British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Neil Watson said Peterborough are not going to close, that's good enough for me. It's not been a good season for them. Look where last seasons table toppers and  play off finalists are this season. Second bottom. Probably due to Buster putting money into other clubs.

After last season Buster said he would go all out to go one better in 2019. Then invested in 2 clubs. And some Panthers fans think they are hard done by :blink:

Yet some say, get the bloke back that cashed in on Holder a few times last season £££, and left the fans short changed, not forgetting leaving  the rest of the team to struggle !

You should stick to posting on the Stars threads as you really havnt got a clue about Panthers as a Club or its Fans.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As both clubs are under the same ownership I would suggest Lynn fans have a greater knowledge of the workings of your new owner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Any idea why no date has been set for your home meeting with Wolves yet?

At a guess I would say availability of dates from the Showground and Wolves agreeing to one.

Any idea why no date has been set for your PSC fixture at Wolves.

6 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Any idea why no date has been set for your PSC fixture at Wolves.

Probably there is a bulge under the carpet with the fixture options on this one.

In the event of this qualifier being staged after the Final (Swindon vs Belle Vue are 12 &19 / Sept) then I would expect the lowest crowd at Monmore since Dan McCormack & CVS swapped us down with Brum and ran on Sundays. 

14 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Probably there is a bulge under the carpet with the fixture options on this one.

In the event of this qualifier being staged after the Final (Swindon vs Belle Vue are 12 &19 / Sept) then I would expect the lowest crowd at Monmore since Dan McCormack & CVS swapped us down with Brum and ran on Sundays. 

Likewise Poole v Kings Lynn?

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Likewise Poole v Kings Lynn?

Its rumoured that Poole v Kings Lynn Supporters Cup meeting may be the 2nd part of a KL double header on 12th September - if the Pirates landlords are happy for it to happen then.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Its rumoured that Poole v Kings Lynn Supporters Cup meeting may be the 2nd part of a KL double header on 12th September - if the Pirates landlords are happy for it to happen then.

And this has everything to do with Panthers 2019 because...............

On 8/21/2019 at 4:26 AM, NeilWatson said:

I said that the Showground would not close. I don’t expect that the speedway Club will fold at the end of this season, but its future direction will be dictated by track availability - as Mr Chapman clearly indicated in last week’s press article.

The question is, if the EoES really want us there (and we're told that they do, along with this alleged excellent 15 year working relationship we have with the administration) then why do they seemingly not respect our business and the way that we need to run? You could have posted the same quote in 2003. No dates from the middle of July until September for a summer sport is unacceptable. You said a while ago that if we needed more dates (as in a bigger fixture list at the start) then you thought that they would make them available. Was that based on Sunday meetings or would it apply to midweek as well? I always said that moving to Sunday was bad and would kill off top level sport at the EoES because once they got a sniff of us not running predominantly in the week then that would be their preferred option.

12 hours ago, maneacat said:

And this has everything to do with Panthers 2019 because...............

Because Neil Watson brought it up?

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Because Neil Watson brought it up?

'Big Cat Diary' started it........ :-) :-)

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

The question is, if the EoES really want us there (and we're told that they do, along with this alleged excellent 15 year working relationship we have with the administration) then why do they seemingly not respect our business and the way that we need to run? You could have posted the same quote in 2003. No dates from the middle of July until September for a summer sport is unacceptable. You said a while ago that if we needed more dates (as in a bigger fixture list at the start) then you thought that they would make them available. Was that based on Sunday meetings or would it apply to midweek as well? I always said that moving to Sunday was bad and would kill off top level sport at the EoES because once they got a sniff of us not running predominantly in the week then that would be their preferred option.

If the Showground is booked for full-week (or longer) events, the week's rent for the whole Showground will significantly exceed a season's rent from speedway. In that context Sunday or mid-week raceday is irrelevant.

Remember the days of the showground allowing speedway to run in conjunction with other events,  especially the night the PA system was highjacked by the bible worshipers. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Remember the days of the showground allowing speedway to run in conjunction with other events,  especially the night the PA system was highjacked by the bible worshipers

The memories. I blame that experience as the reason that I now need a daily fix of Inspiration TV and Daystar :D

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

If the Showground is booked for full-week (or longer) events, the week's rent for the whole Showground will significantly exceed a season's rent from speedway. In that context Sunday or mid-week raceday is irrelevant.

True. But still doesn't address the point of do they really want speedway there as they say (or we are told that they do) because such a policy shows no appreciation of the sport and way it runs. Also, why can't speedway run within other bookings as it once did? That's never been properly explained although it seems that it can be done if the will is there.

• Like 1