British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Isn’t it time to move on from ‘Horton bashing’? Mick has lost a great deal of money running speedway over the years - any ideas that he was trousering funds are pie in the sky.  

We are talking about Colin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Method said:

Thank you for the clarification, certainly clears up a few things!

The point I was trying to make was being careful not to bite the hand that feeds, if the showground decides to get rid of the speedway for what ever reason, then we would need to try and find an alternative venue and someone to fund it... this hasnt happened much recently.

In many ways the Showground needs the Speedway.  It is a 'noise' that has been present for almost 50 years and when the nearest residents were over three miles away. Plus as I said earlier, it is one of the few events that is for LOCAL people. (Probably the only event). It'll be interesting to visit the Showground tomorrow to have a look what they plan to do with the site in the coming years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

We are talking about Colin

Ah, OK. Sorry

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

You don't have to speak to 100  to get 99%  .24.75 is 99% of 25. To be  clear I have no idea how many were spoken to but you do not need to speak to 100 to get a percentage of 99%.

so they spoke to three quarters of a person :rofl:

My general point is we don't know how many people he/she spoke to. As a Coventry fan in exile... I'd love for Buster to re-introduce the sport at Brandon

I get your general point but your understanding of  percentages  are way off

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I get your general point but your understanding of  percentages  are way off

I understand you can't talk to three quarters of a person... unless they only have 1 arm or leg :D

99% of the people I spoke to said they loved Buster :party:

If that is your understanding as to how percentages work probably it does not  matter in the scheme of things

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

so they spoke to three quarters of a person :rofl:

Poole fan was it ?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Isn’t it time to move on from ‘Horton bashing’? Mick has lost a great deal of money running speedway over the years 

This would be great on the Coventry 2019 thread... Oh that's right there isn't one :t:

7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I do not think that Maneacat ever claimed to have spoken to 100  people

Thank you - maybe it’s just you and I that understand the meaning of percentages:)

• Haha 1

Fingers crossed buster succeeds in getting a FIM meeting at the showground next season, we have the best track in the country and we need a big international meeting to showcase this. Plus it might bring in some people that have never seen speedway before which is always good !

• Like 2

I don’t think you have the best track in the country but certainly the second best. 

The World Cup meeting in 2009 was superb, would be good to see an U21 final round or a SEC meeting at the EoES in the near future. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t think you have the best track in the country but certainly the second best. 

The World Cup meeting in 2009 was superb, would be good to see an U21 final round or a SEC meeting at the EoES in the near future. 

Would be great to see any big meeting there or at Lynn, bit fed up now with driving up to Belle Vue lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Trees said:

Would be great to see any big meeting there or at Lynn, bit fed up now with driving up to Belle Vue lol

To be fair, it should be shared around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

To be fair, it should be shared around.

If BV get a GP or Euro meeting I think the GB Championship should go elsewhere.   Peterborugh would be perfect.

• Like 1