British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Or Two. Set clear demarcation between two leagues where reaching the highest level is aspirational, with one being a mix of a few professional (but in the main), semi professional competitors, and the other being very much a development league to help supply the top tier over the long term. With all meetings ran when punters can get there not around when riders can fit it in their non UK schedule..

To keep doing the same thing again surely isn't an option even to those currently doing it?

Sadly it is THE most easily embraced option for the BSPA whilst "led" by someone who believes he ( they inc. the Deputy ) "have got it right". As you say what will happen is the same old, same old ( or very close to it ) will be served up as being the way forward and tracks will slowly go out of business a few at a time. UK speedway will not exist as a professional sport by the time it's centenary rolls around. Only your proposition Two can be the real way forward.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Didn't the showground pay for the lights to be moved when it was deemed they were far to close to the fence,  i think it was after Craig Featherby was killed in a track crash at the showground, i know the new lights came from Hackney/London who paid for them and to be erected also

In years gone by the track or "main ring" was used for many other events especially during the east of england show, the fence has always been there since i first went in 1972 but when you take into consideration the pits it does seem logical to belong to the speedway as a fixture and fitting was it not also painted by volunteers with paint supplied by contraband

As I recall, following the sad death of Craig Featherby the original floodlights and stop lights were moved back from the fence. That was some years before the new floodlights were installed, which I believe was to meet FIM regulations ready for the World Cup/ World U21 at the beginning of the 2000s.

16 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Wouldn't have a clue, football is not something I have any interest in

Definition of a Spurs fan - COYS :D

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

As I recall, following the sad death of Craig Featherby the original floodlights and stop lights were moved back from the fence. That was some years before the new floodlights were installed, which I believe was to meet FIM regulations ready for the World Cup/ World U21 at the beginning of the 2000s.

I wasnt actually saying they were at the sametime just using both as an example of an individual expence for Speedway fixtures and fittings, maybe the speedway owners did provide everything required for the speedway including fence,pits and lights.

Cant see Buster paying out to replace the fence when the clubs currently losing money

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Definition of a Spurs fan - COYS :D

Yid Army

Edited by scoobydoo

3 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Yid Army

Despite the belief that Spurs are a Jewish club . they are no more Jewish than Arsenal or Chelsea.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, greytiger said:

Thought this was a Speedway Forum, why are you including Football.:rolleyes:

My sentiments entirely 

22 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You deserve all you get after trapping off earlier in the season. Several people told you Belle Vue wouldn’t finish in the top four and so it proved. Might be worth being a little more humble next time. 

above kings lynn tho :party: you enjoy your FTG racing and tractor racing !! under idiot chapman i'll continue to watch proper racing on a proper track in a proper stadium  oh yeah off to watch a cup final tomorrow night what you doing :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

above kings lynn tho :party: you enjoy your FTG racing and tractor racing !! under idiot chapman i'll continue to watch proper racing on a proper track in a proper stadium  oh yeah off to watch a cup final tomorrow night what you doing :rofl: 

I’ve been to Belle Vue more than I have Lynn this year. 

Like I said, stop trapping off, be a bit more humble and you’ll not look quite so silly. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’ve been to Belle Vue more than I have Lynn this year. 

Like I said, stop trapping off, be a bit more humble and you’ll not look quite so silly. 

trapping off you make laugh show a post/comment from me ???  you are not has daft as you seem then going to NSS more than boring flux arena :t: it's all about opinions don't like it tough don't answer i won't lose any sleep :party:

31 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

trapping off you make laugh show a post/comment from me ???  you are not has daft as you seem then going to NSS more than boring flux arena :t: it's all about opinions don't like it tough don't answer i won't lose any sleep :party:

You always are trapping off its your style!! Its all about the play offs not about a cup that hasn't even completed its group fixtures!

Edited by foreverblue

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

You always are trapping off its your style!!

another one in cuckoo land is it something about the tractor air down there full of manure :rofl:

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You always are trapping off its your style!! Its all about the play offs not about a cup that hasn't even completed its group fixtures!

A cup that will be consigned to the history books, with any luck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mikebv said:

All clear and obvious points and opportunities..

But as you say, no chance of anything changing...

I do actually think that they probably do realise that their operating model and business plan is crap, but, bless them, they are simply incapable of doing anything about it to radically develop the sport...

Hence we will have the same old, same old next season, and the season after, and the season after etc etc, until it all eventually becomes not worth doing as one by one the tracks disappear..

It has simply two clear options..

One. To do a 'Poland' and go balls out to attract the best in the hope fans will come back to the sport. (personally not a chance in hell they could deliver this)..

Or Two. Set clear demarcation between two leagues where reaching the highest level is aspirational, with one being a mix of a few professional (but in the main), semi professional competitors, and the other being very much a development league to help supply the top tier over the long term. With all meetings ran when punters can get there not around when riders can fit it in their non UK schedule..

To keep doing the same thing again though surely isn't an option even to those currently doing it?

The clubs have surely not got enough money coming in to do much different??