British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

That goes against a post made by Neil Watson on another thread where he says assessed averages still allowed just that min in Prem will be 3

IE Drew may be a 2 in Championship but would have to be a 3 in Premiership

Don’t think it really matter too much either way. As you rightly said earlier, a season too early for the Premiership. Let him ride the Championship for the next step of his progression, and watch his progress closely. Then maybe later in the season or a team spot in 2020. 

Unless of course Buster has other plans for him...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Maybe when Chris finally walks away from Ipswich he could be the man to start the independent body to control speedway. No ties to any club.

• Like 1

Wonder if Jarek might fancy another stint over here? In the Autumn of his career, no GP’s and less fixtures than he rode in the past. 

Still a very capable rider and was riding superbly again at the end of this season after his injury troubles 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wonder if Jarek might fancy another stint over here? In the Autumn of his career, no GP’s and less fixtures than he rode in the past. 

Still a very capable rider and was riding superbly again at the end of this season after his injury troubles 

Not sure on that front 

New era , new challenge , new faces for me

Id like to see no more than 3 riders that have worn the Witch before

You would still have the core identity but should get a real fresh feel and buzz

The problem with bringing back Jarek , Hans etc is that the memory is still there as to why we dropped out in the first place

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t see why he’d want the extra expenditure of riding over here for minimal Financial gain - he was always quite open and honest with finding the travelling hard work back when he was coming over - hence often going missing towards the end of the season 

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Can’t see why he’d want the extra expenditure of riding over here for minimal Financial gain - he was always quite open and honest with finding the travelling hard work back when he was coming over - hence often going missing towards the end of the season 

Things are a little different now though. Nowhere near the amount of fixtures compared to when he last rode here, and no GP’s either. I take Taps’ point, but he’d still be one of the better number ones in the league. 

Hes still levels above the likes of Andersen and Nicholls imo. 

Sure id rather someone like Jason Doyle, but if he opts to go elsewhere who can we get in to spearhead the side?

We should be asking Guy Nicholls for extra help in persuading Doyle to pitch in at Foxhall. Loves his Speedway does Guy and he might be willing..

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not sure on that front 

New era , new challenge , new faces for me

Id like to see no more than 3 riders that have worn the Witch before

You would still have the core identity but should get a real fresh feel and buzz

The problem with bringing back Jarek , Hans etc is that the memory is still there as to why we dropped out in the first place

Yep have to kind of agree - although not sure there’s 4/5 relaistic riders we’ve had ride for us before I’d for sure wanna to see in a top flight team.......who do you have in mind!?

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Things are a little different now though. Nowhere near the amount of fixtures compared to when he last rode here, and no GP’s either. I take Taps’ point, but he’d still be one of the better number ones in the league. 

Hes still levels above the likes of Andersen and Nicholls imo. 

Sure id rather someone like Jason Doyle, but if he opts to go elsewhere who can we get in to spearhead the side?

We should be asking Guy Nicholls for extra help in persuading Doyle to pitch in at Foxhall. Loves his Speedway does Guy and he might be willing..

To be fair I see your point on Jarek, still think it’s unlikely, I think we have a good shout at getting doyley if he wants to come, has always gone very well at Foxhall too!

for me whatever the team ends up being I just hope it’s built with a view to being unbeatable at home we lost way too many home meetings last year

What about Zagar? 

I know he hasn’t ridden for you before. 

But with no Sweden for him yet and most likely not at all. I doubt BV get him with Cook and Fricke the 1/5 combo at that team. Zagar would be a good choice and with no Leicester in the league(Zagar hates it there). 

Would fit with his schedule as well. 

15 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

What about Zagar? 

I know he hasn’t ridden for you before. 

But with no Sweden for him yet and most likely not at all. I doubt BV get him with Cook and Fricke the 1/5 combo at that team. Zagar would be a good choice and with no Leicester in the league(Zagar hates it there). 

Would fit with his schedule as well. 

Wouldn’t be against it

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Wouldn’t be against it

7.48 average. Wonder if you go after bomber as well.

Go strength in depth first year 

In Zagar and Harris you have named 2 riders that traditionally asked for large guarantees and have gone missing when they have a bit of a strop so I would be wary of signing either

Not sure of bomber - don’t think he’s as good around Foxhall as several riders on lower averages...I guess maybe hasn’t ridden there as mich as others while we’ve been in division below, to be honest with the suggestion of Zagar I still had him in my head head as second heat leader behind an out and out no.1 such as doyle

Looks a clever little plan Buster has put together, buy up two teams and generate plenty of local derbies, entice travelling supporters and have the basis for a breakaway league should everything else go belly up. Im guessing the completion of the Mildenhall deal hasn't gone through yet or they will be Championship this year and Prem next?

Either way at Ipswich the first name on the sheet id be looking for is Kennett who must be on a bargain average?