2 hours ago, Gavan said:

1. Jason Doyle

2. Nico Covatti

3. Danny King

6. Jake Allen

7. Drew Kemp

Then fill in the blanks wouldnt mind seeing Cookie

Haha Ipswich v Poole, what do you reckon Gavan 

Looks like Buster is taking over the world of Permiership speedway owning King's Lynn Ipswich and Peterborough! 

Just now, Spl77 said:

Looks like Buster is taking over the world of Permiership speedway owning King's Lynn Ipswich and Peterborough! 

To be renamed the Chapmanship.

• Haha 3

I’m genuinely a bit baffled by today’s events and I’m struggling to understand what’s what and who calls the shots. Does Chapman now call all the shots as to who we can and can’t sign? Or Does Louis still do what he’s done in previous years and “control” the running of the club just not “own” it?

cant help but feel a little uneasy at the minute. One thing I’ve always felt with the Louis’ in full control, was safe. 

Anyway, I hope we don’t go down the same route as Rye when they moved up and sign a “dads army” team of yesteryear and riders who have clearly seen better days such as Nicholls and Harris. 

We cant get excited and sign a bunch of names thinking they’re still top riders, Andersen another one. Things have changed since we were last in the division and we have to be smarter than that. 

We should also avoid taking the easy option of signing up riders that regularly rode for us in the Championship and thinking they could do a job for us. 

Heeps for example, being a 3rd heatleader (or thereabouts) in the Championship, you’d think would do well in a top flight reserve berth, but he was disastrous for Wolves at reserve. 

Very interesting weeks and months ahead. 

• Like 3

Welcome back to the top flight you no1 scumbags :P

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Right back at ya arse face ;)

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Right back at ya arse face ;)

Now that’s more like it :D

• Haha 1

I’m concerned with the wording regarding averages - riders must have achieved a 3.00 average to race in the premiership - don’t think we’ll be having Drew at Ipswich if that is the case which is a shame although like some have said maybe a full year in the championship before the move up would benefit...

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I’m concerned with the wording regarding averages - riders must have achieved a 3.00 average to race in the premiership - don’t think we’ll be having Drew at Ipswich if that is the case which is a shame although like some have said maybe a full year in the championship before the move up would benefit...

Yes that's a statement that certainly needs clarification. Don't know how you can achieve an actual 3.00 average without riding in the league. Or does it mean a 3.00 average in the Championship before you can move up. Or a 3.00 Premiership average AFTER the 1.5 (or whatever it is) conversion. Clear as mud as usual.

• Like 1

How I understand it, in the Premiership they'll probably have a minimum assessed average of say 4.00 or 5.00 but the lowest actual average will be 3.00 instead of last season's 2.00

I’m very disappointed to be leaving the championship especially now with two extra teams and now we have just six opponents.  I will always support my team regardless of which league we are in but I really enjoyed championship racing. 

My fear is Buster now owns the riders so I’d expect Drew Kemp to be riding for Lynn instead of Ipswich. 

I remember when Buster purchased mildenhall.  He kept the rider assets and sold it on within weeks. 

Only positive I can see is the derby meetings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’m very disappointed to be leaving the championship especially now with two extra teams and now we have just six opponents.  I will always support my team regardless of which league we are in but I really enjoyed championship racing. 

My fear is Buster now owns the riders so I’d expect Drew Kemp to be riding for Lynn instead of Ipswich. 

I remember when Buster purchased mildenhall.  He kept the rider assets and sold it on within weeks. 

Only positive I can see is the derby meetings. 

Totally agree and just when you think the sport cannot get any more farcical it continues to be the gift that keeps on giving! and still we will only have say 12 to 14 meetings!

• Haha 1

This may be a purchasing to safeguard until a different buyer comes in? Like Leicester. He may have just saved the premier league by doing this with ipswich and Peterborough.

What a strange day! I just can't see why Chapman wants to own 3 teams in one league. However given the state of UK speedway it's good business by Louis. Sells the club and makes some money. Whlie staying on to run the club he loves with no financial risk.