British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Surely that’s a bit tight in terms of travelling between meetings.....it’s a couple of hours between tracks

Thats what the tradition was.... Watch the morning meeting at Compost Corner and then dash back to the stadium. Riders vans and supporters vehicles in one big convoy through Thetford forest. 

Much prefer that to the Afternoon at Foxhall and then at night at Lynn. Even though you still had the Witches fans racing back through the Forest after a big win.... 1998 saw one Witch continuing his overtakes through the Forest...ah the good old days :t:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Pretty much use to be like that,although i think the second one use to start at 3.30pm.

Think it always started later as a rider or too was stuck in traffic!  

• Like 1

To be fair I was a kid in the 90’s so my concept of how tight it was getting back isn’t going to be great I just thought it was more like 11am and 4.30pm but hey ho! Here’s hoping we do get a good double header!!

15 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

It certainly was 11am and 3pm

Traffic is much heavier now, and we never had an hour of tractor racing at Saddlebow...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, 89buttons said:

To be fair I was a kid in the 90’s so my concept of how tight it was getting back isn’t going to be great I just thought it was more like 11am and 4.30pm but hey ho! Here’s hoping we do get a good double header!!

Definitely 11.am for the leg at Lynn

Not really followed the team building and goings on in the top flight too much over the last few years with us being in the Championship. 

But not a single confirmed signing anywhere in the Premiership with December looming on the horizon. Is that normal for this division?

Plenty of confirmed signings in the Championship already. 

Any whispers of potential signings for the Witches?

On 11/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, tellboy said:

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek,as i said can't see it being anything other than the Friday if they do ride on the Easter weekend.

Are Fridays not a Championship race day ?

Good Friday is exempt!  Because its all about the money.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Are Fridays not a Championship race day ?

always big crowds on good Friday at all tracks weather permitting of course 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

always big crowds on good Friday at all tracks weather permitting of course 

Plus Poland permitting 

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not really followed the team building and goings on in the top flight too much over the last few years with us being in the Championship. 

But not a single confirmed signing anywhere in the Premiership with December looming on the horizon. Is that normal for this division?

Plenty of confirmed signings in the Championship already. 

Any whispers of potential signings for the Witches?

Just a guess but Jason Doyle and Richard Lswson could be on the potential signing list 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spl77 said:

Just a guess but Jason Doyle and Richard Lswson could be on the potential signing list 

Doyle on an average of 9.80 does not look attractive to me, would much prefer strength in depth ....

I’d like to see doyle at no.1 for us next season, always been superb around Foxhall and will score big home and away all year, while I agree it’s good and proven in the last few years to have strength throughout the team you’ve still needed riders that can produce in the big moments towards the end of meetings ie ht13&15 when you need it most.

surely being able to boast a world champion in your team will be a good draw through the gates as well!!??

Who wouldn’t want Doyle as their number one next season?

• Like 2