British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

It least he is honest !!! If I owned Lynn I’d give them a crap team as it would help my team.  

The fans and Chris Louis wanted more fixtures with more varied opposition.  I believe Chris was frustrated by the lack of change and sold up as for him as his sole income would not be viable. 14 pay days per year is no good to anyone. 

Doubling up is continuing instead of ceasing. If you double the fixtures in the championship and make all teams have nl standard reserves so they get track time. Exclude the top 22 riders from the championship and give them premiership places. Only British riders to double up and problem solved !!

• Like 2

Presumbably if Buster holds the cards then he can hire and fire at both clubs if he wishes. Also it would be interesting to know spedeworths point of view on the Ipswich sale as surely it could potentially effect their levels of revenue such as stadium rent.

I think, imo, as much as anything it's the shock of the announcement. Not sure if other fans were aware that the club was up for sale, I certainly wasn't tbh.

Still it is what it is,, onwards and upwards for now at least.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 2:17 PM, 89buttons said:

Certainly seems ambiguous, from what Hawkins says though you gotta achieve 4.5 in championship and that can then be converted by 1.5 to a prem 3.00 - so potentially using drew as an example once he’s up to 4.5 he could then be brought in somewhere in top league, ironic we were all hoping drew would keep his 2.00 average for this season team building and now ineligible and wish he’d have ridden enough to get an achieves average!

So what would be the minimum assessed average in the PL? why cant Drew start on that? Think its more that he is able to partake but not on the average that Ipswich want him to be on.... And would Kemp wanted to ride anyway?    

2 hours ago, TB1 said:

Presumbably if Buster holds the cards then he can hire and fire at both clubs if he wishes. Also it would be interesting to know spedeworths point of view on the Ipswich sale as surely it could potentially effect their levels of revenue such as stadium rent.

Buster taking over Ipswich Speedway has no relevance to Spedeworth's revenue. They charge the rent so Buster will have to pay it.

20 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So what would be the minimum assessed average in the PL? why cant Drew start on that? Think its more that he is able to partake but not on the average that Ipswich want him to be on.... And would Kemp wanted to ride anyway?    

The minimum will be 4, why would Ipswich want to put Kemp in on a 4. That would be ridiculous. 

Think the Premiership are also wanting a certain "above standard" rider to be at that level. That's why all Championship rider's have to achieve a 4.5+ average to get the 3 average required in the Premiership. 

From what Louis said on BBC Radio Suffolk last night clauses are in place so that he can buy the club back at a later date if he wished to. 

Hope so!  Meanwhile hope all this tweaking of aves etc., does not make it harder for youth to develop & get up the leagues.

35 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

From what Louis said on BBC Radio Suffolk last night clauses are in place so that he can buy the club back at a later date if he wished to. 

Thank goodness 

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Thank goodness 

43 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Plus or minus assets?:unsure:

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

I suspect that the option is if Chapman was approached by a third party to buy Ipswich, Louis would be offered first refusal but if that bid by a third party could not he matched by Louis, Chapman would sell to the the third party.

No one knows at this stage whether these deals will work in the short to medium term but it is what it is.

I still find it difficult to believe either of them particularly in light of the EADT interview. Louis must have known at that stage what was on the cards, the deal was not done last minute. He has afterall known the Chapman family for many years and last season was probably the straw that broke the camels back. Disillusioned by what happened on the track and the antics of a few riders must have made him question if it was all worth it.

Cannot help feeling that something very special has been lost by a Suffolk born and bred promotion selling out let alone to the arch enemy north of the border. Few will trust any results between the three teams. Won’t take long before the seeds of doubt re match fixing are sown. 

• Like 1

One thing for certain is that Chapman got to make this work if he fails he loses the money ploughed in 3 teams and the top league at least collapses. Brave man. 

Interesting rubbish on Radio last night re - US. sport "openness" over costs & contracts & money. Would be interesting to know how much Ippo sold for, how much each rider sold/paid??

4 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

One thing for certain is that Chapman got to make this work if he fails he loses the money ploughed in 3 teams and the top league at least collapses. Brave man. 

With speedway in the state it is, I think he is very brave and/or his pockets a very deep. No doubt he has done it to keep the Prem going in 2019.