British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

must be Buster throwing his weight around. Not happy that Peterborough have put such a good team together so decides Harris has to go....if buster tries to sign him for lynn I hope Harris tells him where to stick it the offer. 

Anyone looking for a brand new Panthers Race Suit in Chris Harris' size............. This could only happen in G.B. Speedway, still looking for that LOYALTY & CREDIBILITY! 

First thoughts are that Harris wage demands must be higher than Cook and Andersen.

• Like 1

The sport just keeps getting more and more of a joke!!

Fed up being taken as a mug who will blindly pay up to watch come March

It stinks, however Harris was on an over inflated average which he wasn't going fulfil and the reality is he can be replaced.  

Hope he gets fixed up at Ipswich quick

Or has someone better become available...........

Edited by Flappy

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

First thoughts are that Harris wage demands must be higher than Cook and Andersen.

And they've only just realised that now? After Harris signed a contract and was announced? After the whole team was announced?

Something stinks about this, the reasons given don't add up at all.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

What a piss take for all parties!

1. The rider - Chris was signed and probably had offers elsewhere but chose Ged and the Panthers.

2. The Club - what a shambles, a winter of positives for the first time in years now ruined. Why sign the rider?

3. The replacement - will know he’s the cheap option 

4: The replacement 2 - will know panthers are desperate and could hold the club to ransom 

Wonder how many fans who have brought season tickets will be questioning that now!

Thought  about buying Season ticket but have held back to wait and see how things panned out , thank goodness I did , As for the 100 club I wont rejoining it . After this latest piece of news a haven't got the will to waste my money anymore and certainly not to aid anything Buster is involved in.

45 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well well well what a surprise.......

I always thought the Panthers team looked very good, and expensive...To expensive for a team coming up a league who can't be sure how the crowds will go. If Boro and Ippo had the same budget, i'm not surprised at the re shuffle. Although not fair on Bomber as well as the fans. Why was he signed to begin with.....

Feel sorry for the Panthers fans, but you still have Cook and Hans, and maybe Tungate, and with your reserves still make you strong.

I hope Harris gets a team place asap. We have Kasper at Lynn on a 4.00, who averaged 2.55 last season for Lynn , so wouldn't really want Bomber on a high average as well.

The mind boggles... :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Can we have anders Thomsen instead please most likely to be bellego tho

Edited by hans fan

1 minute ago, hans fan said:

Can we have anders Thomsen instead please most likely to be bellego tho

Anders Thomsen will be more than Harris! 

What I dont understand is what Peterborough have found out now that they didn't know when putting their team together. If their figures on averages didn't add up then surely they would've known by now, if they were over budget they should've seen that long ago. No matter what the rights and the wrongs are you have to feel for Chris Harris who is completely innocent in all of this.

1 minute ago, screm said:

What I dont understand is what Peterborough have found out now that they didn't know when putting their team together. If their figures on averages didn't add up then surely they would've known by now, if they were over budget they should've seen that long ago. No matter what the rights and the wrongs are you have to feel for Chris Harris who is completely innocent in all of this.

This has Chapmans hands all over it, flexing his 'muscles' now the sale is completed ...

• Like 1

You’d think the head of bspa who owns the team would know the correct averages. How long ago was the team announced ? 

9 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

This has Chapmans hands all over it, flexing his 'muscles' now the sale is completed ...

I'm disappointed. I just hope whoever Panthers get will be an entertainer.......personally I'd rather see someone slide off (as long as they're ok) trying to swoop around the outside than settle for a safe second (naive maybe but then I guess I can be).......... I wonder if the whole 2.5% reduction was misunderstood, and therefore Panthers didn't fit the points limits..... but rather than come out and slag off the ruling body, Buster has bit his tongue and reshuffled his three teams....... what average is Tai on :D?

1 hour ago, BlackPanther said:

Another Speedway shamble. Bomber will join Ipswich now. Hope the new rider is Rohan Tungate.

Would still be over the points limit though?

But Panthers are welcome to him.....

Where is Neil Watson when the fans need more explanation?!

Lets hope Bomber is not lost to the sport as he said when Rye House folded that he needed 2 clubs to make things pay - or he would quit!!

• Like 1