British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

3 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Ged is the only one who has put money into Panthers, & I don't think he is interested in coming back. Don't think anyone else would be interested either, which is an even bigger worry.

I think Ged would be interested but I doubt he has the financial resources, he told be he regretted selling

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I think Ged would be interested but I doubt he has the financial resources, he told be he regretted selling

Hope you are right, as it could be curtains if not.

11 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Ged is the only one who has put money into Panthers, & I don't think he is interested in coming back. Don't think anyone else would be interested either, which is an even bigger worry.

If he was interested in coming back after 1 season, I don't think he would of sold it in the first place. Louis had a buy back clause. Not sure if it was the same for Ged and Co??

Edited by Bald Bloke

I have never seen anything from Ged or Neil Watson that was detrimental to Buster or indeed his take over. So to me that sounds like both were quite happy with the deal and too walk away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, semion said:

I have never seen anything from Ged or Neil Watson that was detrimental to Buster or indeed his take over. So to me that sounds like both were quite happy with the deal and too walk away.

You might not have seen it, but i believe Mr Watson has stated on this forum that he was no longer welcome at the Showground after Pratt was appointed by Chapman...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, semion said:

Indeed 

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You might not have seen it, but i believe Mr Watson has stated on this forum that he was no longer welcome at the Showground after Pratt was appointed by Chapman...

Did the pair care enough to have a buy back clause in the contract, like Louis had.

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Did the pair care enough to have a buy back clause in the contract, like Louis had.

It's never been mentioned, so it must be very doubtful...

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

It's never been mentioned, so it must be very doubtful...

That's what I thought.

8 hours ago, semion said:

Not publicly !!!!

8 hours ago, semion said:

Well said. Nobody forces you to sell your business - it's your choice. No good bleating about it afterwards with a pocket full of folding. 

• Like 1

Really time for Ged and Neil to speak out

There could be a non disclosure clause in the Sale of the Club contract which stops them saying anything in public. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, semion said:

Have we seen anything that said that they were happy to walk away entirely? The first news item I can find (Nov 18) says "Keith Chapman, the BSPA Chairman and Owner of King’s Lynn Speedway, has agreed a commercial deal with Ged to buy the Peterborough Panthers in time for the 2019 season. The agreement will see Ged and his loyal track team continue to run the Club in the Premiership."

Still no sign of walking away in December when it started to go pear shaped "But we know what we’re here for business-wise, we’ll be going out to bring some silverware back to Peterborough once again and now it’s vital that the supporters do their bit and come out on a Thursday night to back us – and bring some friends along, because we’ll definitely have some exciting racing!”

As we all know, it went seriously wrong in January when realisation struck "THE sale of Peterborough Speedway Club is now complete and due to unforeseen circumstances the Club have released Chris Harris from his 2019 contract. It is common that with new ownership (of the club) comes a different business model, and it has been identified that to operate at Premiership level, some cost measures are now required."

It was at this point that Johnson became the mouthpiece, Pratt came in and Rathbone/Watson went AWOL. From what Neil has said then it doesn't appear to be an amicable agreed divorce so if you can find different then I'd be happy to read it.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Isotonic said:

There coulbe a non disclo of the things that have been dsaidsure clause in the Sale of the Club contract which stops them saying anything in public. 

Quite possibly ,I know they are not happy by some of the things that have been said..