Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

The last line of the club website says they will make no further comment at this stage which means Ged has been silenced by the Fuhrer, and when he says 5hit Ged can jump on the shovel.

Harris said on his Fakebook 'I will not be making any further comments at this time..'

This whole saga looks like it's been organised and scripted by one person ...

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Harris said on his Fakebook 'I will not be making any further comments at this time..'

This whole saga looks like it's been organised and scripted by one person ...

 

Just like the press releases from both Ipswich and Peterborough when he’d taken over both clubs. 

Think we know the game now. It’s sh!t, but we know the game. Going to be very interesting to see what the crowd levels are at the start, and throughout next season at both clubs  

Has all the makings of being disastrous this. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tungate to Panthers, Harris to Ipswich on Chapman's orders is the rumour that appears to be the loudest. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That still makes the panthers team pretty good,, whilst the witches still look awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Heard a rumour tonight that both Cook and Andersen are now in dispute over proposed  changes to there contracts.

Hope this isnt true as goodness knows whats next to come.

I hope it's not true as well. When the Panthers team was put together, I thought it was very strong, still do, but also looked very expensive. I couldn't see anyone paying out that sort of money on a team coming up, with speedway they way it is at the moment in the UK. I don't know whats going on, but I does look very unprofessional :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

We've been through David Hawkins, Colin Horton, Mick Horton twice and the Frost shenanigans so we're pretty resilient. Bloody need to be this time I think!

Oh Yes You Do! And even more than you would like to believe you do need to be. Just imagine if Buster won the Big Euromillions lottery and bought the blooming lot ( well the PL anyway ) he could pee off 97 1/2 % of the fans in that league. There are some at King's Lynn who do swear by ( not swear at ) the man and his methods.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember visiting Lynn when buster was celebrating some sort of anniversary, he went round on a tractor or similar, to rapturous applause and flag waving from the crowd. Have things changed or is he still received like that?

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Oh Yes You Do! And even more than you would like to believe you do need to be. Just imagine if Buster won the Big Euromillions lottery and bought the blooming lot ( well the PL anyway ) he could pee off 97 1/2 % of the fans in that league. There are some at King's Lynn who do swear by ( not swear at ) the man and his methods.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Badge said:

As a witches supporter, I'm still in shock re buster buying the club, and in view the team Peterborough announced it had signed, I felt that our problems signing and announcing our team was because obviously Peterborough's budget was greater than ours.

Now though I really feel for you all ( can't believe I'm saying that tbh:wink::lol:) having your Hope's dashed after the feel good factor of you "knowing" your team.

You have to wonder if our problem's signing and announcing our last 2 riders is similar.

Change the last word of your last sentence in the post from similar to connected and you have your answer - don’t believe for one minute it’s finance related or Chris Harris is to blame! 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noodles said:

If this is true it means Chapman was involved in Panthers team building from the start - therefore would have been involved in (or at least had knowledge of) the deal offered to Harris.

It was what Bjerre said in the Speedway Star w/e 12 Jan. He said he was prepared to take a small pay cut but that there was no chance of him accepting what Chapman was offering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Enjoy the ride under Buster's reign, your love for the club will dwindle under his ownership I have no doubt.

Supporters are not in his thoughts as a business, you will just be a mugged off customer.

Buster’s reign will be short lived - his ownership method may work in Kings Lynn (possibly Ipswich) but is not Peterborough Panthers Fans  style.   When the end comes and the Club closes for the final time the pain of losing it will be eased by the knowledge that it’s Buster losing money and not Ged. .  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Buster’s reign will be short lived - his ownership method may work in Kings Lynn (possibly Ipswich) but is not Peterborough Panthers Fans  style.   When the end comes and the Club closes for the final time the pain of losing it will be eased by the knowledge that it’s Buster losing money and not Ged. .  

 

 

I think he would do well to sell up to the first possible offer even if he loses money , surely there must be someone out there that could be tempted into purchasing the club , otherwise I can see a rapid decline for the club and I would hate to see Buster owning the club more than one season . Whatever he does at Kings Lynn he's more than welcome to carry on , that's fine by me , we just don't want him at Peterborough .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just like the press releases from both Ipswich and Peterborough when he’d taken over both clubs. 

Think we know the game now. It’s sh!t, but we know the game. Going to be very interesting to see what the crowd levels are at the start, and throughout next season at both clubs  

Has all the makings of being disastrous this. 

I think you are partly right but many loyal supporters who are not forum members will turn up.

Sad that single handedly and in such a short space of time he has managed to be so devisive and brought the sport into such disrepute yet being in charge he really could not give a fig. Lies, misleading stories, no public denials and staff silenced would appear to sum up his style. 

Sadly he appears to be less than a professional businessman and he lacks man management skills and his public persona does not endear anyone to him or his cause, look back at his interviews on TV.

Unfortunately it is his money and he is calling the tune and the only way to get back at people like this is hit them in the pocket. That means boycotting meetings. Who is really going to do that? Supporters have a choice and can make stand but will they do it. Add to the unhealthy situation of one company owning three teams in one league in one part of the country and that is bad news for the future of the sport in this region.

Add to this the  monopoly known as the BSPA which needs breaking up and/or given a bloody nose says it all about the sad state the sport is in and the dire situation that speedway in East Anglia faces. Fans of all three clubs must be wondering what they have done to deserve the current situation. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Noodles said:

If this is true it means Chapman was involved in Panthers team building from the start - therefore would have been involved in (or at least had knowledge of) the deal offered to Harris.

Also seems odd that Cook ended up at Peterborough from Belle Vue for the same type of reason,  or hes taken a good pay cut just to obtain a team spot with a PL team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just playing Devils' Advocate here without suggesting this is the case, but maybe Chris Harris asked for more money than was originally agreed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KevH said:

Just playing Devils' Advocate here without suggesting this is the case, but maybe Chris Harris asked for more money than was originally agreed?

That's just another plausible scenario to throw in the ring, but i fear we will never know the truth which is par for the course in Speedway...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy