Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

Buster is not the messiah, he is the bloke chucking a ton of money down a dirty great big black hole for your entertainment.  I would imagine that isn't much fun whilst being constantly criticised, having people constantly taking the piss, having people constantly giving negative opinions (never positive, I might add) and also enduring the worst possible luck with riders getting injured.

So, because he's wasting money we should kiss his a$$ and tell him what a wonderful job he's doing?? Totally ignoring the total contempt in the way he treats his customers?? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mick Bratley said:

Buster is not the messiah, he is the bloke chucking a ton of money down a dirty great big black hole for your entertainment.  I would imagine that isn't much fun whilst being constantly criticised, having people constantly taking the piss, having people constantly giving negative opinions (never positive, I might add) and also enduring the worst possible luck with riders getting injured.

Thats telling us then!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, because he's wasting money we should kiss his a$$ and tell him what a wonderful job he's doing?? Totally ignoring the total contempt in the way he treats his customers?? 

 

Don't think he said anyone they should kiss his a$$ and creep as you insinuate.But as Mick said there are certain people who will criticize,always negative and take the piss out of Buster.No matter what Buster does in some peoples eyes he will always be wrong.There is only a select few mind.If Buster walked away and left £1,000,000 to clubs he would still be lambasted by the few for one reason or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone is asking you to kiss his arse, but not even Buster (as the messiah) can prevent riders crashing, getting injured and having loss of form.  Essentially that is why it is not a wonderful season, not because of Buster's ownership. One club has to finish bottom (and I'm not convinced that will be Peterborough BTW) and the team that does finish bottom is usually the one that suffers the worst of luck with injuries and loss of form. IMO he most certainly does not hold the customers in contempt, he rarely speaks and you know what, I don't blame him because he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

I don't think anyone is asking you to kiss his arse, but not even Buster (as the messiah) can prevent riders crashing, getting injured and having loss of form.  Essentially that is why it is not a wonderful season, not because of Buster's ownership. One club has to finish bottom (and I'm not convinced that will be Peterborough BTW) and the team that does finish bottom is usually the one that suffers the worst of luck with injuries and loss of form. IMO he most certainly does not hold the customers in contempt, he rarely speaks and you know what, I don't blame him because he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

If he hadn't ripped up the team originally announced i doubt if there would have been any criticism. Harris to Ipswich and Cook to Lynn was a slap in the face, that's when he lost my respect. His excuses for that didn't fly with me, and i suspect many others as well...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

I don't think anyone is asking you to kiss his arse, but not even Buster (as the messiah) can prevent riders crashing, getting injured and having loss of form.  Essentially that is why it is not a wonderful season, not because of Buster's ownership. One club has to finish bottom (and I'm not convinced that will be Peterborough BTW) and the team that does finish bottom is usually the one that suffers the worst of luck with injuries and loss of form. IMO he most certainly does not hold the customers in contempt, he rarely speaks and you know what, I don't blame him because he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Voice of Reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

If he hadn't ripped up the team originally announced i doubt if there would have been any criticism. Harris to Ipswich and Cook to Lynn was a slap in the face, that's when he lost my respect. His excuses for that didn't fly with me, and i suspect many others as well...

That was the start of the "bad luck"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

If he hadn't ripped up the team originally announced i doubt if there would have been any criticism. Harris to Ipswich and Cook to Lynn was a slap in the face, that's when he lost my respect. His excuses for that didn't fly with me, and i suspect many others as well...

Harris out and Tungate in was an improvement for Boro and Ipswich

Cook had never signed a contract so perhaps the error lays with him being announced when not 100% secured....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Harris out and Tungate in was an improvement for Ipswich

Cook had never signed a contract so perhaps the error lays with him being announced when not 100% secured....

I'll give you that :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

If he hadn't ripped up the team originally announced i doubt if there would have been any criticism. Harris to Ipswich and Cook to Lynn was a slap in the face, that's when he lost my respect. His excuses for that didn't fly with me, and i suspect many others as well...

I think you’ll find that if Harris hadn’t gone to Ipswich there quite possibly wouldn’t have been a top league this season and in any case Tungate for Harris is looking a pretty good swap right now. As for Cook, Buster never actually had a signature on a contract did he, that’s hardly his fault, and Cook wouldn’t adhere to the rules that Buster set for all his clubs but in the end had to back down.

I really think the crap that Buster gets is unjustified, I honestly believe that if he hadn’t done what he did you would have nothing to moan about right now. Honestly some people on here really need a Speedway financial reality check. Big time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

That was the start of the "bad luck"

And on and on. Is there really any need? Moaning for moanings sake. Get yourself some happy pills ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

If Buster lets the Panrhers go Belly/up he will lose a lot of money as a far as can see he owns nothing at the Show ground.??

And you can’t sell your ‘investment’ if there is no longer a product to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

And on and on. Is there really any need? Moaning for moanings sake. Get yourself some happy pills ffs.

Jeez, I hope Posh don't lose badly tomorrow because some poor sod's in for it next week if they do. Added to that it seems that orion thinks that you can run a bath now, a double like from young Tim :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

I think you’ll find that if Harris hadn’t gone to Ipswich there quite possibly wouldn’t have been a top league this season and in any case Tungate for Harris is looking a pretty good swap right now. As for Cook, Buster never actually had a signature on a contract did he, that’s hardly his fault, and Cook wouldn’t adhere to the rules that Buster set for all his clubs but in the end had to back down.

I really think the crap that Buster gets is unjustified, I honestly believe that if he hadn’t done what he did you would have nothing to moan about right now. Honestly some people on here really need a Speedway financial reality check. Big time.

Interesting... Not exactly the reason given to Panthers fans on Jan 18th..

It is common that with new ownership (of the club) comes a different business model, and it has been identified that to operate at Premiership level, some cost measures are now required.The promotion are working hard to find Chris alternative employment within Premiership Speedway, so the British fans can still witness his skill and flair on the track.

Some honesty goes a long way in this world, and Panthers fans never got any..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Jeez, I hope Posh don't lose badly tomorrow because some poor sod's in for it next week if they do. Added to that it seems that orion thinks that you can run a bath now, a double like from young Tim :D

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy