British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

So big news Ipswich back in the top flight with Buster Chapman buying the club with Louis staying as promoter and Hawkins AS team manager. What do you make of that boys and girls? 

Edited by Spl77
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Interesting.. assume this means Chapman isn't buying Peterborough as rumoured?

Or buying both 

1. Jason Doyle

2. Nico Covatti

3. Danny King

6. Jake Allen

7. Drew Kemp

Then fill in the blanks wouldnt mind seeing Cookie

Edited by Gavan

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

1. Jason Doyle

2. Nico Covatti

3. Danny King

6. Jake Allen

7. Drew Kemp

Then fill in the blanks wouldnt mind seeing Cookie

You do know its still 42.5 points for team building don't you?! (PS. I think JD will be at one of the other clubs up that way!!);)

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You do know its still 42.5 points for team building don't you?! (PS. I think JD will be at one of the other clubs up that way!!);)

Yes

Ive not seen the averages or looked them up but in my head

Doyle 10

Covatti 5

Allen 5

King 6

Kemp 3

Ive rounded some of those up leaving 13.5 for 2 riders, if that was rounded up to say 14 for 2 riders we could fit in Cook (7.5) Lawson (6.5)

As ive said ive not looked at the averages but that team wouldnt get beat at home im sure

Don't want Cook thanks. We would have rain offs every other week, the blokes a bit of a princess.... Must have Drew Kemp in though. Hes got a great future

The years in the Championship have been very enjoyable and will miss many aspects of it

With the planned reduction in Championship limit however Im glad we are moving back up to the top league

I hope we see 2 or 3 new faces and a 'big' signing to kickstart the new era

For me its a year too early for Drew to be in the top league. I think he would be best in the 2nd tier for 2019 ( not that I will be unhappy to see him wear the Witch mind you :))

Wouldnt be surprised if Nico was elsewhere

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, keithyopian said:

Don't want Cook thanks. We would have rain offs every other week, the blokes a bit of a princess.... Must have Drew Kemp in though. Hes got a great future

what a numpty tell him to his face another person hiding behind a keyboard !!!:icon_smile_clown:

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Danny King & Scott Nicholls will be signed up pretty sharpish in my opinion. 

Scott's on a 2 year deal with Peterborough surely:unsure: and if he's 100% fit would think Danny's a cert, plus the fact he can stay with Leicester too.

Could you imagine any other sport allowing the 'head' of a sporting governing body also owning 3 of its competitors? WTF?!

Edited by hagonshocker

31 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

what a numpty tell him to his face another person hiding behind a keyboard !!!:icon_smile_clown:

I did..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Badge said:

Scott's on a 2 year deal with Peterborough surely:unsure: and if he's 100% fit would think Danny's a cert, plus the fact he can stay with Leicester too.

In a new twist this year Scott will ride for Ipswich and Peterborough. When we ride against each other, then we will both have guests for Scotty. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1