British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

As a committed member of supporters club  I need to be assured that the revenue raised  is for the benefit of Panthers and not  for the Chapman trinity as whole

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

As a committed member of supporters club  I need to be assured that the revenue raised  is for the benefit of Panthers and not  for the Chapman trinity as whole

Well you will be disappointed. 

IF, and it's a big IF, Buster is trying to bring down some pay scales across the board then surely that's a good thing for the future of the sport?

it's not a good business model to be paying out more than comes in, no matter who the rider is

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Puts a whole new slant on buying a 50 /50 raffle ticket.

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

I think that's exactly what it is. I would say trying to monopolise the league. Between Kings Lynn, Ipswich and Peterborough and then also the riders on Poole's books they control the vast majority of the division.

Maybe more like a bit of re-distribution of riders among the three teams. Iversen's decision, Tungate's destination, Ipswich struggling to put a side together......

If Chapman had not bought out the two clubs, and put them into the PL thereby keeping it in existence, would anyone else have? So I'm not too convinced it's about trying to dominate the league. Out of the 21 riders which eventually comprise the 3 teams, how many of them will actually be Chapman "assets"? Again, that's still to be known.

8 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Signing a rider +6 weeks ago, promoting a ‘marquee signing’, selling season tickets, then release the rider in order to cut costs. That’s a Pi$$ poor business model.

Well said I couldn't have put it better.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Signing a rider +6 weeks ago, promoting a ‘marquee signing’, selling season tickets, then release the rider in order to cut costs. That’s a Pi$$ poor business model.

It's dishonest & unforgivable.

• Like 2

I am very disappointed by the news re Harris especially if the rumours on here are true, another example of the contempt  those in charge have for supporters. 

Heard a rumour tonight that both Cook and Andersen are now in dispute over proposed  changes to there contracts.

Hope this isnt true as goodness knows whats next to come.

Edited by scoobydoo

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Heard a rumour tonight that both Cook and Andersen are now in dispute over proposed  changes to there contracts.

Hope this isnt true as goodness knows whats next to come.

Problem is as you say you heard a rumour.Unfortunately rumours escalate on here 10 fold.Sometimes rumours are best kept a secret until the truth is known.There is always people that like to spread things about even if they know they are untrue.

• Like 3

My interest in the forthcoming season has totally gone, unlikely I will buy a season ticket and possibly will not go at all. Something strange going on over and above the serial shafting of the fans. Peterborough statement  seems strange and wonder whether it comes from usual source and Neil Watson conspicuous by his lack of contribution. Have both he and Ged been Bustered as well as the fans?

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Bit like taking a payoff from another promotion to let a rider miss meetings.....

Not really, but considering Chapman blew a gasket over that then he'll look a bit of an arse if overly involved in this cock up. I can't ever recall nobody taking responsiblity for Panthers issues but nobody cleary wants to be associated with this. We get a nameless press release and "A Panthers spokesperson said:" - I'd prefer Panthers supremo, at least that meant someone!

Edited by Crump99

12 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

My interest in the forthcoming season has totally gone, unlikely I will buy a season ticket and possibly will not go at all. Something strange going on over and above the serial shafting of the fans. Peterborough statement  seems strange and wonder whether it comes from usual source and Neil Watson conspicuous by his lack of contribution. Have both he and Ged been Bustered as well as the fans?

It's not that bad yet Rodders but needs sorting out with some leadership pdq before it really turns sour.

• Like 1