British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So what would be the minimum assessed average in the PL? why cant Drew start on that? Think its more that he is able to partake but not on the average that Ipswich want him to be on.... And would Kemp wanted to ride anyway?    

Like I said certainly ambiguous - maybe they could use drew on a 4.00 in prem, but Hawkins can be quoted as saying he’s currently ineligible until he has achieved a 4.5 champ average.

one would assume this rule and the restrictive points limit in champ is an attempt to create a better distinction in level between the two leagues

I think its understandable for fans of all 3 clubs to have some reservations about the situation but until any actions prove otherwise then I am happy to take the positives for all parties

The league structure has been stabilised

The Witches are in the league that in 2019 best suits them

Peterboroughs future is extended

Kings Lynn fans get to feel all superior for a while (temporarily of course :P)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think its understandable for fans of all 3 clubs to have some reservations about the situation but until any actions prove otherwise then I am happy to take the positives for all parties

The league structure has been stabilised

The Witches are in the league that in 2019 best suits them

Peterboroughs future is extended

Kings Lynn fans get to feel all superior for a while (temporarily of course :P)

Looking forward to it :t:

I'm thinking we'll see one or two under the radar suprises along with a swansong for Nicholls possibly as captain. 

11 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I still keep going to the Championship section by mistake  :rolleyes:

Going to take a little while to get used to. 

Me too, very weird :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Both the deals for Ipswich and Peterborough are "Commercial deals" so think we need to know what this actually means.... 

Has Chapman bought everything or just a chunk to that both clubs would enable the PL to continue with 7 clubs? 

• Like 1

I see it as he has bought both clubs fully and has employed Rathbone and Louis as managers and promoters.  

Strangely the reason ged gave for giving up Peterborough was purely for time it took to travel down and to concentrate on his own business interests. So perhaps buster has brought him a jet too as now it’s no problem to Carry on 

23 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I see it as he has bought both clubs fully and has employed Rathbone and Louis as managers and promoters.  

Strangely the reason ged gave for giving up Peterborough was purely for time it took to travel down and to concentrate on his own business interests. So perhaps buster has brought him a jet too as now it’s no problem to Carry on 

I don`t- i see it as he is buying the clubs and paying over several seasons with additional payment(a wage) to messrs Rathbone and Louis to run the clubs for him.

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I don`t- i see it as he is buying the clubs and paying over several seasons with additional payment(a wage) to messrs Rathbone and Louis to run the clubs for him.

If so it may work the same way as rider transfer by stage payment - payment stops and ownership reverts back....

There is a clear miss understanding of the take overs.

Keith Chapman would have bought both clubs outright, pay wages to the rider's, promoters and managers etc. Take on the sponsorship funds, and have any profits if there is any etc.

The only thing he wouldn't of bought are the rider assets. This is what's meant by a "commercial" take over.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

There is a clear miss understanding of the take overs.

Keith Chapman would have bought both clubs outright, pay wages to the rider's, promoters and managers etc. Take on the sponsorship funds, and have any profits if there is any etc.

The only thing he wouldn't of bought are the rider assets. This is what's meant by a "commercial" take over.

Are you sure about that ds? Think that's worrying a few of us witches fans tbh, we haven't forgotten mildenhall way back. I know we haven't got many, but we've got a jewel in drew tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Are you sure about that ds? Think that's worrying a few of us witches fans tbh, we haven't forgotten mildenhall way back. I know we haven't got many, but we've got a jewel in drew tbh.

A side issue but this is where the 'asset' system question rears its head again

Why should Drew automatically have become a Witches asset (registration holder) in order to have ridden those 7 Championship meetings?

Im not saying he wouldnt have chosen too anyway but to have no choice is wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

I'm pretty sure, Louis will still hold the right's to the assets. A commercial owner is exactly that. He will be able to take any finances that come into the club. This will include all loan fees for any of the club's assets etc. What he will not be allowed to do is sell the assets, this will be down to Louis. It isn't just rider's he cannot sell. This will be assets Louis owns like tractors, graders, etc.

In simple terms, a commercial owner is in financial control of all things in and out. Existing assets are out of his control.

I wouldn't worry as a Witch fan, your club is in safe hands financially and Louis is still there keeping a close eye.

Enjoy your 1st year back in the top flight and be prepared to be thrashed home and away by the Stars, just suck it up :D

Joking aside, really, don't worry :t: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Enjoy your 1st year back in the top flight and be prepared to be thrashed home and away by the Stars, just suck it up  

See when you believe this how can we trust anything you say ;)

Have you still got those Witches in storage that you planned to blow up when you scored a 5-1? :rofl: