British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A side issue but this is where the 'asset' system question rears its head again

Why should Drew automatically have become a Witches asset (registration holder) in order to have ridden those 7 Championship meetings?

Im not saying he wouldnt have chosen too anyway but to have no choice is wrong

Becoming an asset is no longer a given just because of the number of rides. Drew can sign as an asset to anyone he likes or not be an asset to any club at all.

There have been rider's in the past state in their contracts that they'll ride if they remain a free asset.

No end of clubs have signed rider's as assets and they've never ridden for them and gone out on loan, especially top league clubs.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Becoming an asset is no longer a given just because of the number of rides. Drew can sign as an asset to anyone he likes or not be an asset to any club at all.

There have been rider's in the past state in their contracts that they'll ride if they remain a free asset.

No end of clubs have signed rider's as assets and they've never ridden for them and gone out on loan, especially top league clubs.

Riders have not been allowed to retain control over their own registration for some time now

It is a requirement to sign this over to a club in order to ride outside the NL

Yes Drew would/did have a choice where he signed but would not have been allowed to ride in the Championship without signing over his registration to a team

Clubs can only now sign British assets without qualifying meetings - any other rider registration requires the minimum qualifying meetings to have been ridden

Clubs can no longer sign a list of foreign riders and just loan them out

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Riders have not been allowed to retain control over their own registration for some time now

It is a requirement to sign this over to a club in order to ride outside the NL

Yes Drew would/did have a choice where he signed but would not have been allowed to ride in the Championship without signing over his registration to a team

Clubs can only now sign British assets without qualifying meetings - any other rider registration requires the minimum qualifying meetings to have been ridden

Clubs can no longer sign a list of foreign riders and just loan them out

You may well be right but I'm sure there's free rider's out there which are, kind of a BSPA asset and when a club uses said rider a minimal fee is paid to the BSPA. This kind of makes a rider a free agent.

Also, I think this is the route the BSPA is going down being a LTD business also. They'll hold the rider's registration. This will also be beneficial with Brexit looming. They will be the rider's sponsor of employment making it easier for visa's to be given. I think with the BSPA being LTD, in 20 years time there will be very few / no club assets at all.

Id say that means their registration is held by the BSPA who could at any time transfer that to a club with the rider having no say - thats very different from being a free agent

I'm pretty sure Dean Standing was never club asset and held his own registration thus allowing him freedom to move clubs. Not that that has anything to do with 2019 lol

1 hour ago, Spl77 said:

I'm pretty sure Dean Standing was never club asset and held his own registration thus allowing him freedom to move clubs. Not that that has anything to do with 2019 lol

Quite possibly and the prospect of that being the norm meaning an end to lian fees meant tge 'loophole' was closed

On 11/16/2018 at 5:37 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Buster taking over Ipswich Speedway has no relevance to Spedeworth's revenue. They charge the rent so Buster will have to pay it.

Yes but if they don't like the situation they could pump up busters rent!!

6 minutes ago, TB1 said:

Yes but if they don't like the situation they could pump up busters rent!!

Only if it was up for review

Not sure I’d like to see both as think that would leave us a little exposed at reserve and if/when running r/r but would really like to see either one of Nathan greaves or James Shane’s in a witches jacket next season - thoughts anyone?

With covatti on 4.7 and each of them on around 3.2 that’s less than 8 points for your reserves that gets my vote!

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d have Nico at reserve all day long. Was a trump card there for Somerset this year. 

This was my thoughts too, had we continued in a “similar standard to this year championship” I’d have maybe said no to bringing Nico back as just didn’t feel he was a consistent enough 3rd heat leader at that level - but like you said was great for Somerset and when at reserve on the nights where he does go off like a rocket can pick up extra rides!

I liked the way Rasmus Jensen went at Foxhall last year and on converted average could come in at 4.39 - another potential trump card, or young josh Pickering on 4.07 always looks good at Foxhall. I would like to see a young Brit in one of the reserve berths though ideally depending on how the teams built and he all the numbers work out

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

This was my thoughts too, had we continued in a “similar standard to this year championship” I’d have maybe said no to bringing Nico back as just didn’t feel he was a consistent enough 3rd heat leader at that level - but like you said was great for Somerset and when at reserve on the nights where he does go off like a rocket can pick up extra rides!

I liked the way Rasmus Jensen went at Foxhall last year and on converted average could come in at 4.39 - another potential trump card, or young josh Pickering on 4.07 always looks good at Foxhall. I would like to see a young Brit in one of the reserve berths though ideally depending on how the teams built and he all the numbers work out

Jensen would be a great signing just only issue would be that he has never seen the tracks before

Pickering goes ok at Foxhall but tends to go well on the bigger tracks, so the NSS, Peterborough and to a lesser extent Lynn and Swindon should hold no fears for him.

Both would be good signings and so to would Jake Allen

21 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Jensen would be a great signing just only issue would be that he has never seen the tracks before

Pickering goes ok at Foxhall but tends to go well on the bigger tracks, so the NSS, Peterborough and to a lesser extent Lynn and Swindon should hold no fears for him.

Both would be good signings and so to would Jake Allen

May I point out that Lynn is bigger and faster than Peterborough ;) Lynn 342m.. ave speed 53.13        ...        Peterborough 336m and 50.88 average speed :t:

And is the 2nd fastest track in the country apart from Sheffield 54.66 ave speed.

I know fast don't mean good racing btw..  I wouldn't have replied, but the Panthers along side Ippo are the enemy in 2019 :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

May I point out that Lynn is bigger and faster than Peterborough ;) Lynn 342m.. ave speed 53.13        ...        Peterborough 336m and 50.88 average speed :t:

And is the 2nd fastest track in the country apart from Sheffield 54.66 ave speed.

I know fast don't mean good racing btw..  I wouldn't have replied, but the Panthers along side Ippo are the enemy in 2019 :P

All irrelevant if the only important part is the first 20 metres :P;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1