British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

May I point out that Lynn is bigger and faster than Peterborough ;) Lynn 342m.. ave speed 53.13        ...        Peterborough 336m and 50.88 average speed :t:

And is the 2nd fastest track in the country apart from Sheffield 54.66 ave speed.

I know fast don't mean good racing btw..  I wouldn't have replied, but the Panthers along side Ippo are the enemy in 2019 :P

Interesting.  I wonder where Swindon and Berwick feature in this speed list (of course average speed doesn't mean the highest peak speed i.e. at the end of the straight)?

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Interesting.  I wonder where Swindon and Berwick feature in this speed list (of course average speed doesn't mean the highest peak speed i.e. at the end of the straight)?

Swindon must have one of the longest straights so a higher speed, until they shorten the track this winter.

39 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon must have one of the longest straights so a higher speed, until they shorten the track this winter.

Swindon - Abbey Stadium: Track Length (m) 363, Record set 63.86s by Leigh Adams on 31st Aug '09. [Ave. Speed - 50.86mph]

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Berwick - Shielfield Park: Track Length (m) 368, Record set 62.8s by Craig Cook on 15th Aug '15. [Ave. Speed - 52.43mph]

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I've  seen Batch practicing at Lynn, so the track wasn't grippy like a race night and I think he hit 68 if me memory serves me correct, so at 70+ on a race night :blink: The thing I noticed was how much the bike slows down when in the turns. Must take it out of the riders holding on. 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Drew Kemp signs for Sheffield in the championship. 

Good move for drew, different type of home track, big and fast and will surely benefit from working with steady

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

May I point out that Lynn is bigger and faster than Peterborough ;) Lynn 342m.. ave speed 53.13        ...        Peterborough 336m and 50.88 average speed :t:

And is the 2nd fastest track in the country apart from Sheffield 54.66 ave speed.

I know fast don't mean good racing btw..  I wouldn't have replied, but the Panthers along side Ippo are the enemy in 2019 :P

Surely Belle Vue has to be the quickest track now.

12 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Surely Belle Vue has to be the quickest track now.

Not listed, but if you have the length and the track record, it could be worked out.

If 347 m and 58.2 are correct, its 53.36 ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not listed, but if you have the length and the track record, it could be worked out.

Yes that's the correct  figures guess makes it 2nd fastest track.

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Out of curiosity could you work out ave speed around monmore please

It's 264m track rec 52.69 NKI again.

26 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Out of curiosity could you work out ave speed around monmore please

It's 264m track rec 52.69 NKI again.

44.84 mph

I use this. Just enter length and time and then X the answer by 4 :t:

https://www.countcalculate.com/cars-and-speed/average-speed

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

A speed gun situated at the end of a straight on a track would be an interesting addition to speedway, a bit like they have for skiers.  Not all the time as it would get boring but now and then.  Surely can't be that hard?  Big screen at the track I think would have the biggest opportunity to improve fans interaction but a speed gun could help.

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Note the g-force as the bike slows down for the turns !! Sorry to invade Ippo's thread, but people seemed interested.

Not us Ipswich fans I see, so can you kindly take your “average speed” convo elsewhere. 

Ta.