Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, KevH said:

Just playing Devils' Advocate here without suggesting this is the case, but maybe Chris Harris asked for more money than was originally agreed?

If he didn't agree with the money on offer then surely he would not have signed a contract in the first place

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KevH said:

Just playing Devils' Advocate here without suggesting this is the case, but maybe Chris Harris asked for more money than was originally agreed?

We may never know.. I think Buster thinks he is doing the best to keep the Prem going. He has laid lots of money on the line (no one else would) when speedway in the UK is on it's @rse.

He has taken a big risk. Do people really think he has bought Ippo and Boro to make himself thousands when no one else can..??

We don't know anything about the deals in place or budgets etc, so I think people should cut him a bit of slack for now.  

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

If he didn't agree with the money on offer then surely he would not have signed a contract in the first place

Surely, that same reasoning should apply to the Peterborough promoters too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats your view and why Maneacat ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what I'm discusted with most..the treatment of Harris or the lack of respect for the fans for not explaining it...either way I won't be buying a season ticket now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chapman to Rathbone, November 2018: " I'll leave you to get on with signing the team up, just make sure you keep the costs tight.

Chapman to Rathbone, January 2019; "JFC, Ged, I told you to keep the costs tight. You're going to have to reduce the wagebill by 20%. If you have to cut a heat leader I can take him to Ippo or Lynn but I won't be paying him the money you've agreed. You can have Tungate but you'll have to pay him a lot less than you've agreed with your other heat leaders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team looked way to expensive from the start. And signed up fast. I don't know what was agreed, but theres no way imho Buster would of agreed to  a wage bill like that. I don't know what went on, but if, and it's a very big if Buster had agreed terms with all the riders, then it's a sham.But I can't see him giving the Panthers a much bigger budget than his King's Lynn or Ippo. This must of been thrashed out between Buster, Ippo and Boro before a rider was signed, surely?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tungate is probably willing to ride for peanuts, he would do anything to stay away from Foxhole.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Tungate is probably willing to ride for peanuts, he would do anything to stay away from Foxhole.

 

 

The Panthers with Tungate are still a very strong team. Averages don't lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The team looked way to expensive from the start. And signed up fast. I don't know what was agreed, but theres no way imho Buster would of agreed to  a wage bill like that. I don't know what went on, but if, and it's a very big if Buster had agreed terms with all the riders, then it's a sham.But I can't see him giving the Panthers a much bigger budget than his King's Lynn or Ippo. This must of been thrashed out between Buster, Ippo and Boro before a rider was signed, surely?

Like what ? You have some figures for us ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Like what ? You have some figures for us ? 

No. But just think for a minute....Buster has Lynn for 25+ years. He buys Ippo and Boro to keep the Prem going(big money risk). They didn't have to sell to him. It's cost him £££. Cookie is not cheap. Harris is not cheap. Hans can't be cheap.. I don't know what went on, but I find it hard to believe Buster agreed to pay big wages at Boro and less at his  beloved Lynn and lesser to Ippo.

I may be wrong..Are you right?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Panthers with Tungate are still a very strong team. Averages don't lie.

Probably stronger as there's no way in a million years Harris keeps that average up.  

The way all this has been handled is wrong but we may very well come out of it stronger on the track anyway. 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Probably stronger as there's no way in a million years Harris keeps that average up.  

The way all this has been handled is wrong but we may very well come out of it stronger on the track anyway. 

It is wrong and we don't know who is to blame, but yes the Panthers will be my fav's with Wolves to lift the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No. But just think for a minute....Buster has Lynn for 25+ years. He buys Ippo and Boro to keep the Prem going(big money risk). They didn't have to sell to him. It's cost him £££. Cookie is not cheap. Harris is not cheap. Hans can't be cheap.. I don't know what went on, but I find it hard to believe Buster agreed to pay big wages at Boro and less at his  beloved Lynn and lesser to Ippo.

I may be wrong..Are you right?

It will be interesting to see where Bomber ends up, that might tell us something... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

It will be interesting to see where Bomber ends up, that might tell us something... 

Ipswich.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy