British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Just now, Baldyman said:

Ha ha that's funny,,,, was meant to say car lol

I knew that :-)

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Thursday was an excellent performance given the race-day problems that had to be overcome, and I thought Carl got all the programme changes pretty much spot on. I always try and be fair and reasoned - it's just a shame I don't command the same respect from the new promotion.

Time your respnses were less enigmatic. I have been supporting you and Ged under some considerable stick as I believe things you have told me. 

3 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I knew that :-)

Can you help with why nothing was done to get a rider to where he is contracted to be? 

Is it really a case of,,, oh well thanks for letting us know 

Edited by Baldyman

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Can you help with why nothing was done to get a rider to where he is contracted to be? 

Is it really a case of,,, oh well thanks for letting us know 

That would very much depend on when, where and why - and I won't comment on this particular case. However, in some cases it might be possible to rent a replacement van, or double-up with a team-mate (or opposition rider!)

12 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Time your respnses were less enigmatic. I have been supporting you and Ged under some considerable stick as I believe things you have told me. 

What you know from Ged and I is factual, from face-to-face discussions  -  and you can be sure that should you misquote us we would let you know! I never really saw myself as enigmatic - more diplomatic......

Yeah I didn't expect you to answer on this case, but when you promoted or joint promoted, efforts would have been made. 

So I can't think of any reason why he couldn't have been there,, maybe without his bikes, but he could have been there 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yeah I didn't expect you to answer on this case, but when you promoted or joint promoted, efforts would have been made. 

So I can't think of any reason why he couldn't have been there,, maybe without his bikes, but he could have been there 

But you don't know the why, where and how any more than me - so you can't assert 'he could have been there'.

Anyway - would you lend Jason a bike............. :-)

• Haha 3

No I don't know, thats correct, but someone does. 

Couldn't see the same result happening in proper pro sports..

Yeah I know speedway is different, it's the excuse always used. 

Thanks for being open and honest as always. Your views are always very much appreciated Neil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

But you don't know the why, where and how any more than me - so you can't assert 'he could have been there'.

Anyway - would you lend Jason a bike............. :-)

Given that there was time to contact Morely and or him to accept,prepare and travel then the timescale mustve been quite wide.......

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Given that there was time to contact Morely and or him to accept,prepare and travel then the timescale mustve been quite wide.......

That's exactly my thinking,,,, but hey,  it's speedway

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Acceptance wouldn't take long. I would expect a professional rider to be ready to ride at all times in case of a guest booking. I believe Ben lives in Essex.

Once again, as the why, where, how isn't known it's not possible to draw any conclusions.

In that case I would expect a pro rider to be able to get a van in time to still get to a venue,, or make other arrangements to get there. 

I think we or maybe not you as you are very careful about what you say,,, so let's just say, I doubt very little effort more likely no effort was made for Garrity to get to Foxhall.  

• Like 1

I'm pretty much done on the subject,, all I do know is, it's gotta be one of the most un pro pro sports going, hence no major sponsors and a small fan base. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In that case I would expect a pro rider to be able to get a van in time to still get to a venue,, or make other arrangements to get there. 

I think we or maybe not you as you are very careful about what you say,,, so let's just say, I doubt very little effort more likely no effort was made for Garrity to get to Foxhall.  

The upside was he wasnt there to twit someone off and injure them....

• Like 1

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The upside was he wasnt there to twit someone off and injure them....

No he saved that for the next night at Edinburgh