if any of those who have ridden for Peterborough this season would be asked back by a new owner,  Wright & Andersen maybe perhaps BWD (who seems to be the new Sullivan with shoulder issues) but even Wright has only had i think a few double figure meetings for Peterborough. 

42 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I would have wanted BWD back for the Robins

Indeed, unfortunately Bradley has been out for six weeks now and has been sorely missed...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Indeed, unfortunately Bradley has been out for six weeks now and has been sorely missed...

Will some wanna blame Buster for that ?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

When is the next home fixture for Boro?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Anyone taking over the running of Peterborough Speedway always had the difficult issues with the showground owners who seem set in there ways with regards to the speedway,  talking nice to them didnt work for RF or GR they both still faced problems with them as well , so the situation ultimately ends with the showground management reverting to the term next please.. 

I can’t speak for Rick Frost, but during Ged’s time as Club Owner there were no ‘problems’ with the Showground.  We had an excellent working relationship with our Landlords - while we couldn’t always have the dates we wanted, we accepted that we weren’t the only tenants and the Showground management had the final say over stadium usage. In return they were always as flexible as they could be, recognising that we had fixtures to fulfil, and the Club’s many successes in 2015-18 meant that numerous extra fixtures had to be fitted in and we were always able to do that without difficulty.

• Like 1